Sponsored

Reserving a Mach 1

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I was kind of thinking of staying with Mustang if I could get a mach 1 for mid-to-upper 40's range instead of my plans of getting a Scat Pack. But looks like there is going to be a ADM applied to them, correct? If this is the case then I may continue to plan on the Challenger, although may wait to see what the production version of the 400z looks like. BTW, I had no idea the mach e GT was that fast, but over 60k? IDK, I guess if you figure in the 7.5k tax deduction and what I estimate my equity is in my current mustang, it may end up being in the low 40's. But then again that is at least 5k more than the other cars I'm considering. Plus they are true sports/muscle cars and not a "sporty" SUV.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I was kind of thinking of staying with Mustang if I could get a mach 1 for mid-to-upper 40's range instead of my plans of getting a Scat Pack. But looks like there is going to be a ADM applied to them, correct? If this is the case then I may continue to plan on the Challenger, although may wait to see what the production version of the 400z looks like. BTW, I had no idea the mach e GT was that fast, but over 60k? IDK, I guess if you figure in the 7.5k tax deduction and what I estimate my equity is in my current mustang, it may end up being in the low 40's. But then again that is at least 5k more than the other cars I'm considering. Plus they are true sports/muscle cars and not a "sporty" SUV.
Orders on 2020 mustangs close tomorrow, and PP & PP2 are closed already. That may work to your advantage since there is a 10 day gap where they cannot put orders into the system. If your dealer doesn’t have many mustangs on the lot, they may be willing to negotiate for a sale so they have orders to place when the order banks open back up. I would suggest going there in person over the weekend. Do your homework beforehand on what your trade is worth and the other deals you’re looking at. They’ll work pretty hard on getting the deal you want if you’re there.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Boy is there some total misinformation on this thread.

Having purchased a 2019 Bullitt for $5,722 under sticker in early 2019 and having been involved in a lot of "Bullitt" stuff over the years, here are some FACTS.

Yes, Ford overestimated the demand for the Bullitt. Making as many as were ordered, unlike the limited run of the 2008/09. Most dealers either marked them over MSRP or at MSRP. As usual I looked on all internet sites and when I found a dealership that would take my price I bought a ticket, flew there and bought the car.

Facts on the Bullitt: Only options were Recaro seats, MagneRide, Electronics Package, and car cover. All Bullitts had Active Exhaust. All Bullitts had the electronic dash. All Bullitts had NAV. The Bullitt standard equipment varied from any other Premium GT package. Of course all Bullitts had the GT350 intake.

If you priced the same "stuff" with a GT, you only paid about $1,000 more for the Bullitt. Actually, it was a good deal in a way. But not at MSRP as you can see how much of a hit you would take in 2 years.

Back to the Mach 1. Yes, I would like to get one. My experience buying a lot of cars over the years is that if you have to be the "first one" on the block you will pay handsomely for it. Wait several months and look around and buy one off the lot. Dealers make deals when someone can buy the now and not some possible future purchase through ordering.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 for mid-40s wont happen. High-40s is likely

and the Mach E is $60k AFTER that $7.5k tax deduction

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Mach 1 for mid-40s wont happen. High-40s is likely

and the Mach E is $60k AFTER that $7.5k tax deduction
However from what I've read on this forum, you don't need to get the car in a premium version like you had to in the Bullitt. Remember, the Bullitt was pretty much loaded.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
However from what I've read on this forum, you don't need to get the car in a premium version like you had to in the Bullitt. Remember, the Bullitt was pretty much loaded.
This hasn’t been confirmed in any way, and my guess would be that it’s highly inaccurate. We have yet to see a Mach 1 with cloth interior, which means we’re getting Premium at least. But additionally, Ford list “unique startup sequence in gauge cluster” as a feature for the Mach 1, meaning digital dash is most likely ALSO standard (meaning 401A at least)

I wouldn’t be surprised if base Mach 1 starts at a hair under $50k. I’m anticipating spending $57k for my loaded one

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This hasn’t been confirmed in any way, and my guess would be that it’s highly inaccurate. We have yet to see a Mach 1 with cloth interior, which means we’re getting Premium at least. But additionally, Ford list “unique startup sequence in gauge cluster” as a feature for the Mach 1, meaning digital dash is most likely ALSO standard (meaning 401A at least)

I wouldn’t be surprised if base Mach 1 starts at a hair under $50k. I’m anticipating spending $57k for my loaded one
if I could afford aMach 1 I’d have to get loaded. Been eyeballing these cars and super jealous. I think these cars are going to be beautiful in person. I’d grab a loaded one with a manual myself.
Maybe in few years I can find a low mileage used one. I was set on a gt350 but I’m really digging the Mach’s

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have email with my sales guy saying MSRP and 1st allocation
I really want to see what the all black appearance package will look like.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm on my way to visit my dealer tomorrow, to put down a deposit and nail down the details on the specific build that I want. :beer::flag::sunglasses:
Sponsored