Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Installed the fronts back in December last year and have probably added 800 or so with them. No street noticeable difference from the stock fronts. Used the same break-in procedure for both and again, couldn't tell any difference whatsoever.

Dust-wise, I'd guess it's about 25 percent of the factory pad dust. Worth the expense which, IIR, wasn't that much. Still don't get why the rears are taking so long. Granted, not near as dusty but still...dusty and cutting that by 75 percent would be wonderful.
Even that wouldn’t be too bad since you can actually clean the rear wheels while they’re still on the car 🤣
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Brian: Yes, it is most assuredly better with just the fronts then all factory pads. Fact is, I use the same wheel detailing methods during a wash, no matter how dirty the vehicle is so for me, it isn't the cleaning that sucks. It's the very short time you have with clean wheels on factory pads.

At least now, with just the fronts, I can drive the car a few times with reasonably clean fronts before it's wash time again.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
For those of you who did replace the pads did you do it yourself or take it somewhere? I've done it on a Hellcat before, was pretty easy, just 2 pins, but these look more involved. Since I don't have a lift in my garage I find myself wondering if it's something I want to even try.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you who did replace the pads did you do it yourself or take it somewhere? I've done it on a Hellcat before, was pretty easy, just 2 pins, but these look more involved. Since I don't have a lift in my garage I find myself wondering if it's something I want to even try.
I did mine, super easy. If you have ever done front pads before on any car, I would say it’s a little bit easier as far as work performed. With girth comes weight, which does play a little factor.

Think about getting a set of Caliperfexion caliper studs, and the extensions. Brake pad slaps will forever be a breeze after that!

Edit: I was getting the link for the studs for you, but KB posted it below :thumbsup:

CAAAAFE6-FD61-4AC5-9861-3D7690FEC77F.jpeg

7CC80204-04DF-4F3D-A5FC-4303A8CB9B7E.jpeg

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Craig: It's not much different than any other front brake and similar to my '14. You can certainly do it with a floor jack and stands but those calipers are huge when you get right up to them. Hanging is doable but, the CaliperFexion stud/sleeve mod makes things a whole lot easier.

Jaime just enjoyed them again, too. :-) One of those things you wish you'd thought of for sure. Highly-recommended.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
How did you support your calipers when installing the Caliperfexion studs? I have the set and extensions ready for install and I’m looking at possibly ordering a cheap set of S-hooks to hang them from my springs while I install the studs.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How did you support your calipers when installing the Caliperfexion studs? I have the set and extensions ready for install and I’m looking at possibly ordering a cheap set of S-hooks to hang them from my springs while I install the studs.
I hung them with S hooks. You could improvise and use wire or coat hanger if you don’t pick up some S hooks.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would guess that even the Z17’s would be more than adequate on the street given the brake setup on these cars.
Z17 pads appear to be mainly pitched to the budget buyer for his daily driver. I'd expect they'd be a step backward from Ford's OE Mustang pads in actual use, something you'd put on a car you were about to trade or sell that needed brakes done first.

Norm

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Z17 pads appear to be mainly pitched to the budget buyer for his daily driver. I'd expect they'd be a step backward from Ford's OE Mustang pads in actual use, something you'd put on a car you were about to trade or sell that needed brakes done first.

Norm
Possible, but man that is a huge front brake setup with a massive caliper. For street duty it is difficult to imagine them not being more than adequate. I could be totally wrong, just a guess.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Awesome thanks . For street driving there should be no performance loss.
You were absolutely right.... no noticeable difference at all except a lot less dust. Carbotech 1521's fronts and rears.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today I parked my car inside the convention in preperation for the car show tomorrow. I was drying the car because it had been raining all day. I am blown away with how little to no dust I am seeing on the front wheels. The rear pads are still stock as we wait for PowerStop to release their rear pads, and I think it’s truly amazing that my rear brake pads are my problem pads. night and day difference, and I can not feel any change in braking power. I can not wait for the rears.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
It is frustrating because I don’t really see the point in spending significantly more for the carbon tech pads. However, if you want pads now that match front and rear that’s the Way to go it would seem.
Sponsored