StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Any news??? :D Thx.
I didn't get to it this weekend. It was 2nd on my to do list on the car. But my first task was to get my tweeters replaced and that didn't go well and I got pissed off and had to just stop for the day. Today is another day and will try again after work.

jimharrell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Since I have upgraded to 3.4 (and I did a master reset after), at least once every car ride, the bluetooth disconnects from my phone. This never happened once with 3.3.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I also got a weird message yesterday when I open the door after going to Home Depot (car was locked), something to preserve battery life, like the one I got 45 minutes after I had the ignition on to load the 1.19 maps again. That was weird. My battery is new, and was fully charged, so can't be related to that. Oh, and couldn't lock or unlock the car from the passenger side for the first time; maybe because the sun (108 yesterday) was hitting the handle? Hope so. Also noticed my HVAC vent distribution is resetting itself now. I used to have it in both dash and floor, since fan is quite powerful. Now it reverts to dash only. Will try re-programming the memory buttons and see if that changes anything.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn't get to it this weekend.
Okay, I'll play with it then. Have a few questions hope you can answer, before I start. But before that, the 'quick boot' code you posted is an IPC code, which removes the Mustang animation from the digital dash. For a quick boot of the center screen we need an APIM code, like the ones for the theme, etc (7D0). Now, to my questions:
Code #1: That's suposed to be related to the theme, so maybe that's the color of the screen, which is precisely what at least I'm trying to accomplish, no? I'll probably start with that, and see if that changes the color.
Code #2: Those are animations only, apparently. But what about the last 2, which happen to be Lincolns, but show no animation. Do they have any???
Code #3: These are 'visual design variants'. What the hell is that? Need to pull the codes from my car first, to see what it has, since with the Sync 3.4 update, I'm sure my factory as-built settings changed (will also check that). Thanks brother.

EDIT: Just checked my original as-built data, and on code#3, I had xxxx x1, so Ford timeless. And you reported xxxx x4 for Sync 3.4, which is Ford New Blue GT. So looks like that's all we need to change for the color :). The other Ford options are 0,1,and 6. It' possible with 0 we can change highlighter menu choice colors. With 1, it should look like Sync 3.3, since that's what my car had... which would be MUCH better than that crappy blue. But will play with all 3 alternative Ford settings, and see which one I like best :D. Will report results after I play with it.

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
To enable Lincoln black theme:
First line has to be set to Lincoln (8)
Leave Mustang animation as is (6)
Lincoln Timeless is the only code that worked to change the theme (2)

So here's the nitty gritty if you are sick of the blue theme and prefer a more black and grey with beige being the highlight color.
7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx
7D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxxx
7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx

After your APIM restarts you can go to display settings and chose NIGHT mode. Go look at the background colors and pick your favorite shade of darkness. One thing I did notice is the toggle option for mobile apps seems to be turned off. Android Auto works just fine.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
SUCCESS, people :D. Got the calm screen, Lincoln MY20 gray theme, and the Pony animation screen, so car looks 100% stock, just like I wanted. Had to play with the freaking code#3 settings, since they're all shuffled, until finally the only gray theme was #2. Maybe the change to Lincoln brand wasn't needed, since I chose several Ford themes inadvertently, with no problems, but left it there. So here are my changes I made:

APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx To change to Lincoln, and be able to choose Lincoln themes
APIM 7D0-02-03 xCxx xx To enable calm screen on display menu
APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx To enable Lincoln MY20 gray theme

One of you can try just the last 2 settings, and let us know if it works (it should). Hope this helps gang.
JC

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
SUCCESS, people :D. Got the calm screen, Lincoln MY20 gray theme, and the Pony animation screen, so car looks 100% stock, just like I wanted. Had to play with the freaking code#3 settings, since they're all shuffled, until finally the only gray theme was #2. Maybe the change to Lincoln brand wasn't needed, since I chose several Ford themes inadvertently, with no problems, but left it there. So here are my changes I made:

APIM 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx To change to Lincoln, and be able to choose Lincoln themes
APIM 7D0-02-03 xCxx xx To enable calm screen on display menu
APIM 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx To enable Lincoln MY20 gray theme

One of you can try just the last 2 settings, and let us know if it works (it should). Hope this helps gang.
JC
You have to set the 7D0-01-02 to 8xxx xxxx xxxx otherwise it reverts back to the blue theme again.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So you tried it without the 8? If that's the case, I won't mess with it anymore, but the Ford themes worked fine while on 8, so figure the opposite would be true as well. Maybe not. That could rectify the mobile apps issue to mentioned, but to be honest, I don't even know we had that option. Ha ha. That's weird that Lincoln doesn't have it over Ford. Will check my car next time I use it (in settings, right?). By the way, #2 on code3 is 'Lincoln MY20', not Lincoln timeless (check your theme under testing settings). As I mentioned, the codes are all shuffled compared to the F-150 spreadsheet you posted (I have it too). Oh, and my car had #1 on code3, not #4, like you reported. Are you in the US? But both are blue, so not interested anyway. Ha ha.

