Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Well Well now. Europe is using more coal and natural gas to provide electricity to it's citizens. Oh yea, prices are at record highs.
Wonder if all the electric cars are adding more demand than you have supply?

Welcome to the new world

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/europe-energy-crunch-set-last-103438770.html
I find it ironic, they're going to the coal and gas because they can't rely on wind or solar lol. Does no one think about where that electricity comes from and how it's all powered? I wish we had more people with common sense in political office. Seems common sense has gone out the window.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Seems common sense has gone out the window.
With rare exception politics is about selling feels that are by definition counter to physics. There are precious few people who learned anything in physics class in high school let alone anything since. When you're stupid you can be misled into believing any idiotic nonsense. And cheering loudly for imaginary solutions to unreal problems.

Just think back how stupid your average Mopar owner is, and remember fully half of chevrolet owners are dumber than that. ,,😆

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I find it ironic, they're going to the coal and gas because they can't rely on wind or solar lol. Does no one think about where that electricity comes from and how it's all powered? I wish we had more people with common sense in political office. Seems common sense has gone out the window.
In some countries - yes. And it doesn't involve coal or gas

Sponsored

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cayman, 2023 Lighning
Seems to be a bit of a lack of grasp here on the recent past. As the economies of scale continue to improve on all things renewable, we're going to see an acceleration of fossil fuel moving out of the market. Embrace this and pay attention, as there is money to be made and/or saved if you do. I love the sound of my stang. ICE vehicles aren't going away totally, but will likely only end up on closed courses. Porsche is part of a group building a manufacturing plant in Chile to produce synthetic, low emission gas, which they hope to use to keep their appreciating asset vehicles on the road. 70% of all the Porsches ever made are still on the road.

Musk was right, it's going to be a bad investment to buy an ICE vehicle going forward. If it wasn't only for the fact that some EV's may end up being million mile vehicles, they are also moving forward with Full self driving. My GF's Mach-E is a marvel of modern tech. Sat with my hands off the wheel in stop and go traffic for 15 minutes the other day on bluecruise. Why would we not want this ? It should, eventually, end stop and go traffic.

Save your stang for the autocross course. Probably aren't going to want it for road racing, though, as the gas will probably end up pretty damn expensive. Ford is one of the companies not confused by this transition, or at least that has a plan. you could have bought F at $8/share this year, and likely could have tripled your investment by the end of the year and it still may be undervalued.

Look for high voltage EV like the Lucid system, that can charge 100 miles in 10 minutes, just getting better. Toyota is bringing Solid State batteries, as well. If I was Starbucks, I'd sign a deal with Electrify America now, and get those chargers in my Highway locations. Long and medium haul trucking is going to be a fight between EV and Hydrogen/Ev.

Offshore wind, is just taking hold in places outside of the North Sea and Scandinavia. The US has something like 4 times the amount of US energy need in usable off shore wind production possibility and home solar use is skyrocketing, and $/kwh is going down month to month. Put in a Home battery, and guess what ? You don't care how much residential power costs... This is coming, and things are going to change. No way around it. The only reason it took this long is Oil Subsidies and protectionism. That ship has sailed.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
When did scientists first warn humanity about climate change? (msn.com)
Hello; An informative read in some ways. The names and contributions of past scientists for one thing. A bit of a glaring omission, however. There is no mention of the global cooling predictions of the 1970's. I lived thru that episode and can say it certainly was plenty cold during the winters in SE KY back then. Even was addressed in my science classes. Even made it into the plots of movies and books. I guess even revisionists history works in science same as in other aspects of life.

You know, the notion we are at the end of an interglacial period of warming and about the enter another ice age. The next ice age in the series of four or five that have been determined to have happened before.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
With rare exception politics is about selling feels that are by definition counter to physics. There are precious few people who learned anything in physics class in high school let alone anything since. When you're stupid you can be misled into believing any idiotic nonsense. And cheering loudly for imaginary solutions to unreal problems.

Just think back how stupid your average Mopar owner is, and remember fully half of chevrolet owners are dumber than that. ,,😆
True lol. I care about being environmentally conscious but when the government starts forcing this green crap with bills like the green new deal and saying how great it is...then I start being wary. I say follow the money and we'll find out why they're jumping on the green bandwagon. 🙄

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I watched a movie today named BODY BROKERS. Starts out with two junkies robbing a store for money to get high. Then a narrator starts talking about federally funded parts of the Affordable Care ACT specifically used for drug addict recovery.
The fiction story goes on to follow a few addicts as they make their way thru the process. The start of the film claims it is based on true events. There are a number of money-making schemes illustrated through the film with the narrator breaking in to give out how many federal dollars can be spent at the various stages. No surprise it is in the billions.

My point is there very likely going to be a big money trail with these "green" policies. I will be on the lookout for details myself and hope others will do the same.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If I was Starbucks, I'd sign a deal with Electrify America now, and get those chargers in my Highway locations.
since when do they have highway locations?

But sure, since the wait time to get a 400% markup burnt not-a-coffee and frau-frau liquid confection is infinite, that might give the 3 lucky souls enough time to sit there occupying precious real-estate to get less range than it you had poured that Grande-worth of hydrocarbons into the tank of a dozen 6.2L Hemi Hellcat using an eye-dropper.

Long and medium haul trucking is going to be a fight between EV and Hydrogen/Ev.
You're hilarious. class 8 trucks will be diesel and hydro-carbon based till the heat death of the universe. The only use case for EV in freight is last-mile and yard operations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
You're hilarious. class 8 trucks will be diesel and hydro-carbon based till the heat death of the universe. The only use case for EV in fright is last-mile and yard operations.
Cali is about to find this out the hard way.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
California may cut rooftop solar incentives as market booms (yahoo.com)

“But power companies say the savings are now so great that solar customers are no longer paying their fair share for the operation of the overall energy grid.”

“The major utility companies — Pacific Gas & Electric, San Diego Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison — say the current setup allows solar customers to sell their energy back into the grid for more than it's worth. They say more needs to be done to make sure solar customers — most of whom still rely on power from utilities at nighttime — are paying for all the parts of the energy grid they use.”

“The utilities have proposed lowering the amount of money solar customers get back, meaning it would take longer — 11 to 15 years — for homeowners to recover their costs. All residential solar customers would also have a “grid benefits charge” and a “customer charge” added to their bills that could be upwards of $70 per month”

“Del Chiaro said the state should also be making it easier for people to buy solar storage systems alongside the panels. Such systems, which cost about $15,000 to install, allow people with solar panels to store their own energy for use when it gets dark, making them less reliant on the energy grid.”

Hello; This is not so new. I have read about other states moving so the solar customers cannot sell their electricity back before. Interesting thing for me is during the mild weather months my total electric bill is often below $70 a month. I rarely run the central air except on the hot and very muggy nights.

In case any of the climate warriors miss the point, the utilities are in business to make a profit many places. Even in places where they are “non-profit” the cost of equipment, fuel, workers and such will have to be paid for. This grand expansion and build up of the grid to go all renewable will show up on the bill of customers.

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since when do they have highway locations?

But sure, since the wait time to get a 400% markup burnt not-a-coffee and frau-frau liquid confection is infinite, that might give the 3 lucky souls enough time to sit there occupying precious real-estate to get less range than it you had poured that Grande-worth of hydrocarbons into the tank of a dozen 6.2L Hemi Hellcat using an eye-dropper.

You're hilarious. class 8 trucks will be diesel and hydro-carbon based till the heat death of the universe. The only use case for EV in freight is last-mile and yard operations.
ahh, right... guess I'll give back those capital gains I made last year on PlugPower. lol. Keep your head in the sand.

Already being piloted by JB Hunt (GM/International), and Daimler-Benz

Last edited:

murphyslaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ahh, right... guess I'll give back those capital gains I made last year on PlugPower. lol. Keep your head in the sand.

Companies already using Hydrogen powered forklifts with large distribution centers, like walmart will be the first. They already have Hydrogen distribution onsite.

Already being piloted by JB Hunt (GM/International), and Daimler-Benz
Sponsored