Sponsored

Procharger Questions

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have a 2018 Mustang GT A10 base car. Procharger d1x stg 2, MAK Hurricane pipe, ID 1050x inj, vortech BAP, DW400 pump, 170 t-stat, 1 range colder brisk plugs gapped at .025, and the standard pro-flow valve. Running e85

1). I am having an intermittent idle problem. Some times it idles smooth and steady while other times it surges up and down hunting for idle and often times it dies. It will start right back up and usually idles smooth again but not always.
2). In sport mode when the trans shifts the RPMs drop and it almost sounds like it back fires then shifts into gear. This is on every gear change. In Drive it runs through the gears without a hiccup. I have been told it is due to Fords torque management system but it doesn't seam right.

Drag radials are a must and even MTs have a tough time hooking up on the street. That being said it pulls like a freight train, cant wait to get it to the track!
Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I have a 2018 Mustang GT A10 base car. Procharger d1x stg 2, MAK Hurricane pipe, ID 1050x inj, vortech BAP, DW400 pump, 170 t-stat, 1 range colder brisk plugs gapped at .025, and the standard pro-flow valve. Running e85

1). I am having an intermittent idle problem. Some times it idles smooth and steady while other times it surges up and down hunting for idle and often times it dies. It will start right back up and usually idles smooth again but not always.
2). In sport mode when the trans shifts the RPMs drop and it almost sounds like it back fires then shifts into gear. This is on every gear change. In Drive it runs through the gears without a hiccup. I have been told it is due to Fords torque management system but it doesn't seam right.

Drag radials are a must and even MTs have a tough time hooking up on the street. That being said it pulls like a freight train, cant wait to get it to the track!
Does the idle hunt happen when the car is cold or warm? Or does it only happen when the car is warm like mine? Cold starts have never been an issue with me.

OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It has not done it on cold start, only after it’s up to temp so far.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Talk to your tuner.

OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I already have. Last revision didn’t fix it so hope the next one will. Just trouble shooting.

Sponsored

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I have almost the same setup but on 93. I dont have idle problems but the car almost stalls on cold and warm starts. Doesnt actually stall though. Lund has blamed the procharger MAF that is in the intercooler. They say it should be in the pipe. Right now im just dealing with it.

Im very interested to see how your car runs/dynos on the E85. What pulley are you running?

OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I will Keep you updated. I am going to try and get to the track in the next couple weekends. I think the pulley is 4.1 around 10lbs I think.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Both should be tune related.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Lund has blamed the procharger MAF that is in the intercooler. They say it should be in the pipe.
I had the same idle issue. My tuner said the same thing. I purchased an aftermarket sensor and welded into the procharger pipe. About the same length from the throttle body as it was in the factory position. That fixed my issue. Too much air pushing over the stock one couldn't get a steady reading.

OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I had the same idle issue. My tuner said the same thing. I purchased an aftermarket sensor and welded into the procharger pipe. About the same length from the throttle body as it was in the factory position. That fixed my issue. Too much air pushing over the stock one couldn't get a steady reading.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’m tuning with Rob at PBD so hopefully he can get it figured out. I called Procharger today and they made it sound like they dont have the these problems on their tunes.

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
I’m tuning with Rob at PBD so hopefully he can get it figured out. I called Procharger today and they made it sound like they dont have the these problems on their tunes.
Ya procharger said the same thing to me, like they have never heard of it. haha I have another friend with a P1x (PBD tuned) and hes got some issues too. running the car, logging and doing revisions takes time. and I work 50-60hrs a week. so i have not really devoted much time, only a couple revisions. Maybe Lund will get it fixed, in time.

OP
OP

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Quick update. The new revision has the sport mode fixed and running stong but the idle surge is still there just the same. Hope we can get it fixed on the next couple revisions.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We do see a little bit of surgimg occasionally. We have relocated the mag on a couple and that does seem to help

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I think .25 plug gap is too tight.When u gap a plug that tight it can effect idle.My maf is in my intercooler and my car idles fine.
Sponsored