Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Your APIM (?) shows you have the newest files though, right? I haven't updated mine yet but it's ready to go as soon as I get home. Mine's stuck on 1 17 so don't feel bad!

OP
OP

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Your APIM (?) shows you have the newest files though, right? I haven't updated mine yet but it's ready to go as soon as I get home. Mine's stuck on 1 17 so don't feel bad!
Yeah the system updates, the files are correct...but still shows the wrong map version. Even after a master reset.

Added this to the first post.

I really wish the installs of these files was more straight forward with feedback to the user with proper display text,screens, prompts and a progress bar.
If it legit needs to reboot, it shouldn't tell you the update is done and remove the stick. This caused the map update issues when people pulled it too soon.
Now the problem is the system reboots when i'm guessing it shouldn't. It should stay on the 'pull usb' instead of rebooting, and then initiating the install over and over again. (missing delay in the autoinstall.lst file)

Hopefully UoMEng can shed some light.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i havent checked..

after i was reassured multiple times by support, i just kind of took their word for it.. and considering i had to remove the original navigation, and reinstall it from 1.19 media. i just assumed, logically, that i had 1.19

you know what they say about assuming things.. but looks like ford is just making an ass out of me :giggle:

EDIT: oh, and @Nexus thanks for updating the original post with tip/tricks/other relevant info. :thumbsup: if this thread becomes 40+ pages like the map thread.. it will help a lot

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, just finished install after reloading my USB stick. Super easy. After 16 minutes got the update complete screen. I pulled the USB and the screen want black. A minute or two later it rebooted by itself and I had 3.4. Just getting gas and heading out to try maps again. Wish me luck!

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Tried doing it over Wi-Fi with car not running. Didn't finish before it shut down to save battery.

Will do it via USB later. Good excuse to go for a spin!
Just curious. When I try OTA Scan for Updates, I get the spinning wheel for about 10 seconds, and then nothing. No message. Is that normal, or should I get some kind of message after the wheel stops spinning?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Yeah the system updates, the files are correct...but still shows the wrong map version. Even after a master reset.

Added this to the first post.

I really wish the installs of these files was more straight forward with feedback to the user with proper display text,screens, prompts and a progress bar.
If it legit needs to reboot, it shouldn't tell you the update is done and remove the stick. This caused the map update issues when people pulled it too soon.
Now the problem is the system reboots when i'm guessing it shouldn't. It should stay on the 'pull usb' instead of rebooting, and then initiating the install over and over again. (missing delay in the autoinstall.lst file)

Hopefully UoMEng can shed some light.
It seems to update that version string when a map update is run with v3.4. If you go from v3.3 -> v3.4, the string is still incorrect. RE: map update - it will auto restart 2 times, the sit on the install complete screen when it is actually done (the delay option). If you pull it in an interim step, you'll end up with a partial install.

Just curious. When I try OTA Scan for Updates, I get the spinning wheel for about 10 seconds, and then nothing. No message. Is that normal, or should I get some kind of message after the wheel stops spinning?
I don't believe OTA is turned on for v3.4 yet. Go the USB route.

Other note - If you have a MY20 and you're updating, check that you're getting a voice pack (14G391) as it seems some downloads are not being pushed that file at the moment. 14G391-BL for Non-Nav, 14G391-CL for Nav.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
It seems to update that version string when a map update is run with v3.4. If you go from v3.3 -> v3.4, the string is still incorrect. RE: map update - it will auto restart 2 times, the sit on the install complete screen when it is actually done (the delay option). If you pull it in an interim step, you'll end up with a partial install.

I don't believe OTA is turned on for v3.4 yet. Go the USB route.

Other note - If you have a MY20 and you're updating, check that you're getting a voice pack (14G391) as it seems some downloads are not being pushed that file at the moment. 14G391-BL for Non-Nav, 14G391-CL for Nav.
Thank you for your response. At this point, based on the myriad of problems I had getting the voice commands reinstalled by my dealer, I don’t see the need to install 3.4, followed by reinstalling the maps. Too much potential pain for very little gain. Disappointing but, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” seems to be the prudent approach for Ford updates.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I pulled out (lol) checked the drive. Look at this:

hw4hwGq.png

The log in each folder says:

"
InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated
"

I think it's because I did CyanLabs a few weeks ago lol. oh well.
This is because the amount of times the system rebooted after completing the install(s). In other words, your system was already updated but the cycle started over because the USB was still inserted.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
It seems this update, unlike the NAV update process, does not take to long. 15-20 tops. And again, unlike the NAV update process, after the system says "update complete remove USB" and then it restarts, one must remove the USB. otherwise you will be starting the process all over.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
It seems this update, unlike the NAV update process, does not take to long. 15-20 tops. And again, unlike the NAV update process, after the system says "update complete remove USB" and then it restarts, one must remove the USB. otherwise you will be starting the process all over.
It shouldn't take too long. Non-Nav, I believe, may have the single automatic restart halfway through as the Non-Nav voice pack is so large it usually has to go through the delete Gracenotes, install Voice, restart, install Apps, re-install Gracenotes, generate XML.

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
@el-guapin do my files/versions indicate 3.4 sync and 1.19 maps?

Uxbgt0saP-dJc_-g32SjpMZxYyBd0gFO4h2F9HLoMK6pnCJzyv0chqrfEnTW0mvxRBg-F05q=w727-h969-no?authuser=0.jpg

EDIT: geesh my car is dusty... :crackup:

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
So you removed the USB after you saw the first “update complete”?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So all done. As mentioned before 3.4 was a breeze. Then loaded up maps 1.19. 1st reboot at 30 minutes, 2nd at 1 hour and 1:30 it was all done. The journey was a little bumpy but the destination was worth it. Good luck to all of you still needing to do it.