Not open for further replies.

ah64aviator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
It’s been $105 for a while but unfortunately the price is going up to $110/shipped to include rising costs of plastic and the shipping. You’ll understand why it’s totally worth it when you use it for the first time. American designed, American made, and the proceeds go to fun stuff…. Like sponsoring this howitzer shell for the Ukrainian army :)

I’d give anyone their money back if they didn’t absolutely love it. To date, I’ve never had a single person ask. To be honest, I made it for me because I was tired of all the mess from oil changes. It just so happens others get to benefit :)

Ukrainian Shell .JPG
Well, for a good cause, why not?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Do the funnels work on both the 500 and 350?

I have the filter part, I just need the funnel for both cars.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Do the funnels work on both the 500 and 350?

I have the filter part, I just need the funnel for both cars.
Unfortunately they’re different oil adding funnels.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Will these work for just a pleb level GT? Also what's all included?

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Will these work for just a pleb level GT? Also what's all included?
The oil adding funnel works on the GT, not the oil filter guide. The price is $60 shipped for the twist to lock funnel and dust caps for the top and bottom. If you end up putting in a request for one, I’ll need to know if your oil cap is mounted flat on top of the beauty cover (premiums I think) or if it’s mounted at a 45 on the valve cover.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The oil adding funnel works on the GT, not the oil filter guide. The price is $60 shipped for the twist to lock funnel and dust caps for the top and bottom. If you end up putting in a request for one, I’ll need to know if your oil cap is mounted flat on top of the beauty cover (premiums I think) or if it’s mounted at a 45 on the valve cover.
Do you make something to guide that cascade of old oil spilled out while removing oil pan plug?

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Do you make something to guide that cascade of old oil spilled out while removing oil pan plug?
I don’t, but it seems like the spillage can be greatly minimized with good technique. Most of the problem with making gadgets to contain oil are finding good attach points on the car that are easy to utilize.

Never say never, but there aren’t any plans currently to address the oil pan oil. Next in line is the Mach 1 oil filter guide…. And that could be a while.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I
I don’t, but it seems like the spillage can be greatly minimized with good technique. Most of the problem with making gadgets to contain oil are finding good attach points on the car that are easy to utilize.

Never say never, but there aren’t any plans currently to address the oil pan oil. Next in line is the Mach 1 oil filter guide…. And that could be a while.
I'm about to do my 1st oil change, so I was just wondering from others posts how bad it is. Idk what the filter guide does besides the name which explains it lol

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I

I'm about to do my 1st oil change, so I was just wondering from others posts how bad it is. Idk what the filter guide does besides the name which explains it lol
Just loosen the oil pan drain while applying pressure towards the oil pan. Once you feel it’s fully loose, give it a quick yank towards the back of the car and you’ll be good. Just make sure you position the oil drain pan far enough back to catch the initial stream which will go 12-18 inches or so back from the exit point.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just loosen the oil pan drain while applying pressure towards the oil pan. Once you feel it’s fully loose, give it a quick yank towards the back of the car and you’ll be good. Just make sure you position the oil drain pan far enough back to catch the initial stream which will go 12-18 inches or so back from the exit point.
Cool thank you!

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Vic: I use one of the Fumoto Valves (so the plug doesn't have to be removed every time,) and it drains sensibly, not in a torrent like the opening in the oil pan. No issues and it hangs above the underbody cover.

1672561347540.png

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
All,
I’m officially taking orders again for oil filter guides and funnels. Feel free to send me a PM if you’d like to be added to the queue.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Happy New Year! Any progress on Mach 1 parts?

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Happy New Year! Any progress on Mach 1 parts?
Thanks. You too!

Unfortunately not. I’m hoping to pick that project back up in a few months when I get settled in a little more at the new house. I’m going to try and be realistic….. mayyyyyybe summer? We’ve gone through 8 different prototypes at this point, but none of them have been 100% perfect. The mechanism to hold the oil filter guide in place for the M1 is a harder nut to crack compared to the Shelby’s. The last thing I want is to sell and ship something that only works well if you don’t bump it, or hold it a certain way so it stays in place…. Or whatever.

Sorry it’s been taking so long.

-Jon

Bigdogmark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
22 Eruption Green GT500 CFTP
Thanks. You too!

Unfortunately not. I’m hoping to pick that project back up in a few months when I get settled in a little more at the new house. I’m going to try and be realistic….. mayyyyyybe summer? We’ve gone through 8 different prototypes at this point, but none of them have been 100% perfect. The mechanism to hold the oil filter guide in place for the M1 is a harder nut to crack compared to the Shelby’s. The last thing I want is to sell and ship something that only works well if you don’t bump it, or hold it a certain way so it stays in place…. Or whatever.

Sorry it’s been taking so long.

-Jon
Please add me to the list for both parts please for a 500

Thanks
Mark
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.