Oil change

EHam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD-OR
Is anyone else having problems with finding the cartridge style oil filter? My local Ford dealership said no one on the east coast has it in stock. Here i am at 2700 miles and the car still hasnt had its first oil change (2018 purchased w/ 1900 miles). Maybe someone on this forum has one they'd be willing to part with?
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes. Apparently the 2062 is being phased out and replaced by the 2087, which is the filter listed for the ‘19. Did you try rockauto? Amsoil also makes the correct filter as an option.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP

EHam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD-OR

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appears to be temporarily out of stock
Wow! When I checked it earlier, it was Prime with delivery tomorrow.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

EHam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD-OR
So, i drive down there and get it changed ( and purchased another filter for $33) and everything is going smooth until i stop at the gas station....i look at the paperwork and i see there was 8 quarts put in. How does a Ford tech not know it takes 10 quarts??? I checked it and it was definitely low. Is 2 quarts low going to hurt anything? Also, i noticed a little oil on my driveway but im hoping its just excess oil from when he took the filter off? I may just take my chance with possible warranty issues and start doing it myself.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, i drive down there and get it changed ( and purchased another filter for $33) and everything is going smooth until i stop at the gas station....i look at the paperwork and i see there was 8 quarts put in. How does a Ford tech not know it takes 10 quarts??? I checked it and it was definitely low. Is 2 quarts low going to hurt anything? Also, i noticed a little oil on my driveway but im hoping its just excess oil from when he took the filter off? I may just take my chance with possible warranty issues and start doing it myself.
Man, and folks say "... take to the dealer, they know what they're doing ...". I'd still take my chances with the quick-lube nearby. At least they know how to check the level after they're done. They don't charge $33 for a $10 filter, either.

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
I ordered a few in March and Amazon sent the wrong filters. Once I re-ordered, I received a few of the correct ones. Hopefully they will be in stock or have a replacement soon.

OnTrack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Ruby Red
There shouldn't be many issues with warranty and oil changes if you have the correct documentation. I do it myself so I know it was done correctly and the car doesn't have further issues. It's not good running 2 quarts low and would definitely ensure there is an item of record for your car's improper service at this point. I would guess you'd be 1.5 quarts low if they put 8 quarts in. If it was a short drive and you weren't getting on it, I wouldn't be too worried.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Schnikeys! $33 for a $5 filter? 8 qts only put it? Leaking oil? I would never go back to that place. The only worse thing that could've happened is a joy ride by the tech. Geez man.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
2 qts low isn't going to hurt it unless you have been hammering it really hard. My 500 HP 1966 427 Corvette runs only 6 quarts and the engine was built over 30 years ago. My 67 440 GTX only runs 5 qts.
Sponsored