Hey, what does the background does? And does it only function in night mode? Didn't mess with that. The theme looks basically all gray, so will probably leave it like that... unless it looks better in night mode. Did you leave it in night mode?

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So you tried it without the 8? If that's the case, I won't mess with it anymore, but the Ford themes worked fine while on 8, so figure the opposite would be true as well. Maybe not. That could rectify the mobile apps issue to mentioned, but to be honest, I don't even know we had that option. Ha ha. That's weird that Lincoln doesn't have it over Ford. Will check my car next time I use it (in settings, right?). By the way, #2 on code3 is 'Lincoln MY20', not Lincoln timeless (check your theme under testing settings). As I mentioned, the codes are all shuffled compared to the F-150 spreadsheet you posted (I have it too). Oh, and my car had #1 on code3, not #4, like you reported. Are you in the US? But both are blue, so not interested anyway. Ha ha.

Hey, what does the background does? And does it only function in night mode? Didn't mess with that. The theme looks basically all gray, so will probably leave it like that... unless it looks better in night mode. Did you leave it in night mode?
I tried the following:
I started with 7D0-03-01 xxxx x5xx xxxx and still blue.
Then I set 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx and still blue.
Then I set 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx and got the dark theme.
I honestly can't recall if I went back and changed 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx back to 0 (Ford) to see. I was too stoked to see I had enabled the black theme.
So I left 7D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxxx as it was from factory with Mustang animation.

I thought I read on the F150 forum that this theme also disabled mobile apps toggle for them. Something to do with this feature not being included on Lincolns. No big deal. Never used that option anyway.

Mine is a Canadian car. As built came with code 4 for "Blue GT" as per the F-150 spreadsheet. If that's even the correct description.
So where did you see that code 7D0-03-01 xxxx x2xx xxxx is Lincoln MY20 ? I didn't see anything in the test settings indicating the themes were numbered.

I drove a bit last night with the darkest background set (you can choose 1 of 4 colors) and the brightness turned down a few notches as it was too bright in the dark. You can only change the brightness when the headlights are on. If you turn the headlights off the screen palette automatically reduces the contrast and increases the brightness for better daytime visibility. I set my gauge color to white to match the text on the screen. I really like it!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The reason why 7D0-03-01 with xxxx x5 was blue (xxxx x6 is also Ford blue), is because it's 'Ford MY20', which is blue. Remember I told you not to pay attention to the spreadsheet colors; are all wrong for our cars. The only gray theme is xxxx x2 (but the theme name in the spreadsheet is brown). As far as telling which color that is, just go to the testing settings, and it'll say which theme you have (Lincoln MY20, for #2); that's why I know :D. That's why I also know what the 5, 6, etc. are, since every change I was making was still blue, so checked what name theme it was.

At any rate, I'd go back and change the 8 back to 0, and see if the mobile apps come back :). And the gray Lincoln theme stays. Just like I suggested before making any changes, I'm almost sure there's no need for the 8, but only one way to find out. Ha ha. Hope it works.

So the background color only works for night mode? Didn't know that. Did you leave night mode on permanently, or was just playing with it?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So the background color only works for night mode? Didn't know that. Did you leave night mode on permanently, or was just playing with it?
Night and day mode uses the same selection of the background, but the day mode colors are lighter than the night versions. Just go with night mode. It's the best option IMO.
I need to enable calm screen. While I'm doing that I will try setting 7D0-01-02 8xxx xxxx xxxx to 0 to see if it reverts back to blue theme.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
aaaIMG_0004.jpg
It won’t mess up anything as long as you select the correct downloads. If your u it is EU you need to select EU maps(F8) and NOT NA. For further assistance I suggest going over to the Cyanlabs forum.
So, what I was afraid of happened... GOt stuck during install despite the fact all files were verified and OK... URGENT help requested as I am stuck in the update start screen on my display....

aaaIMG_9994.jpg
aaaIMG_0005.jpg
aaaIMG_0002.jpg

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
I recently used Cyanlabs and did not have that issue. they do have a forum and a discord board in which you can ask questions. There's some intelligent people on here, but you might be better off asking Cyanlabs? maybe? not sure

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Looks like gracenote files did not copy to usb. Format the usb. Redo the process. Before loading usb on car check that 14G381, 386, 391, 423. Are on the usb. Also, you don’t have NAV right? For further assistance I suggest going over to the Cyanlabs forum.