Pedders eXtreme XA Coilover Plus Kit

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
So I’ve never personally had any experience with Pedders suspension, but was looking for people with first hand experience with them. I’m looking at the kit that comes with the camber plates. It’ll be going on a 2019 Mustang GT, non-performance pack. Pros
vs cons of this kit. The shop I use actually recommends them. They don’t seem cheap, but definitely not high price range either. Only concern is I’ve found you get what you pay for, and don’t want to regret them.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In order to adjust the camber you will need to either remove the assembly from the car or cut a larger center hole in your tower.
I keep seeing this thrown around and it’s quite simply not true.
The camber tops have 8 holes per side for the adjusting bolts (as shown below)
They come supplied with the bolts fitted at the outer position.
Shift the bolts to the centre position.
Want more negative camber?
Remove the two inner bolts entirely.
Slide camber top inward, place the bolts in the holes that are now easily accessed.

@Steven9194 just bear in mind that the Pedders setup is a rebranded BC Racing setup.
I’d assume the valving and spring rates may be different though.
I know plenty of people running the BC racing gear with zero issues so far.
Just remember to double check the tension on all the bolts and particularly the lock rings, prior to fitting.
AC96DF88-EE78-4BC1-A948-E5C30017A343.jpeg

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sub’d. I’m considering them myself but have read (multiple times actually) that the spring rates aren’t the best. On the other side of that, I’ve read that they’re the best coilover you can buy in that price range. Which I know is the lower range of coilovers. Usually springs, dampers and cc plates suffice, but after buying all that you’re only a few hundred bucks away from the pedders kit. But with none of the adjustability. Unless you get adjustable dampers of course. Even so, your ride height is still fixed though

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Sub’d. I’m considering them myself but have read (multiple times actually) that the spring rates aren’t the best. On the other side of that, I’ve read that they’re the best coilover you can buy in that price range. Which I know is the lower range of coilovers. Usually springs, dampers and cc plates suffice, but after buying all that you’re only a few hundred bucks away from the pedders kit. But with none of the adjustability. Unless you get adjustable dampers of course. Even so, your ride height is still fixed though
It was either that or the Eibach coil over kit, and the shop I use actually said they recommend Pedders, has them on his personal car.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was either that or the Eibach coil over kit, and the shop I use actually said they recommend Pedders, has them on his personal car.
Ask to go for a ride in/drive his car. Then you can make a definitive decision. Nothing like spending $1300 mostly off of other people’s opinions and interpretations, just to find out it’s not what you were looking for

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Ask to go for a ride in/drive his car. Then you can make a definitive decision. Nothing like spending $1300 mostly off of other people’s opinions and interpretations, just to find out it’s not what you were looking for
That’s a good point. I don’t think it would be apples to apples though. Mine is a 19 and he has that set up on an 11 I believe.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I have a Pedders for about 80.000 km now (don‘t know how many miles that is). It drives really good, much control and easily adjustable.
But i already had to replace the camber plates.
Fact is you have to use the Pedders camber plates as no others will fit. When you get the set, ask for the upper spring seats with bearings. They really make a difference. And yes, you can‘t adjust the camber plates without removing the whole assembly.

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
I have a Pedders for about 80.000 km now (don‘t know how many miles that is). It drives really good, much control and easily adjustable.
But i already had to replace the camber plates.
Fact is you have to use the Pedders camber plates as no others will fit. When you get the set, ask for the upper spring seats with bearings. They really make a difference. And yes, you can‘t adjust the camber plates without removing the whole assembly.
It may be a silly question as I’m not extremely mechanical, but you have to remove the whole assembly to do alignment?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
To adjust camber, yes. The opening is too small to reach the bolts with an Allen key.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
To adjust camber, yes. The opening is too small to reach the bolts with an Allen key.
Wow, that seems like a real pain in the ass. Are there any other kits out there with that design?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I don‘t know. But don‘t let that turn you down. Use excenter bolts for fine adjustments if camber after setting the main camber on the plate and you‘re good to go. The coilover itself is of very good quality.

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
I keep seeing this thrown around and it’s quite simply not true.
The camber tops have 8 holes per side for the adjusting bolts (as shown below)
They come supplied with the bolts fitted at the outer position.
Shift the bolts to the centre position.
Want more negative camber?
Remove the two inner bolts entirely.
Slide camber top inward, place the bolts in the holes that are now easily accessed.

@Steven9194 just bear in mind that the Pedders setup is a rebranded BC Racing setup.
I’d assume the valving and spring rates may be different though.
I know plenty of people running the BC racing gear with zero issues so far.
Just remember to double check the tension on all the bolts and particularly the lock rings, prior to fitting.
AC96DF88-EE78-4BC1-A948-E5C30017A343.jpeg
So just to verify, you’re saying you do not need to cut the tower, or remove the entire assembly to adjust camber?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So just to verify, you’re saying you do not need to cut the tower, or remove the entire assembly to adjust camber?
Correct. I’m running the Airlift kit which uses identical camber tops. You can adjust the camber to the extreme in either direction if you remove the bolts and place them in the correct holes (the correct holes being whichever ones are accessible once the camber is set).
The main trick is a ball ended Allen key.

OP
OP
Steven9194

Steven9194

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Correct. I’m running the Airlift kit which uses identical camber tops. You can adjust the camber to the extreme in either direction if you remove the bolts and place them in the correct holes (the correct holes being whichever ones are accessible once the camber is set).
The main trick is a ball ended Allen key.
Just out of curiosity, how much lower is this coilover kit out of the box? I know it's adjustable, but if you just unpackaged and installed how much lower would it be?
Sponsored