Procharged 2014 questions

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
Couple question regarding a procharged car and some sensors.

first a little about the car. its a 2014 mustang with a f1 procharger kit, snow performance water methanol system, Boss 302 intake, and a forged motor. I bought the car this way and don't know the previous owner and the shop that built/tuned it went out of business.

My questions/concerns are while logging the car with HPtuners I can see the car is reading IAT and Manifold pressure/boost but I cant find these sensors.

The first question is where is the car seeing intake air temp? because I don't see any external sensor for it to read from. and the temps don't come down when the meth system comes on like all my other cars in the past have. I have two nozzles one pre blower and one post intercooler.

Second question where is the MAP sensor located because I don't see one in the manifold. And while logging the car the map sensor readings don't match what my autometer boost gauge is reading. The sensor is reading way higher than the gauge. The boost gauge is plumbed into the manifold FYI.

these might seem like stupid/basic question but i'm coming from the LS world and these cars are way different.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
All those sensors are in the maf

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
All those sensors are in the maf
The car doesn't have the stock maf. I believe it has the one that goes into the intercooler from procharger.

And I don't think it has the iat built in cause if it did it should show a drop when the meth system turns on.

Slow306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
It's in the intercooler. You don't see the iat's drop because you shouldn't be spraying a lot of meth before the MAF sensor anyway.

Relocate the IAT sensor from the maf to upstream from the meth nozzles. Then spray all the meth you want. I run dual 16gph nozzles.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I can see the car is reading IAT and Manifold pressure/boost but I cant find these sensors.
There is no MAP. IAT is measured at the MAF. Vacuum/Boost is read from a sensor from the brake booster.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
There is no MAP. IAT is measured at the MAF. Vacuum/Boost is read from a sensor from the brake booster.
Any idea how accurate that sensor is for measuring boost? Or how hight it's capable of reading?

I ask because my mechanical boost gauge is reading 12psi and the datalog shows 16.9psi.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea how accurate that sensor is for measuring boost? Or how hight it's capable of reading?

I ask because my mechanical boost gauge is reading 12psi and the datalog shows 16.9psi.
No idea how accurate it is.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Boost/vacuum is inferred and accuracy depends on how good the tune is. iat is in the maf. The maf in the intercooler is stock. Get a breakout harness

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Boost/vacuum is inferred and accuracy depends on how good the tune is. iat is in the maf. The maf in the intercooler is stock. Get a breakout harness
Okay so from what I read the harness will be pinned in the ecu into the IAT 2 location. Will I be able to view the IAT2 on the dash like I can with IAT 1?

Or is that something I can view only with a scanner?

I'm guessing my tune is not very good considering how far off the boost is reading.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I have water/meth as well with a breakout harness. I am using the same IAT pid as did prior on torque and have a readout on the dash as well with nothing done to change the readout. I did notice it was different in hptuners than before.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I have water/meth as well with a breakout harness. I am using the same IAT pid as did prior on torque and have a readout on the dash as well with nothing done to change the readout. I did notice it was different in hptuners than before.
How are you getting the IAT2 readout on the dash ?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
How are you getting the IAT2 readout on the dash ?
No idea, I put the breakout harness in and I still see IAT. Maybe it is still IAT1. From what I remember it is hotter than it was before (so I assume it is what the breakout is reading). Also on hptuners the iat I used to read our is a constant now and it is different parameter for IAT. Next time I log ill verify they correspond.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
No idea, I put the breakout harness in and I still see IAT. Maybe it is still IAT1. From what I remember it is hotter than it was before (so I assume it is what the breakout is reading). Also on hptuners the iat I used to read our is a constant now and it is different parameter for IAT. Next time I log ill verify they correspond.
Nevermind.. Had a mojor brainfart haha. It reads IAT just not from the MAF anymore.
Sponsored