Sponsored

ProCharger advice needed

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
P1X is very capable, i think SolarFlare is running mid 9's@147 with his. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
The P1X is capable of making over 900whp. The D1X will have a weaker midrange if turned down with a large pulley.

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I wish I would have gone bigger, you will almost never regret going bigger. But you may regret going smaller

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm gonna just go with the p1-x. I will not be wanting crazy numbers in the future. Just wanting to make this car a lil more badass than it already is. Thanks for all your opinions though.
P1X will make it alot more badass.

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
P1X is very capable, i think SolarFlare is running mid 9's@147 with his. Good luck with yours.
Thanks. I ran mid 9s at just shy of 145 with the P1sc, still had like 2 pulley sizes to go. But now have a P1x.

If I was OP, just to reiterate what has been said, Id go Stage 2 and a P1x. The D1sc is a capable unit but seems to run out of steam as its pullied down hard, gives you most of its power in the intermediate pullies. P1x will pick up steam fast as pullies drop which is evident by Procharger giving it a 950hp rating, up from its original number of around 875. Likely do to its newer more efficient design.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
ProCharger’s hp ratings are wonky, they state the “X” blowers will make 15 crank more than the “SC” at any given boost number but also claim they have a 100+hp Greater maximum output :idea:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Based on what im seeing on my car which is kinda limited since tracks are closed. The P1x, although on flowing 75cfm more than p1sc, its a far superior blower. I did a good bit of pulley swapping and the sc started to have diminishing returns past 4.25 on stage 2. Powerband gets more broad, less peaky. where as the x is like, I can keep going.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@SolarFlare , think the P1X is still the best street blower for a Voodoo? Can't seem to get a consensus on this, not sure if all the HP talk and boost is the same between the different engines (Coyote vs Voodoo). I'm especially wondering with the higher redline and powerband of the Voodoo.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
@lightrules I think given the 4 common ones, it is. Granted if your goals are to eventually build the motor just do the D1x. But if you want the best blower between 650 and say 875 on stock motor Id say P1x. Its small enough to where it can be pullied for midrange without exceeding boost limits up top, or requiring too much power to drive. Its also efficient enough to keep up with the Voodoo's high RPMs and not end up peaking at say 7400-7600.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if you want 900 wheel you really want a d1x, a p1 can make it but really pushing it.

for a pump gas guy, the p1 is more than capable

let me know if you have any questions

beef

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looking into getting either a Stage 1 or 2 ProCharger system for my 18 GT. Current mods are Corsa Long Tubes, Corsa Extreme Cat back, JLT CAI, and PBD tune.

Which system would you go for? I do have the stock air box in the garage if I need to go that route. I plan on just using the stock tune that will come with the complete kit for at least a little while. Will go dyno and updated tune eventually.

Any advice or opinions are appreciated. I have done research.

Thanks in advance.

Pic of my car for Attention.
Snapshot_3.png
Are you installing it yourself? Look for a speed shop in your area and maybe they’re a procharger dealer as well. I got a good deal from them.

My HO kit is doing just fine with Texas heat and satisfied with my current power if you’re staying around 600 or 700 rwhp range.

Go stage 2 and don’t forget your rear tires.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Have a stage 2 P1X on my 16GT, ID1050X injectors, race red valve, gt350 manifold that came on the car along with the lund N-gauge. The louder gears sound awesome and was something I really wanted.

Also when tuning, lund could not get the car to be consistent with the Procharger MAF placement in the intercooler.

I relocated mine inside the straight section of tube just before the throttle body and it was smooth after that.

Unaware, on MAF placement on 18 kits but just something to be aware of.

Would do it again.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Have a stage 2 P1X on my 16GT, ID1050X injectors, race red valve, gt350 manifold that came on the car along with the lund N-gauge. The louder gears sound awesome and was something I really wanted.

Also when tuning, lund could not get the car to be consistent with the Procharger MAF placement in the intercooler.

I relocated mine inside the straight section of tube just before the throttle body and it was smooth after that.

Unaware, on MAF placement on 18 kits but just something to be aware of.

Would do it again.
All newer kits come with MAF in the TB pipe. I've had both. No issues with either location, tuned by PBD.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Stage 2 D1X from Beefcake.

Helical gears only if your non-binary.

Who doesn’t want to hear a blower whine?
Helical gears are stronger than straight cut gears
Sponsored