Pedders eXtreme XA Coilover Plus Kit

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes & Chassis' started by Steven9194, Oct 25, 2019.

1. strengthrehab

strengthrehab Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB Base GT with PP
    0   0   0
    Did you adjust the knobs? If so...to where. If not, I'd back off the damping a bit maybe. Could be "jacking down" due to excessive rebound stiffness.

If all else is good, check there. My rear is significantly stiffer springs than you probably do and I'm softening up my rebound.

These are shipped saying 8 from full stiff is stock feel. Wrong.

Back off the damping to maybe 15 from stiff and see how it is

2. nrm101

nrm101 Active Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Went thru and adjusted all four corners to soft it helped alittle but didnt go away. My question is the shock its self has a height adjustment also is it possible that is off? I couldn't find any good explanation of how that should be set against the height of the rear spring.

3. strengthrehab

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB Base GT with PP
    0   0   0
    I have never adjusted my rear shock length and it sits fine . When you jack up the rear, you should have an additional 2" or so of droop when measuring from bottom edge of wheel to fender arch. So if on the ground you are at 25" or so, when you jack it up, it should be about 27" without weight on that wheel.

Where are your ride heights measured from bottom of wheel lip, through center if wheel to fender arch?

4. nrm101

nrm101 Active Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    so right now i'm at 27 1/2 sitting, and 29 1/2 with weight taken off the rear, so sounds like im in line with your suggestions.

This is my first car with coil overs, so it could just be me getting used to it, on the roads here in Mass.

Pic attached 20200513_114451_resized.jpg 20200513_114633_resized.jpg 20200513_114451_resized.jpg 20200513_114633_resized.jpg

5. strengthrehab

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB Base GT with PP
    0   0   0
    sounds about right. Where are you measuring from ? floor? or bottom wheel lip?

6. nrm101

nrm101 Active Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    from the floor

7. strengthrehab

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 DIB Base GT with PP
    0   0   0
    if you are still getting a clunking, check all bolts again. Did you clock your bushings (tighten them under load?). Did you drop the rear cradle for rear springs? are the rear shock mount bolts tight? rear sway bar end links?

8. nrm101

nrm101 Active Member

First Name:
    Nathan
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    So i'm confident on the rear shock mounts and sway bar end links are all torque to spec, i did drop the IRS to get the factory springs out so i'm thinking maybe the your on to something with the bushings or and subframe that i didn't get back inline or torque correctly, I do have a Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subfr. Alignmnt kit coming hopefully this week so i will have to drop it again and make sure i putting back in spec afterwards. And thanks for all the help! I'll let you know how it goes.