Pedders eXtreme XA Coilover Plus Kit

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Has anyone experience a Thud from the rear, under crappy road conditions? it seems to be only bad depressions like a sunk mainhole cover? I'v rechecked all bolts, and didn't do any height adjustments to the setup out of the box. 19' GT, also i have checked the factory bottom spring perch on both sides are sitting correct. Looking for some thoughts do i adjust the shock height?
Did you adjust the knobs? If so...to where. If not, I'd back off the damping a bit maybe. Could be "jacking down" due to excessive rebound stiffness.

If all else is good, check there. My rear is significantly stiffer springs than you probably do and I'm softening up my rebound.

These are shipped saying 8 from full stiff is stock feel. Wrong.

Back off the damping to maybe 15 from stiff and see how it is
Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did you adjust the knobs? If so...to where. If not, I'd back off the damping a bit maybe. Could be "jacking down" due to excessive rebound stiffness.

If all else is good, check there. My rear is significantly stiffer springs than you probably do and I'm softening up my rebound.

These are shipped saying 8 from full stiff is stock feel. Wrong.

Back off the damping to maybe 15 from stiff and see how it is
Went thru and adjusted all four corners to soft it helped alittle but didnt go away. My question is the shock its self has a height adjustment also is it possible that is off? I couldn't find any good explanation of how that should be set against the height of the rear spring.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I have never adjusted my rear shock length and it sits fine . When you jack up the rear, you should have an additional 2" or so of droop when measuring from bottom edge of wheel to fender arch. So if on the ground you are at 25" or so, when you jack it up, it should be about 27" without weight on that wheel.

Where are your ride heights measured from bottom of wheel lip, through center if wheel to fender arch?

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have never adjusted my rear shock length and it sits fine . When you jack up the rear, you should have an additional 2" or so of droop when measuring from bottom edge of wheel to fender arch. So if on the ground you are at 25" or so, when you jack it up, it should be about 27" without weight on that wheel.

Where are your ride heights measured from bottom of wheel lip, through center if wheel to fender arch?
so right now i'm at 27 1/2 sitting, and 29 1/2 with weight taken off the rear, so sounds like im in line with your suggestions.

This is my first car with coil overs, so it could just be me getting used to it, on the roads here in Mass.

Pic attached
20200513_114451_resized.jpg
20200513_114633_resized.jpg
20200513_114451_resized.jpg
20200513_114633_resized.jpg

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
sounds about right. Where are you measuring from ? floor? or bottom wheel lip?

Sponsored

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
if you are still getting a clunking, check all bolts again. Did you clock your bushings (tighten them under load?). Did you drop the rear cradle for rear springs? are the rear shock mount bolts tight? rear sway bar end links?

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
if you are still getting a clunking, check all bolts again. Did you clock your bushings (tighten them under load?). Did you drop the rear cradle for rear springs? are the rear shock mount bolts tight? rear sway bar end links?
So i'm confident on the rear shock mounts and sway bar end links are all torque to spec, i did drop the IRS to get the factory springs out so i'm thinking maybe the your on to something with the bushings or and subframe that i didn't get back inline or torque correctly, I do have a Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subfr. Alignmnt kit coming hopefully this week so i will have to drop it again and make sure i putting back in spec afterwards. And thanks for all the help! I'll let you know how it goes.

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
So I’m looking at these same coilovers for my 19 Base GT and would appreciate the input as I’ve never purchased any before. I’m on SR performance springs and love my ride height but my ride is really rough, particularly because of the terrible Baltimore, MD area streets. I don’t track my car, it’s a DD and just want to be able to ride comfortably without going airborne out of my seat on the highway because of a bad overpass.
313BBEAF-D7D3-40F9-98AD-BDC2B0866AA8.jpeg

nrm101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m looking at these same coilovers for my 19 Base GT and would appreciate the input as I’ve never purchased any before. I’m on SR performance springs and love my ride height but my ride is really rough, particularly because of the terrible Baltimore, MD area streets. I don’t track my car, it’s a DD and just want to be able to ride comfortably without going airborne out of my seat on the highway because of a bad overpass.
313BBEAF-D7D3-40F9-98AD-BDC2B0866AA8.jpeg
After numerous tweaking of the soft / hardness I got it to a good spot, they are stiff, and the handling is great, but you do give up some comfort on crappy pavement

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just out of curiosity, how much lower is this coilover kit out of the box? I know it's adjustable, but if you just unpackaged and installed how much lower would it be?
If you are too lazy to adjust them, I would reconsider whether you really want coilovers.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
If you are too lazy to adjust them, I would reconsider whether you really want coilovers.
Agreed.

And to further answer this question...No, you have to adjust them as they are adjusted down to fit in the box resulting on the rears being setup too short and very close to the bumpstops.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
So i'm confident on the rear shock mounts and sway bar end links are all torque to spec, i did drop the IRS to get the factory springs out so i'm thinking maybe the your on to something with the bushings or and subframe that i didn't get back inline or torque correctly, I do have a Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subfr. Alignmnt kit coming hopefully this week so i will have to drop it again and make sure i putting back in spec afterwards. And thanks for all the help! I'll let you know how it goes.
Any luck with the clunk fix?

I got these installed and told the shop to set to OEM height or as close as safely possible. They didnt adjust the coilovers and they were too low for my tire setup, so they re-did it but charged me another 300 ontop of the 1200 original install cost (along with stop the hop ultimate package) to fix that problem. But now I have a clunk at the back right corner when going over speed bumps, I am wondering if maybe they stripped the rear shock top threading by torqueing over the very low recommended spec of 14 foot lbs. Going to have to take it back again to that shop, and they better not even think of charging me more labor to get this sorted out I am already kind of pissed that they didnt do it right the first time and charged me to re-do it, and now the 2nd time its still not right..
Sponsored