Sponsored

ProCharger Installed (Pics) - Some Questions

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So we did the ProCharger install over the weekend on my 2015 GT (with Performance Package). Went way better than I expected and only took about 6 hours. Also had time to do the Cervini grilles.

So for my fellow ProCharger people I have a few questions as I am trying to see if my concerns are warranted.

1) In talking to several people I was told my PP wheels/tires would not be enough to hold the power the ProCharger HO kit would give me. But after install and base tune (thank you so much DiabloMatt) I honestly dont feel like there is any real power gain. Tires have not broken loose at all in 1st or second.

2) The car only seems to make any power when I go Wide Open Throttle, 1/2 or ever 3/4 throttle just comes out to the Proflow bypass valve venting all the air (you can hear the air screaming out the valve).

3) Have a few times when I go to pull out and give the car 3/4 throttle it starts to buck very badly and I can hear the bypass valve opening and closing in rapid succession.

I am just looking for some general advice as this is my first Super Charger so I am new to this world and want to know what feels right vs what does not. Also I was expecting a big jump in power and the 5-10 runs I have made post install it honestly does not feel like I was expecting 200 more HP to feel.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
So for my fellow ProCharger people I have a few questions as I am trying to see if my concerns are warranted.

1) In talking to several people I was told my PP wheels/tires would not be enough to hold the power the ProCharger HO kit would give me. But after install and base tune (thank you so much DiabloMatt) I honestly dont feel like there is any real power gain. Tires have not broken loose at all in 1st or second.

2) The car only seems to make any power when I go Wide Open Throttle, 1/2 or ever 3/4 throttle just comes out to the Proflow bypass valve venting all the air (you can hear the air screaming out the valve).

3) Have a few times when I go to pull out and give the car 3/4 throttle it starts to buck very badly and I can hear the bypass valve opening and closing in rapid succession.

I am just looking for some general advice as this is my first Super Charger so I am new to this world and want to know what feels right vs what does not. Also I was expecting a big jump in power and the 5-10 runs I have made post install it honestly does not feel like I was expecting 200 more HP to feel.

Thank you in advance!
So....some answers. Prior to my Procharger (my first go at superchargers) I had always been a nitrous guy...and nitrous hits hard! I kinda felt the same same way...at first...did I really gain that much. I felt gains but not like I thought I would. After a dyno run and doing some side by sides with cars that previously walked me I admittedly stand corrected. I picked up 200 rwhp and 120 rwtq on the dyno and now walked the cars that use to walk me...:)

When I was NA I changed to 305 Nitto DR's because the stock Pzeros couldn't hold then. With the DR's I could hold first gear if I heated tires up. Normal driving I could blow the tires off in 1st. Jump forward to Procharger.. on the street 1st and 2nd worthless and depending where i'm at in the power band third can be challenging as well. I just blew out my MT82 this past weekend and will probably be stepping down to 3.31's as well.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've been a Procharged car and it was notably faster everywhere, always.
Why aren't you using the Procharger tune for a base tune?

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been a Procharged car and it was notably faster everywhere, always.
Why aren't you using the Procharger tune for a base tune?
I picked up the kit from local member who was trading his car in and ProCharger refused to give me (or let me buy) a base tune from them. I have to say their customer service was really awful. Lady on the phone was so rude about it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
so is the car tuned then?

who is tuning the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes I am running a tune from DiabloMatt on the board and he is the one doing revisions after datalog.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
So we did the ProCharger install over the weekend on my 2015 GT (with Performance Package). Went way better than I expected and only took about 6 hours. Also had time to do the Cervini grilles.

You should feel it all over! I am on 305 NT555R's and 1/2 are pointless unless the tires are up to Texas heat! I am not even fully done with my tune yet either.

Yep, as it should. It should fee like stock when crusing around. At 3/4 it should close up though and you should start to feel boost around 3500 (at least a small amount). Get a boost gauge and you will see it happen.

IMRC issue, I am sure Matt can address. Vacuum to Boost transition with bucking WAS common but most have been resolved via the tune. Generally an IMRC Issue.

Have any data logs you can share?

Thank you in advance!

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
If you only have a base tune (sorry did not read every word in original post) you shouldn't be going into boost anyway unless your tuner tells you it's OK. It took Lund seven revisions before he was satisfied with mine. Is DiabloMatt continuing to tune the car?
What size pulley are you running? What injectors?

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you only have a base tune (sorry did not read every word in original post) you shouldn't be going into boost anyway unless your tuner tells you it's OK. It took Lund seven revisions before he was satisfied with mine. Is DiabloMatt continuing to tune the car?
What size pulley are you running? What injectors?

As Matt asked for several WoT pulls in 3rd gear I assume he wants me in boost.

I am on the stock 4" pully (so 7/8lbs)

Injectors are Ford Racing 52lb.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Have you re-gaped your spark plugs or put new ones in? Anything over 5K my cars power would cut out. Had factory plugs at factory gaps causing blowout.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you re-gaped your spark plugs or put new ones in? Anything over 5K my cars power would cut out. Had factory plugs at factory gaps causing blowout.
Yeah I did the NGK one step colder plugs (all gapped at .30 and new).

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
The tunes might still be conservative. The turner should be turning your tune up and you should see some more power once they do.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I picked up the kit from local member who was trading his car in and ProCharger refused to give me (or let me buy) a base tune from them. I have to say their customer service was really awful. Lady on the phone was so rude about it.
The "tune" is a one time deal include in the price of the original kit purchase.

We are not set up to be able to handle tunes for all the used systems out there.
Nor are we a "remote" tuning company. We are a blower manufacture.

When I owned a shop, I can say this is pretty normal practice for all forced induction companies. (actually some don't even give you a tune at all, ever)

PLEASE GET AHOLD OF ME: Because I can tell by your photo, that is one of the very very very early kits. And that inlet elbow is NOT the current unit that we ship. Please PM me your serial number, full name and address, and phone number. So that I can get a replacement sent out to you. Thanks!

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The "tune" is a one time deal include in the price of the original kit purchase.

We are not set up to be able to handle tunes for all the used systems out there.
Nor are we a "remote" tuning company. We are a blower manufacture.

When I owned a shop, I can say this is pretty normal practice for all forced induction companies. (actually some don't even give you a tune at all, ever)

PLEASE GET AHOLD OF ME: Because I can tell by your photo, that is one of the very very very early kits. And that inlet elbow is NOT the current unit that we ship. Please PM me your serial number, full name and address, and phone number. So that I can get a replacement sent out to you. Thanks!
Thank you very much! And please I mean no offense in my remarks, was just taken back a little on how the call was handled in trying to get a base tune.

I fully understand you guys do not have the time to handle tunes for all of the setups out there. I was just trying to get a base file that comes with you kit and even willing to pay what ever cost that would be for it.

Beerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GTPP
Thank you very much! And please I mean no offense in my remarks, was just taken back a little on how the call was handled in trying to get a base tune.

I fully understand you guys do not have the time to handle tunes for all of the setups out there. I was just trying to get a base file that comes with you kit and even willing to pay what ever cost that would be for it.
Diablo Matt has you covered, and you're probably going to get a better tune because he's having you datalog. No offense to ProChargerTECH because I'm sure his tuning is spot on for covering most of the cars out there, but having data logging and revisions should always yield a better, more custom tailored tune for your car.
Sponsored