Sponsored

ProCharger advice needed

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Helical gears are stronger than straight cut gears
Then why are the F series blowers only available in straight cut gears?
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Helical may be stronger but in this application the straight cut are more than strong enough, are more efficient and produce no side loading. They are the better choice from a performance standpoint but some people want a quieter blower.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know how difficult it is to custom paint the basic satin blower finish to another color of choice? i know PC offers black and polished, but wondering if certain local shops could hand paint the head and bracket units? i assume the blower itself couldnt be powder coated unless taken apart to some degree?

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would look into places that do ceramic coatings for exhausts. The place that did m ceramic coating on my kooks headers will paint pretty much anything. Was thinking about seeing how much it would cost to get my procharger painted black since i ordered it in satin way back in the day and black wasnt an option.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
anyone know how difficult it is to custom paint the basic satin blower finish to another color of choice? i know PC offers black and polished, but wondering if certain local shops could hand paint the head and bracket units? i assume the blower itself couldnt be powder coated unless taken apart to some degree?
Of course the volute and bracket can be painted. The transmission section can be painted by removing pulley, but quality will be marginal if not disassembled. Two toned isn't bad...
IMG_20200608_181055.jpg

Sponsored

TorresDoe8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
The P1X is capable of making over 900whp. The D1X will have a weaker midrange if turned down with a large pulley.
Regarding the D1x- at what pulley size would the midrange be stronger? What numbers are the D1x guys seeing?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Regarding the D1x- at what pulley size would the midrange be stronger? What numbers are the D1x guys seeing?
Per any given RPM, the more boost you make the more power you make, therefore the smaller the pulley the more the midrange. Only limitations would be belt slip and hitting some IAT threshold on back to back pulls. Otherwise smaller the “better”

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
4.5” pulley 13 psi at 8k rpm. 820 whp
Sponsored