Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You have the heater in the car right you’re not bypassing it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
2014 procharged mustang gt
Pull the thermostat out and drive it. Let me know.
what about if you drive at night when it is a little cooler. Does it help?
I will pull the thermostat tomorrow and check things again. that was my next thought also. But I wouldn't think its a bad thermostat considering its been threw a stock,160 and now 170 degree and nothing changed.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
When it is hot have you checked the lower radiator hose to see if it is hot or cold.
You ether have fans Turing the wrong way or thermostat is not open or your intercooler is plugged or air in the system. Do you keep topping it off and seriously take out the thermostat. If taking out the thermostat doesn’t stop it from overheating take pictures of everything. Even if you think it something doesn’t matter take pictures and post them. If removing the thermostat fixes it then we have a answer.
Tell me there’s no chance that your thermostats in backwards or in the wrong spot
Yes I checked the lower hose and it gets hot. The fans are definitely turning the correct way its pulling air threw the radiator. And i pulled the intercooler off and checked it and it's not clogged or plugged in any way.

Also i just did the block test and there are no combustion gasses getting into the coolant so i'm guessing the block and/or heads are not to blame.

How would I check for a clog in the cooling system in the block?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yes I checked the lower hose and it gets hot. The fans are definitely turning the correct way its pulling air threw the radiator. And i pulled the intercooler off and checked it and it's not clogged or plugged in any way.

Also i just did the block test and there are no combustion gasses getting into the coolant so i'm guessing the block and/or heads are not to blame.

When you’re driving around testing this do you bring the RPMs up over 3000 or are you babying it and how fast r u driving because if You baby it and drive slow that will not cause cht to climb high. Have you confirmed that the fans are turning on you can test it by turning on the ac even if it don’t work soon as you turn on the switch the fan should turn on

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Also on my car if I have 240° Cht it’s only 220° water temperature. And if I’m lugging it she can get up there around 240 But if I kick down a gear bring RPMs up to 3500 temperature go right back down

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red

I would consider a vacuum pump to evacuate and purge the system and then refill with coolant.

I feel your pain OP. It sounds like you know your way around the car. Must be maddening at this point.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
When you’re driving around testing this do you bring the RPMs up over 3000 or are you babying it and how fast r u driving because if You baby it and drive slow that will not cause cht to climb high. Have you confirmed that the fans are turning on you can test it by turning on the ac even if it don’t work soon as you turn on the switch the fan should turn on

I have tried to Drive it both ways. But it seems the more rpm the more heat and the faster it builds. i usually shift the car around 3k rpm but tried 4k also and I tried cruising at 60mph in both 4th and 5th gear. It didn't make a difference.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
I would consider a vacuum pump to evacuate and purge the system and then refill with coolant.

I feel your pain OP. It sounds like you know your way around the car. Must be maddening at this point.
I actually have filled the car with a vacuum pump. But i'm using distilled water right now.
Do you think coolant would be better?

And yes maddening would be a good word to describe my current feelings.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
IMO at this point most likely explanation is a blockage since it keeps getting hotter no matter what you try to do. I doubt it's air related, these engines are pretty easy to bleed overall.

OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
IMO at this point most likely explanation is a blockage since it keeps getting hotter no matter what you try to do. I doubt it's air related, these engines are pretty easy to bleed overall.

I'm in agreement with you at this point I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas on what and where to check for a blockage in the cooling system?

Already has a new radiator,water pump and thermostat.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm in agreement with you at this point I don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas on what and where to check for a blockage in the cooling system?

Already has a new radiator,water pump and thermostat.
Somewhere on the main circuit up front is my guess. Maybe the lower hose plastic t where the oil cooler loop attaches to. It necks down pretty tight there.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Procharged 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILLIAM
Vehicle(s)
Pull the thermostat out and drive it. Let me know.
what about if you drive at night when it is a little cooler. Does it help?

Okay so i pulled the thermostat out today. (i had to cut apart the oem one so i could get the oring to seat/seal).

Started the car but didn't take it for a a drive but I did hold it at 2500rpm and the coolant still got to over 220 degrees. And it didn't take long maybe 2-3 minutes of holding that rpm after it warmed up

I am confused

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Try cutting the upper radiator hose (get a spare) and install a clear piece of pipe to see the flow.
Sponsored