OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
Not sure I have read all the posts but I would check my coolant. Swap to a 70/30 mix of water/coolant. And swap thermostat to a 170.
I have already changed both coolant and thermostats.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
I never had the lower tray on my 13 with a p1sc.
Why don’t you actually measure coolant temps with a pyrometer? Don’t always trust the scan tool or what ever you are using to read cht.
Good luck with it, maybe its time to let someone else look at it. Or when i get stuck come back and start from square one.
I have a mechanical coolant temp gauge on the way to verify temps. As far as taking it to someone els that is not something I want to do. As I have had some bad luck with shops in the past.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I have a mechanical coolant temp gauge on the way to verify temps. As far as taking it to someone els that is not something I want to do. As I have had some bad luck with shops in the past.
Well I hope you figure it out, let us know what you find.

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
From the picture of the fan, Is the shroud completely flat against the radiator and the only place for air to come through is at the fan? If so it may be worth pulling the shroud off. That way when cruising it will be using the whole radiator.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
From the picture of the fan, Is the shroud completely flat against the radiator and the only place for air to come through is at the fan? If so it may be worth pulling the shroud off. That way when cruising it will be using the whole radiator.
Yea the shroud is pretty much against the radiator. I actually had that same thought but multiple people have told me that without the shroud the fan won't be nearly as effective.

Sponsored

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yea the shroud is pretty much against the radiator. I actually had that same thought but multiple people have told me that without the shroud the fan won't be nearly as effective.
all factory shrouds angle out from the side so there is always air flowing through the whole radiator. the idea of it is to force the fan to pull air through the radiator and not pull the air in from the sides of the fan. If the shroud is tight against the radiator it's stopping a lot of airflow.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
all factory shrouds angle out from the side so there is always air flowing through the whole radiator. the idea of it is to force the fan to pull air through the radiator and not pull the air in from the sides of the fan. If the shroud is tight against the radiator it's stopping a lot of airflow.
I mean it's not sealed to the radiator. But it is very close. There is a small gap all the way around though.

I might try it without the shroud if the air dam doesn't help. And I'm looking into a bigger/better fan as well

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Could this be a trapped air pocket in the cooling system? Did you use a vacuum system to refill the coolant?

Just throwing things out there.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What! You need the shroud as tight against the radiator as possible or it will not pull air through the radiator. So at low speeds the car will Get hot or overheat. the whole for the fan is large enough for double the air flow that is needed. A lot of fan shrouds come with a rubber seal against the radiator so there’s zero air leakage

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Could this be a trapped air pocket in the cooling system? Did you use a vacuum system to refill the coolant?

Just throwing things out there.
It’s always possible. but I hope that he would have burped it. If not it probably would have burped itself my now

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What pulley do you have on the water pump. If you don’t already have one I Would look at the overdrive pulleys like from MMR. It’s going to give you a lot more flow at idle and low speeds

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
It’s always possible. but I hope that he would have burped it. If not it probably would have burped itself my now
Yea i have burped this system more times than i can count at this point. I also just did a pressure test on the coolant system and all seems fine there.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
What pulley do you have on the water pump. If you don’t already have one I Would look at the overdrive pulleys like from MMR. It’s going to give you a lot more flow at idle and low speeds

I have whatever pulley came with the upgraded water pump. I will take a look at an overdrive pulley. Thanks for the suggestion

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I mean it's not sealed to the radiator. But it is very close. There is a small gap all the way around though.

I might try it without the shroud if the air dam doesn't help. And I'm looking into a bigger/better fan as well
If you run without a shroud you’re probably going to overheat at idle. You really don’t want to run without it.
A better fan is a good idea. I like this kind of fan (see pic) they really work. It will fly away if you just plug it in and don’t hold it down any.
when you are looking for radiator fans don’t look at cfm because they all will lie about cfm . You need to look at the motor wattage. This is how you will now if it’s worth a sh!t. You don’t want a 80watt fan you want at least 220watt. More watts= more cooling

C2D11D86-8E12-4D65-BD8A-3CF1D65CC219.png

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have put two of these on a s550 with no shroud and they move more than enough air that you do not need a shroud. They are very powerful

CFF600F3-1AA8-4A06-9CBB-6D0777598209.png
Sponsored

Last edited: