Oil and filter change

OP
OP

Kenbike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT convertible loaded
My new Quickjack 7000 showed up and lifted the car, these are going to be great for oil changes, tires and detailing.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Have the same one, Ken, and other than the time it takes to setup, it's a very handy device. MOF, the car just told me it was time for some fresh erl yesterday. (Pretty sure I forgot to reset the monitor last time but she's due by my meter so I'll get tuit Real Soon Now. :-)

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Just a warning to any driveway warriors doing their first 5.0 oil change, that oil comes out FAST. My catch can is the type where it drain down from the top and the Mustangs mighty stream overwhelmed the little hole and made a MESS on my ep henry driveway.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Just a warning to any driveway warriors doing their first 5.0 oil change, that oil comes out FAST.
It sure does, Fred. I got lucky having a big one for the F250 the first time I did the Predator motor. When you have nearly double the volume of oil subject to good old gravity, the pressure is also a lot higher.

Sorry about the driveway, I hate getting it on the porous concrete as it takes a whole lot more effort to get out the stain. Good luck.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just a warning to any driveway warriors doing their first 5.0 oil change, that oil comes out FAST. My catch can is the type where it drain down from the top and the Mustangs mighty stream overwhelmed the little hole and made a MESS on my ep henry driveway.
I highly recommend a Fumoto valve, makes oil changes so easy!

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Ditto what Evolvd said!

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I highly recommend a Fumoto valve, makes oil changes so easy!
Had one on my WRX and never liked how it hung off the oil pan. Ended up going back to the factory plug style. Gonna get one of the UPR metal drain plugs with the magnet next oil change.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Had one on my WRX and never liked how it hung off the oil pan. Ended up going back to the factory plug style. Gonna get one of the UPR metal drain plugs with the magnet next oil change.
The one I have doesn’t hang low and the outlet sits just a bit higher than the belly pan. But, it’s also for a Shelby so I can’t speak for other models.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, B, forgot to mention that small but important factoid. It also prevents oil from the belly pan.

Gonna get one of the UPR metal drain plugs with the magnet next oil change.
Fumoto should consider this idea. I always liked having a "Chip light" in some of the aircraft I've flown. Not really an issue with turbojets but it is for turboprops and piston engines.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I third that emotion, make it much easier with a smaller orifice that doesn't explode with a 3/4" stream and no trying to find the oil pan plug. :-)

This will control the oil flood, never spill a drop again
IMG_1165.jpeg

Quick Jack friendly

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My 17 GT sits for almost 5 months a year. Get an oil change every season ~1k miles. Pump the tires up, n change out oil when your ready to take her out. With the frequency of oil changes I do, im not worried about sludge/ contaminents letting the car sit. Put it on a tender and let her rest

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Fumoto is above the belly pan. Blue clip is the safety lock. Just attach a hose, put it in your drain pan, remove the blue clip, lift the lever up out of it's locked position and rotate to open. It is as mess free as you can get. I have a black vinyl cap on the hose barb to keep everything squeaky clean.

20210530_205943.jpg

Last edited:

TeamGomez

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.centripetalsolutions.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'18 350, 996 GT-3, 330 ZHP, E46 M3, SQ5, Tundra
We discovered magnesium oil pumps in 993 3.6 l engines were getting hammered by sulfuric acid...did some homework and discovered that the sulfur dioxide released by gasoline combustion slowly forms sulfur trioxide, which reacts with water to form sulfuric acid. I would always ensure to drive to op temp b/f parking and if that cannot be done, I wouldn't let a car sit with contaminated oil over the winter. YMMV.
Sponsored