Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
https://autos.yahoo.com/driver-outruns-cops-one-most-210000189.html

Wow. Dumbass.

Although people may not feel comfortable posting such things, anyone ever try to avoid law enforcement with their cars? I did as a stupid young guy, 30+ yrs ago. On an interstate doing about 80 in a 55 at night, blew past a cop and saw him pull out but knew my exit was coming up. Got off the interstate, made a couple lefts into a housing plan, pulled into someoneā€™s driveway and killed the lights. Sat there about 20 mins with my heart racing. THAT WAS A FELONY IN SOME STATES ALTHOUGH I DIDNT KNOW AT THE TIME and I canā€™t believe I even thought that was a good decision in the heat of the moment.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Passed a state trooper going the opposite direction when I was around 17-18 @ 90+. As soon as his lights came on, I hit the brakes and pulled over. He showed up not to long after. He had a few words for me needlessly. At the end, he said tell your father I said hello.

My old man was a truck driver and knew a lot of the law enforcement officials around.

Richard

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ā“‡ā’¾ā’øā“€ā“Ž ā“ˆā“…ā’¶ā“ƒā’¾ā“ˆā’½
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I like having a D/L, so nope. I man up and take my licks.

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
On two wheels Iā€™m not stopping in most cases.

Mustang, F150 or Tesla then I will take my lumps.

Sponsored

GoGoGadget

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Cops are generally Alpha male types who spend the majority of their time doing boring bullshit. So when a person runs, that is excitement. A break from the dull doldrums of their day. So every single one of them that has the slightest excuse to jump in that chase is coming.
Outrunning one cop is easy. But you stir up a hornets nest when they key up the radio announcing that they are in pursuit.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...I outran one once when I was 17. 10pm @ night.
I had a '71 GTO and I had left GF/wife's now house late to
get home to pick up my mom or we would be late for work.
My only saving grace was the SHP was facing opposite the way
I was going. He had to wait for a couple cars to go by before he
could pull out. He couldn't tell what the car was I was driving,
I had passed a car and when I cut back in my lane and the headlights
reflected off of his bumper. I looked in the mirror and saw his lights come
on, so I kicked it down. Passed another car, so he had to stop two cars before
he could have caught up with me.
I made it home; 25 miles in record time.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Being a little older... I wouldn't think of it. HOWEVER... when I was younger, every chance I got as long as it was two wheels.

You see, I am addicted to speed... skydived for many years, live in Germany for 3 years... oh the autobahn... yep 195 mph on a Kawasaki GPZ 1100, 165 mph in a BMW. On leave, home from Germany, in a state not to be named... flew by a state po at 135mph, next exit was a clover, got off and back on and was puling through 140 mph while he was heading in the other direction... lights went off... got back to my buds house (his bike), and sat in a dark garage for 45 mins. I could never figure out why I wasn't allowed to ride his bike any more...puzzling?!

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Yeah, you can outrun a cop, can't outrun Motorola.

I just eat it. This day and age, absurdly high chances of you getting caught. Traffic cams, dashcams, some asshat probably throws a vid of you on tiktok, etc.

Kids these days video everything. Idiots. Put your phone down, like anybody wants more evidence against them. Dumb enough to record, not smart enough to delete.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Better yet... here's a bucket list item... if I win the lottery (gotta play first)... let's say take home is $50m. Buy an insanely fast car, find an open, clear highway and bury it until I get pulled over... tell the cop, "hey man, just won the lottery, had to do it". "I can afford the ticket, lawyer covered, court cost covered, insurance cost covered, Uber for 6-12 months covered". Bet (s)he let's me off with a grin and 75 in a 55!?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Better yet... here's a bucket list item... if I win the lottery (gotta play first)... let's say take home is $50m. Buy an insanely fast car, find an open, clear highway and bury it until I get pulled over... tell the cop, "hey man, just won the lottery, had to do it". "I can afford the ticket, lawyer covered, court cost covered, insurance cost covered, Uber for 6-12 months covered". Bet (s)he let's me off with a grin and 75 in a 55!?
Hopefully youā€™re joking but if you get popped at 185-200 anywhere on the street, the lottery ainā€™t gonna help you stay out of the graybar hotel. They take that stuff seriously these days.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Hopefully youā€™re joking but if you get popped at 185-200 anywhere on the street, the lottery ainā€™t gonna help you stay out of the graybar hotel. They take that stuff seriously these days.
[/QUOTE
yep, I'd expect that to be part of the equation... but I'll never win that kinda money...

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB