Ordered a Watson 4 point roll bar

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Purchased my car with it. 4 point Watson in matching race red. On the fence about selling or trading it for the rear leather seats. 🤔 It does give it a nice look though 👌

Screenshot_20240328_145715_Instagram.jpg

John S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Just installed a Watson roll bar in my Mach 1 and it fit like a glove. Just be careful drilling the holes for the rear supports, measure carefully (trial fit before poking the actual holes should confirm how dead on their quality is) and avoid drilling into any brake lines, dropping them out of the way can be a challenge to access.

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
posted without comment...LOL.
IMG_8843.jpg
IMG_8844.jpg
Danger Will Robinson!

The harnesses go through the middle of the headrest bars, not the outside, since they can slip over the side during a nasty rollover. This is as described by Joe Marko, the owner of HMS Motorsport in Mooresville, NC... when I did the same thing that you did and he saw me at an HPDE and took the time to help me rerun the harnesses through the middle of the bars.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Danger Will Robinson!

The harnesses go through the middle of the headrest bars, not the outside, since they can slip over the side during a nasty rollover. This is as described by Joe Marko, the owner of HMS Motorsport in Mooresville, NC... when I did the same thing that you did and he saw me at an HPDE and took the time to help me rerun the harnesses through the middle of the bars.
well here's the funny thing, I called Scroth directly and they took about 30 minutes to talk to me about the harnesses, I connected them just as Scroth recommended. hmmmm

Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
well here's the funny thing, I called Scroth directly and they took about 30 minutes to talk to me about the harnesses, I connected them just as Scroth recommended. hmmmm
Yes that is interesting! Joe was very certain that I had done it wrong..

Here is Joe talking about it in a video where he has the harnesses run through the middle of the bars:

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Yes that is interesting! Joe was very certain that I had done it wrong..

Here is Joe talking about it in a video where he has the harnesses run through the middle of the bars:
Okay I see where he has the belts inside the headrests there. That's an easy fix since I have the harnesses out for non-track season. That's how I divide my driving seasons now, track and non-track. Addicted for sure.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Danger Will Robinson!

Ya know… I saw that but figured that was probably just after he installed and that he probably wasn’t running it that way. I should’ve said something. “See something say something” when it comes to safety.
Good catch

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
Ya know… I saw that but figured that was probably just after he installed and that he probably wasn’t running it that way. I should’ve said something. “See something say something” when it comes to safety.
Good catch
Presently there are no plans for a "nasty rollover" I just made Intermediate.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I understand thatI don’t think anybody plans for it. After being a corner station worker/flagger for over a year, I have seen bad incidents in all run groups that were not pace related.

can’t really prepare in the event you are following a car and they start leaking oil or coolant. Going at 30mph at the wrong turn can result in serious damage. Also I hope it never happens to anybody but freak accidents are possible.

better to have done it right and not need it than to need it and it not be done right.

Just want you to continue having safe fun is all

Sponsored

SkyBlast

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ponytales.org
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT with PP1
Queue the Boromir meme: One does not simply plan for a nasty rollover...

I watched in horror as the brakes failed on a Mustang GT going over 125mph into turn 8 at Carolina Motorsports Park last October. His car went tumbling into the trees. Fortunately for him he had a 4 point roll bar, racing seats and harnesses and was not seriously injured!

CMP management has since removed a bunch of trees and added a ton of sand after turn 8 to help prevent this again.

The moral of the story is: don't try to make the turn if you are going too fast. Going off track sideways is a recipe for disaster! Your wheels will dig into the dirt and flip the car.

If you find yourself going too fast, just go straight off into the sand so that it can bring your car to a halt.

Congratulations on making it into the intermediate group!

And since you are intermediate, I'll pass along the best advice that I've ever been given: The first time you go around the track at each event and you are warming up your tires and waving at the corner workers, remind yourself where you will go in each corner if disaster strikes. Know which corners are your friends and which ones are not, and drive appropriately. Some corners at most tracks have plenty of runoff while other corners are there just to make your day that much less fun.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Danger Will Robinson!

2024 version of Lost in Space Robot warning for Will Robinson.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Now that is cool!!!!