Sponsored

Oil Pump Gears

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Is there something to be worried about with the oil pump gears on these cars?

I'll be honest, I haven't been around a lot of the modern Ford's and spent most of my time around the LS GM setups and I know what goes wrong on those cars.

I really like the car, and would rather not wait til it breaks and hope Ford fixes it.

Like the LS7 and their exhaust valve issues.....is this something to be worried about or just limited cases in a few unlucky customers?
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You could also look at it this way.....if you swap-out the OPG and/or TG on an otherwise stock engine and you have a engine related failure, pretty good chance you will get declined by Ford for swapping-out the parts. My personal opinion would be to drive it as-is until the warranty expires and then change them out if you're still concerned.

The shop that put the S/C on my GT did not recommend swapping the OPG, even with the blower, though they gladly would have taken my money. They said they'd never had a car come in with a broken OPG that wasn't a dedicated race car. Many on here would say I'm nuts for not swapping it out......opinions obviously vary.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is there something to be worried about with the oil pump gears on these cars?

... I really like the car, and would rather not wait til it breaks and hope Ford fixes it.

Like the LS7 and their exhaust valve issues.....is this something to be worried about or just limited cases in a few unlucky customers?
good question. Leave your power train stock and Ford will warranty if there is a failure.
Sponsored