MadMikeKs

MadMikeKs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, Avalanche Grey
Yeah, I will skip the 50 state one, I wasn't sure what that meant. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. :crazy::beer:
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Stage 2 D1X from Beefcake.

Helical gears only if your non-binary.

Who doesn’t want to hear a blower whine?

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
D1x? He wants 650whp...
It will make 650....and he will want more down the road. Been there done that.

There are no down sides to the D1x and the cost to upgrade at time of purchase vs later is minimal.

It's like exhaust...just do the long tubes the 1st go around.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
It will make 650....and he will want more down the road. Been there done that.

There are no down sides to the D1x and the cost to upgrade at time of purchase vs later is minimal.

It's like exhaust...just do the long tubes the 1st go around.
I don't really agree with that, but that's fine.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
The d1x for 650whp. But the OP can make the decision that best fits his need/wants.
I guess i'm looking at it through my own experiences. I would have said 650whp was enough when I bought mine back in 2013. But the cost for D1 upgrade was maybe $200 so it just seemed like a no brainer for the extra head room just in case. Ive been down that same road with my fuel system... bought what I though was enough and then it wasn't a year later. Did the same with headers. So for me, get the biggest head unit you can...just in case.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I guess i'm looking at it through my own experiences. I would have said 650whp was enough when I bought mine back in 2013. But the cost for D1 upgrade was maybe $200 so it just seemed like a no brainer for the extra head room just in case. Ive been down that same road with my fuel system... bought what I though was enough and then it wasn't a year later. Did the same with headers. So for me, get the biggest head unit you can...just in case.
What's the car run?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Went 9.6’s&143 on 11psi. On 13psi now so I expect a .40 maybe .30. Gen1 motor.
That's my point. You can run that with a p1sc, so having the larger blower is of no benefit other than prepping for the future. But let's face it, not many run a built engine. Which is what's needed to run a D1x at full tilt. If it isn't at full tilt why have it? So if 1100whp isn't in the cards, why have a 1100whp blower? At 650whp, the smaller blower will outperform a d1x.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
That's my point. You can run that with a p1sc, so having the larger blower is of no benefit other than prepping for the future. But let's face it, not many run a built engine. Which is what's needed to run a D1x at full tilt. If it isn't at full tilt why have it? So if 1100whp isn't in the cards, why have a 1100whp blower? At 650whp, the smaller blower will outperform a d1x.
And that was exactly my point. It's a very small upcharge to be "prepped for the future". As far as the P1's outperforming it at 650hp...I'm skeptical. 650 is 650 and the 2 blowers spec out so closely in terms of size and specs that parasitic losses would be negligible.

I'd also be interested in Prochargertech explaining how the P1X with only 1275cfm of max flow will make more power than the D1SC with a max cfm of 1400. That discrepancy happens nowhere else in the Procharger lineup.

I imagine your P1SC must be pretty close to tapped out. Are you running an overdriven crank pulley?

Last edited:

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just go with the p1-x you'll like like it. I'm out of this one. Lol

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Just go with the p1-x you'll like like it. I'm out of this one. Lol
Absolutely nothing wrong with that choice. Me personally, I'd just drop the extra $225 and get the most blower I could.

There is no wrong answer here.... unless he decides at some point he wants to make 1000whp.

I'm really gonna stir some shit up now but I'd honestly suggest the OP go PD blower. Hindsight and all.

OP
OP
MadMikeKs

MadMikeKs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, Avalanche Grey
I'm gonna just go with the p1-x. I will not be wanting crazy numbers in the future. Just wanting to make this car a lil more badass than it already is. Thanks for all your opinions though.
Sponsored