Sponsored

ProCharger Installed (Pics) - Some Questions

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
A couple of things. 1. The surging is usually a tune issue. Make sure your tuner knows and he will get it ironed out for you.

2. The bypass valve stays open during vacuum. This means its never In boost unless you really put your foot down, then it seals closed.

3. Boost builds as rpms climb so the power is very smooth. It's not going to feel like a pd blower. For this reason they don't feel as fast. Especially when data logging and you are doing it from such a low rpm. When you mash on the throttle at say 3k you aren't going to be getting much boost. Your money range is up in the 6k+ rpm area. If you need more boost just pulley down. I have a 3.85" sitting around if you are in the market.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
A couple of things. 1. The surging is usually a tune issue. Make sure your tuner knows and he will get it ironed out for you.

2. The bypass valve stays open during vacuum. This means its never In boost unless you really put your foot down, then it seals closed.

3. Boost builds as rpms climb so the power is very smooth. It's not going to feel like a pd blower. For this reason they don't feel as fast. Especially when data logging and you are doing it from such a low rpm. When you mash on the throttle at say 3k you aren't going to be getting much boost. Your money range is up in the 6k+ rpm area.
Thank you for this!

I took the car out at lunch and have to admit its feeling better. I think a portion of my concerns is probably coming from Turbo setups (closed atmosphere systems). I am used to smooth linear power vs wide open throttle late RPM power.

Likely just need to iron out the tune and get used to mashing gas at higher revs to really get the power.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Watch your factory vaccum guage in the dash. As someone else said as long as it is reading vacuum the bypass will be open, therefore no boost making it into the engine. Once it hits zero you'll here the bypass close and the power start coming on. Really without an actual throttle percentage it should feel close to bone stock until positive boost kicks in. And as others said centrifugal blower power is very smooth, nothing near the kick like nitrous, but at the end of the day WOT is much more power than you can feel in a 4,000 brick.

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Watch your factory vaccum guage in the dash. As someone else said as long as it is reading vacuum the bypass will be open, therefore no boost making it into the engine. Once it hits zero you'll here the bypass close and the power start coming on. Really without an actual throttle percentage it should feel close to bone stock until positive boost kicks in. And as others said centrifugal blower power is very smooth, nothing near the kick like nitrous, but at the end of the day WOT is much more power than you can feel in a 4,000 brick.
I swapped in the Eco Boost/Vac gauge so when I go WOT I can see the positive pressure

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I swapped in the Eco Boost/Vac gauge so when I go WOT I can see the positive pressure
:headbang:

Keep in mind its been reported the factory EB guage is not the most accurate, so take it fwiw.

Sponsored

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Thank you for this!

I took the car out at lunch and have to admit its feeling better. I think a portion of my concerns is probably coming from Turbo setups (closed atmosphere systems). I am used to smooth linear power vs wide open throttle late RPM power.

Likely just need to iron out the tune and get used to mashing gas at higher revs to really get the power.
For this exact reason my buick regal feels faster off idle lol. Those turbo cars make great low end torque. But let's be honest, when racing when are you in the lower rev range?

Also make sure your advanced trac is off!

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For this exact reason my buick regal feels faster off idle lol. Those turbo cars make great low end torque. But let's be honest, when racing when are you in the lower rev range?

Also make sure your advanced trac is off!

Can I ask you to clarify on the advanced trac thing?

I have had 3 people ask me "Do you keep Advanced Trac on or off?", just seems like a weird question. Obviously I am probably way off here, but if I turn that off wont I just be spinning the car into crowds of people :lol::lol:

Is it really worth turning that off everytime I get into the car?

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
:headbang:

Keep in mind its been reported the factory EB guage is not the most accurate, so take it fwiw.
Yeah! I am trying to track down a really bad ass mechanical gauge I like (Stewart Warner Turbo Gauge), but I did the EB gauge just because I got a great deal and I thought it looked great in the car.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Can I ask you to clarify on the advanced trac thing?

I have had 3 people ask me "Do you keep Advanced Trac on or off?", just seems like a weird question. Obviously I am probably way off here, but if I turn that off wont I just be spinning the car into crowds of people :lol::lol:

Is it really worth turning that off everytime I get into the car?
Hold the traction control up for 5 or so seconds and you will get a notification that says advanced trac off. With just regular traction control off the car can still interfere and pull power. When just tooling around town of course it's not necessary lol. Avoid those crowds haha.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
On a side note on a non PP if you go into the gauges in the center of the cluster and select the vaccum guage will it show + boost numbers, or just stay at 0.0 vacuum?

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
On a side note on a non PP if you go into the gauges in the center of the cluster and select the vaccum guage will it show + boost numbers, or just stay at 0.0 vacuum?
Yes...it will show positive numbers on the digital display.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I was just trying to get a base file that comes with you kit and even willing to pay what ever cost that would be for it.
The reason we can't do that anymore, is because all it took was that "1 guy"

Back in the day, bought a used kit...begged and pleaded for a base tune.
He had some buggered up combo, ends up popping the motor.
Sued for damages.

So even though that guy never spent a single dollar with us.
We ended up being on the hook for the motor.

So what seems like a simple "hey I just need a base file", turns into a major liability for us. So upper management say "no more"

I hope you can understand.
Thankfully there are plenty of good tuners, and mail order tuners out there.

OP
OP

cpages2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The reason we can't do that anymore, is because all it took was that "1 guy"

Back in the day, bought a used kit...begged and pleaded for a base tune.
He had some buggered up combo, ends up popping the motor.
Sued for damages.

So even though that guy never spent a single dollar with us.
We ended up being on the hook for the motor.

So what seems like a simple "hey I just need a base file", turns into a major liability for us. So upper management say "no more"

I hope you can understand.
Thankfully there are plenty of good tuners, and mail order tuners out there.

Yeah I assumed it was something like that. I still appreciate you replying and I also PM'd you info in regards to the elbow.

Thank you!