Sponsored

Part throttle stutter/misfire. Dealership failed me.

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
At highway speeds and cruising normal, when I roll onto the throttle there is a noticeable hesitation and vibration like the engine is misfiring. It clears out once it downshifts. Happens around 2k rpm. No codes but it does this every time I drive it. Took it to the dealership and they say it's normal. So pissed. Is there anything I can do to make them fix it?
20230609_093828.jpg
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You're lugging the engine at 2K RPM. Don't do that.

Down shift, then nail the throttle.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Do you have, or have access to, a good scan tool? One that will capture live data.
If so hook it up and record what's happening in a few different situations and conditions. Then take that evidence to the dealer. Or better yet a different dealership.
Record, or screenshot, things like misfire counts, a/f ratios, fuel trims, O2 sensor data, cam and crank angles, IAT/engine temping fuel pressure and whatever else doesn't look normal when watching the data.
Sometimes you have to make them see what you see...

Edit; I just noticed it's the automatic. Depending on what mode it's in they can be jerky/abrupt. Are you sure it's the engine and not the transmission?

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
It does it in every gear that I can tell and every performance mode. It feels like when a few spark plugs are dead.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
It should down shift if you are rolling into it. Could be anything really.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
You're lugging the engine at 2K RPM. Don't do that.

Down shift, then nail the throttle.
The gear selector is in D. This is when driving normally and trying to accelerate slowly. Like when on the highway at 70mph and speeding up to 75mph.
It also does it around town at lower speeds.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The gear selector is in D. This is when driving normally and trying to accelerate slowly. Like when on the highway at 70mph and speeding up to 75mph.
It also does it around town at lower speeds.
Is that happening when the car is in a different Drive Mode too say Sport + or Track? Those usually downshift without much throttle input.

OP
OP
Turbo Cow

Turbo Cow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Is that happening when the car is in a different Drive Mode too say Sport + or Track? Those usually downshift without much throttle input.
Yes. It does it in all modes. Drive any speed from. 30mph on up and lightly press the throttle and it feels like it's downing a few cylinders.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Read the whole SSM . It also states to compare to like vehicle . Witch they did not highlight. Time to go find a like vehicle .

Driv3n to Dr1ve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 6 speed manual
That’s just the nature of the 10r80. Not a smooth transmission at all. If it was a misfire you’d see P0300 or P0308 codes. If you’re so inclined just buy and install new spark plugs or coils. But the only way to “solve” this is to buy a Porsche with a PDK, a BMW with a DCT, or trade for a manual mustang.

Sponsored

KilgoreLSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1, Ford Transit 250 Ecoboost, BMW X5
My automatic doesn’t do this. Contrary to other comments. Are you hitting throttle hard or lightly? You may need to put more foot into it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
At highway speeds and cruising normal, when I roll onto the throttle there is a noticeable hesitation and vibration like the engine is misfiring. It clears out once it downshifts. Happens around 2k rpm. No codes but it does this every time I drive it. Took it to the dealership and they say it's normal. So pissed. Is there anything I can do to make them fix it?
20230609_093828.jpg
Buy a 6spd?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Crappy gas? Try boosting the octane. What happens?

JCN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT, 14 F150, 23 F150
NOT normal, the remark about a different dealer sounds good. Something you could try that's pretty easy and free, unhook the battery for 30 minutes or so. Then drive it for a couple of days and see if it changes. Ya the A10 is twitchy but mine doesn't act like that. Jim
Sponsored