Sponsored

Options to make gearbox better

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
After test driving the GT manual I decided to go for the auto and don't regret it at all. Nice smooth cruising and gear changes without driveline backlash or heavy clutch. Then superb kick down and Sport mode with paddles.
Sponsored

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Back to OP I run an MGW it's a lot better but still notchy
And tight saying that not had that much time with it but would not hesitate at fitting one over stock I will master it now iv got some time to drive the car.
Auto V Manual that's just a preference pros and cons for both. Depends on your style of driving and intended use...

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I agree my car is terribly boring so much so that I could leave you as a distant dot in my mirrors at my leisure with boring regularity....:lol::headbang:
And for the rest of the time you're a passenger, while the car drives you. If I wanted that i'd get an Uber :p

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Gonna install my Steeda MT-82 bushing this weekend. From what I've read it really firms up the shifting experience without changing the shifter assembly.

$30 vs $300-500 but we'll see how it goes...

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I’m looking forward to getting my auto, the gearbox in my manual Ecoboost is awful, feel I may have got a bad one as I struggle to change from 1st, 2nd and 3rd without it clunking and feeling horrible!

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Gonna install my Steeda MT-82 bushing this weekend. From what I've read it really firms up the shifting experience without changing the shifter assembly.

$30 vs $300-500 but we'll see how it goes...
Pleas post your results!

Sponsored

fya67k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 'TY' Mustang GT, and it's here!
One minor thing I'd like to be a little better is the changing of gears. Is there anything I can upgrade or do to make the gear changes a little less notchy, any upgrades?
Up-grading the Synthetic Oil used in this gearbox has been said to improve the gearshifts. It was discussed a while ago on a thread that 'Gibbo' used to post.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Up-grading the Synthetic Oil used in this gearbox has been said to improve the gearshifts. It was discussed a while ago on a thread that 'Gibbo' used to post.
x2, Definitely helps.

Wildblood

'Andrew'
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
TY 'GT' Mustang.........'H1 OON'
Yes, I believe it's called BG Products Combo Kit and replaces the Gearbox and Diff Oil. Think it's via Optimum Performance from memory.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
BG exist in the uk and you can order it directly from them

This is the quantity and oil you need for the gearbox and the rear diff ordered direct from bg on 01284 777934

Synchroshift 2 (946ml) x 3 units @ £19.99 = £59.97
Ultra Guard (946ml) x 2 units @ £29.50 = £59.00
Sub Total = £118.97
VAT = £23.79
Total = £142.76

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think the shift could do with some improvement too. I recently drove a LWB Tranny and I thought it had a much nicer shift than my GT! I hear the MGW or the Barton do improve things, but at close to £1k once you've stumped up for someone to fit it, they'd need to be better!
I'd be interested to hear how the Steeda bushing works out.
When I get a chance I'm intending to fit a Booba shifter bracket to mine. This is a £65 option and pretty much locks the shifter assembly down solid, so shifts should be more accurate. I suspect it will increase NVH, but from what I've read not intolerably. Also in the "when I get round to it" bracket, is fitting a much heavier shift knob, this can help with gear selection too.
Sponsored