OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I'm new here - sort of. I had a 2016 GT manual coupe which I sold three years ago (regrets) and now I have a speculative order on a Mach 1 manual.

Apologies if someone has said this already...the Ford UK configurator clearly shows that new GT's are auto only, but you can still spec a Mach 1 as a manual or auto. My friendly Ford dealer says he is 70% certain my car will be delivered. Certainly the order hasn't been rejected yet.

I drove an auto Mach 1 and really didn't like it - just continually changing gear for the slightest foot movement. Perhaps there is some exemption for manual Mach 1's because Ford thinks it's the only right and proper thing to do? :handsinair:
It certainly looks possible to order one and all it needs to be is quieter than the GT, donā€™t know how they measure it, but could be that the Mach 1 has the GT500 exhaust on it, see if your dealer has a Vin for it yet, also they should have a estimated production date as well, I am not a fan of the auto as it likes do whatever it likes šŸ˜‚ and drives me nutā€™s
Sponsored

smokey22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible (on order)
Just noticed that the UK configurator once again allows you to build a manual GT.
I assume the issues with the noise regs been resolved, rather than this being a glitch.

Now to decide if I reorder in purple or stick with the blue that is due to be built next week...

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I noticed that, they must of changed the exhaust, with luck mines being built next week with luck

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
Just noticed that the UK configurator once again allows you to build a manual GT.
I assume the issues with the noise regs been resolved, rather than this being a glitch.

Now to decide if I reorder in purple or stick with the blue that is due to be built next week...
Purple is good although not sure I could bear going the beginning of the queue again JUST for that. I see you have a convertible on order. What about the Cali Special, now also available in manual and in purple!?

smokey22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible (on order)
Purple is good although not sure I could bear going the beginning of the queue again JUST for that. I see you have a convertible on order. What about the Cali Special, now also available in manual and in purple!?
Yeah, the reason I was looking at the configurator was to see if the CS was there yet.
Most likely I'll stick with my current order- just checking out my options...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Now to decide if I reorder in purple or stick with the blue that is due to be built next
I donā€™t think I could go through the wait again for just a colour change, do toy with the idea of ordering a Mach 1 but probably stay with what I have

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It certainly looks possible to order one and all it needs to be is quieter than the GT, donā€™t know how they measure it, but could be that the Mach 1 has the GT500 exhaust on it, see if your dealer has a Vin for it yet, also they should have a estimated production date as well, I am not a fan of the auto as it likes do whatever it likes šŸ˜‚ and drives me nutā€™s
I had a manual Mach 1 for six weeks before I sold it. Living in London, it was a real drag as the first 20-25 minutes and final 20-25 minutes of every "fun" drive was heavy traffic in a manual. I have a A10 Mach 1 on order. Let's see how I like it compared to the manual. If I don't like it, then I'll sell it as well.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I had a manual Mach 1 for six weeks before I sold it. Living in London, it was a real drag as the first 20-25 minutes and final 20-25 minutes of every "fun" drive was heavy traffic in a manual. I have a A10 Mach 1 on order. Let's see how I like it compared to the manual. If I don't like it, then I'll sell it as well.
I am getting used to the A10 now. I like it. I read so much stuff about people not using the paddles, but I'm finding that on the twisty, tighter roads, the paddles are great.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I am getting used to the A10 now. I like it. I read so much stuff about people not using the paddles, but I'm finding that on the twisty, tighter roads, the paddles are great.
As a daily driver the A10 is great. Very occasional thump into 5th gear but TADTS
Sponsored