Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hi All,

Couldn’t find anywhere this has been discussed before.

Recently won some parts at an auction, including BMR TCA045 spherical vertical links.

Currently running TCA048, poly vert links, and a several other BMR suspension/Steeda parts(CB005, CB762, BK081, drag springs, centering dowels, diff bushings, etc).

Car is daily driven fairly aggressively. Stockish power level. I don’t really mind noise or harshness. Drag strip occasionally.

Is there any downside to switching to the sphericals, given current situation and setup?
Sponsored

AZHowln50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 10 Speed Auto
If you decide to sell lmk, I’m in AZ as well and this is on my list of parts to get. And sorry I don’t have any feedback on your question.

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you decide to sell lmk, I’m in AZ as well and this is on my list of parts to get. And sorry I don’t have any feedback on your question.
Will do!

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
You can run any of the links. Stock. Poly. Delrin. Bearing. Just flip a coin.

They don't help all that much. One of those mods thats a "may as well because Im in there". People who swap from various styles to test are typically only noticing placebo effects.

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can run any of the links. Stock. Poly. Delrin. Bearing. Just flip a coin.

They don't help all that much. One of those mods thats a "may as well because Im in there". People who swap from various styles to test are typically only noticing placebo effects.
Thanks Kelly, appreciate the input!

Slightly off topic- I know it’s not your baby anymore, but FYSA. I managed to put a slight bend in a TCA048… maybe 2°. Just happened to notice it. Stock power level, almost full BMR suspension. Links were the last piece, but I had a really bad wheel bearing causing some nasty wheel hop. Dion suggested the hop from the bad bearing may have taken a toll on it

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Honestly;

Id say its more likely they were built a little off.

Good thing is that it's not really a big deal as the poly enables it to be acceptable.

Have pics?

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Honestly;

Good thing is that it's not really a big deal as the poly enables it to be acceptable.

Have pics?
No, unfortunately… cleaned it off for a pic, and Somehow didn’t get a pic. I’ll pull it this weekend and get one.

It bent on the bottom side at the weld point. Only 1-2°… but you mentioned bending one in one of your videos, so I was inspecting specifically looking for a bend.

OP
OP
Wamp

Wamp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Honestly;

Have pics?
I got a little ambitious. Here’s a pic.
Red line is parallel with top mount. Blue line is parallel with bottom mount. Measures right at 1°. Slight, but still measurable

5C22613E-F58E-4336-8E96-B539C2354C46.jpeg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Car is daily driven fairly aggressively. Stockish power level. I don’t really mind noise or harshness. Drag strip occasionally.

Is there any downside to switching to the sphericals, given current situation and setup?
Downside - likely a bit more NVH, and possibly hitting the tires a bit too hard under some conditions (and tire choices).

Upside - sphericals will allow the sort of angular rotation that would try to bend the link exactly as you pictured it. While polyurethane will tolerate small amounts of this off-axis rotation, it only does so while generating forces much larger than when softer materials (OE) are used. This is polyurethane's curse/unwanted side effect.

Wheel hop not only exaggerates the magnitude of such forces (it's an impact factor thing), it also runs up the number of severe alternating stress cycles much faster than you'd ever see in anything even remotely resembling normal driving (a cumulative fatigue effect, which can and does have a limit).

Norm
Sponsored