OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
The biggest mistake I read is FRAM, that is a shit filter, hands down. :thumbsdown: :computerrage:

OP you never mentioned the service provider was it walmart, sams, costgo?
The service provider was the Tire Choice.... that says it all. I will never ever again go to that place for anything.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The service provider was the Tire Choice.... that says it all. I will never ever again go to that place for anything.
LOL ............ find the Oil Choice ........:question:

Life is learning

OP
OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
At least they got the wheel torque right....

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
It was most likely some Gen Z knucklehead tik toking grabbing the wrong filter.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I have a 2016 Edge with the same plastic drain plug as my Mustang has. It has 100,000 kms on it with the original drain plug and original o-ring. I park on a clean concrete floor and I can tell you that plug has never leaked a drop. Spend all the money you want on an aftermarket plug, but there is no issue with the factory plug at all. If you've broken the tabs off replace it and be more careful next time. It comes out without using anything but your fingers.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Fast oil change places that don’t advertise a branded oil are most likely buying whatever oil is the cheapest. Likewise on the filters. These places make almost no money on an oil change. Where they make the money is on the upswell on the ticket. Windshield wipers, cabin and air filters, and any mechanical repair. Weather your car needs them or not. I have seen alternators taken off of a car, spray painted and reinstalled.

There are reputable oil change places out there. Here are just a few few things to be aware of. 1.) Is the shop clean? If it looks like Bubba’s shed, everything is covered with oil and dirty, there are hundreds of old Generic looking filter boxes that are equally filthy, and everyone that works there has clothes on that look like they have been worn for more than a month, don’t stop! Floor it and get out of there. 2.) Waiting area is filthier than the bathroom at that restaurant that you got food poisoning at. 3.)The guy or the gal at the customer counter reeks of weed and hasn’t even walked past a shower in 2 weeks.

I am not kidding. I have witnessed some pretty sketchy stuff at these “super cheep” oil change joints. And even some national chain stores. Most all of these have no experienced or certified mechanics either. So, if there is anything that does not make you feel good at a place you walk into, follow your gut feeling. If the place is a dump, that’s the kind of work and products they are going to do.

OP
OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
Fast oil change places that don’t advertise a branded oil are most likely buying whatever oil is the cheapest. Likewise on the filters. These places make almost no money on an oil change. Where they make the money is on the upswell on the ticket. Windshield wipers, cabin and air filters, and any mechanical repair. Weather your car needs them or not. I have seen alternators taken off of a car, spray painted and reinstalled.

There are reputable oil change places out there. Here are just a few few things to be aware of. 1.) Is the shop clean? If it looks like Bubba’s shed, everything is covered with oil and dirty, there are hundreds of old Generic looking filter boxes that are equally filthy, and everyone that works there has clothes on that look like they have been worn for more than a month, don’t stop! Floor it and get out of there. 2.) Waiting area is filthier than the bathroom at that restaurant that you got food poisoning at. 3.)The guy or the gal at the customer counter reeks of weed and hasn’t even walked past a shower in 2 weeks.

I am not kidding. I have witnessed some pretty sketchy stuff at these “super cheep” oil change joints. And even some national chain stores. Most all of these have no experienced or certified mechanics either. So, if there is anything that does not make you feel good at a place you walk into, follow your gut feeling. If the place is a dump, that’s the kind of work and products they are going to do.
Funny you mention weed, because the guy that was at the counter at the first place I went to was stoned out of his mind. After he got my license plate wrong and was barely coherent, talking about my car taking 4 quarts of oil, I told the guy I was leaving to their other location. And I did. At least the guy at the counter at the second location wasn't stoned....

Last edited:
OP
OP

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
The saga continues. This morning when I pulled out of my garage I stopped to take a look at the floor and lo and behold, there was oil there. I went back to my trusted shop, they took a look and said it was leftovers from the fumbled filter change. They made sure to clean up around the area really good. If I see oil tomorrow I'm going to have a shit fit. Good thing about this "trusted" shop of mine is they're good people and they keep the place clean and orderly and generally seem to know what they're doing.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
The saga continues. This morning when I pulled out of my garage I stopped to take a look at the floor and lo and behold, there was oil there. I went back to my trusted shop, they took a look and said it was leftovers from the fumbled filter change. They made sure to clean up around the area really good. If I see oil tomorrow I'm going to have a shit fit. Good thing about this "trusted" shop of mine is they're good people and they keep the place clean and orderly and generally seem to know what they're doing.
except that they put the wrong oil filter on. I think you are on the right road if you are looking for another shop.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Funny you mention weed, because the guy that was at the counter at the first place I went to was stoned out of his mind. After he got my license plate wrong and was barely coherent, talking about my car taking 4 quarts of oil, I told the guy I was leaving to their other location. And I did. At least the guy at the counter at the second location wasn't stoned....
Possibly the second hand smoke from location #1 affected your judgment being you went to their other location.....
Just saying

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
No, these guys are the ones that put the correct filter on.
If your car is still under warranty, I'd use the genuine Motorcraft filters. I have an extended warranty and use only the Motorcraft ones so the dealer can't say anything about it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If your car is still under warranty, I'd use the genuine Motorcraft filters. I have an extended warranty and use only the Motorcraft ones so the dealer can't say anything about it.
WIX works
Sponsored