Sponsored

Owning a Mach 1 Guide

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
I was wondering if there was a guide for someone owning a Mach 1 which included: prepping for a mustang M1 (especially if you have never owned one), accessories, delivery, maintenance, etc? If not, I am happy to use this thread's insight to make one. :)

My M1 just got delivered to Granger. It's quite amazing. I have a couple of questions:

1. Ceramic Coat/PPF: Should you get this? If so, which one? I live in CA, but would be great to hear if this changes for different places. How much does this usually cost as Granger might be offering this around 2K/1.8K respectively, something like that (not confirmed).

2. Granger found it hard to deliver so I am booking my delivery myself through UShip. Has anyone done that before? Any other recommendations? Any configuration of delivery that you recommend sharing?

It would be great to use this thread and help out fellow M1 folks especially those are n00bs/first time owners like myself. Thanks! :)
Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I was wondering if there was a guide for someone owning a Mach 1 which included: prepping for a mustang M1 (especially if you have never owned one), accessories, delivery, maintenance, etc? If not, I am happy to use this thread's insight to make one. :)

My M1 just got delivered to Granger. It's quite amazing. I have a couple of questions:

1. Ceramic Coat/PPF: Should you get this? If so, which one? I live in CA, but would be great to hear if this changes for different places. How much does this usually cost as Granger might be offering this around 2K/1.8K respectively, something like that (not confirmed).

2. Granger found it hard to deliver so I am booking my delivery myself through UShip. Has anyone done that before? Any other recommendations? Any configuration of delivery that you recommend sharing?

It would be great to use this thread and help out fellow M1 folks especially those are n00bs/first time owners like myself. Thanks! :)
congrats on it coming in!.

I was planning to tow mine straight to detailer for CC and PPF. was quoted about 2500 for most of the car PPFed and everything CC'ed

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Thank you.

Which dealer is offering you? Details when possible. :)
my quote is through a local shop. was planning to pick up from Granger and tow home and drop it off at that shop.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I would get full PPF on the front/headlights/mirrors/rear quarter panels/rear deck lid where Mach 1 logo is. Ceramic coat the entire car with a 3+ year ceramic. Get two buckets with grit guards and familiarize yourself with the two bucket wash method. Ceramic window tint is a life saver in hot climates but that's totally up to you.

For the PPF, see if the shop can do gloss on the hood and a stealth matte piece for the decal to hold the original look on the decal. Otherwise, it's going to all be glossy. Shops can hand cut a piece that goes against the glossy piece and leaves no gap or bump for dust if they are really good.

For the PPF and ceramic I've had quotes from $5000-$7000 depending on what options I picked and some included window tint too. It's not cheap.

Sponsored

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I would seriously consider a clay job on the car after taking delivery. They pick up a surprising amount of rail dust from transportation alone. I was hoping to avoid it, but in my case the car needed it. Its all worth when the job is done though. See the thread below for more detail. I strongly recommend this before applying PPF ect.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/michigan-is-a-long-way-from-california.164885/#post-3355015

I would also put on an oil catch can (oil separator) immediately. You really only need to do the passenger side in this car. I put mine on about 700 miles in, yep it catches blow by, certainly enough to justify it. You have multiple finish and brand choices, and install takes all of 5 minutes with your bare hands, so why the hell not?

https://lmr.com/item/JLT-3024C/mustang-gt-oil-separator-jlt-passenger-clear-18

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I would get full PPF on the front/headlights/mirrors/rear quarter panels/rear deck lid where Mach 1 logo is. Ceramic coat the entire car with a 3+ year ceramic. Get two buckets with grit guards and familiarize yourself with the two bucket wash method. Ceramic window tint is a life saver in hot climates but that's totally up to you.

For the PPF, see if the shop can do gloss on the hood and a stealth matte piece for the decal to hold the original look on the decal. Otherwise, it's going to all be glossy. Shops can hand cut a piece that goes against the glossy piece and leaves no gap or bump for dust if they are really good.

For the PPF and ceramic I've had quotes from $5000-$7000 depending on what options I picked and some included window tint too. It's not cheap.
Not the greatest picture edit of all time but I hope it works. These were the areas I had done. Plus ceramic over everything including wheels and calipers which makes keeping them clean so much easier. I won’t ever have a car like this again without doing it, maybe even full coverage of all painted surfaces next time. Take a lot of stress away.

F523E216-4D2D-422A-A51F-A4D092F4CFC8.jpeg

4EBE0DC8-9EDF-4179-A650-72678B78735C.jpeg

70F0D1A8-DB11-4A2B-8F81-F2F08BAD421F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dethmaShine

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Not the greatest picture edit of all time but I hope it works. These were the areas I had done. Plus ceramic over everything including wheels and calipers which makes keeping them clean so much easier. I won’t ever have a car like this again without doing it, maybe even full coverage of all painted surfaces next time. Take a lot of stress away.

F523E216-4D2D-422A-A51F-A4D092F4CFC8.jpeg

4EBE0DC8-9EDF-4179-A650-72678B78735C.jpeg

70F0D1A8-DB11-4A2B-8F81-F2F08BAD421F.jpeg
What was the damage?

Sponsored

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
If you want some extra rawr with it, get the Corsa Double H pipe from Lethal Performance. Quiet Mode is still quiet, but everything else is ear-to-ear grins.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I didn't spring for the PPF (I wasn't a fan of PPF but I should have, as I'm already seeing small chips in front of the rear tires and on front end) - I had ceramic put on the whole car and wheels and window tint all the way around.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I didn't spring for the PPF (I wasn't a fan of PPF but I should have, as I'm already seeing small chips in front of the rear tires and on front end) - I had ceramic put on the whole car and wheels and window tint all the way around.
It’s not too late! A good shop can touch that up and wrap it so it looks perfect again.

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6
I’m having Xpel full PPF w/stealth over the matte on the stripe and window tint done through Granger before driving the car home to TX.

Their price was considerably better than the local quotes I got, and I didn’t want to chance damaging the paint on the car’s maiden voyage.

I had contemplated having the car shipped, but decided to put the shipping money toward PPF instead.

I’m also having the cup 2s swapped for Michelin A/S 4s at Granger.

I hope to have a dry/snow free journey from IA to TX, but realize my chances of shit weather in late November or high.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I did the ceramic myself with CarPro CQ.UK 3.0. My car didn't ship by rail so I didn't use iron remover first. Just wash, Eraser prep, and CQuartz ceramic. Did it in a day and saved mucho dinero. Coated the decals and it did NOT make them glossy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4NM5X...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Erase...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

UPDATE 11/7/2021: Today I washed it for the first time since applying the ceramic and holy sh*t does that water run off the car. Never saw anything like it.
Sponsored

Last edited: