Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Dang it. I guess I was one of the people that pulled the flash drive out early as I just tried it over lunch break and it says that it's not avaialable.
I started during my drive and let it continue for total of 1.25hrs and that was still not enough... :facepalm:
It seems to really vary for whatever reason. Mine usually takes 50 minutes, but I've heard 2 hours. Remember to ignore those first couple pop-ups saying it's "done". SYNC will restart itself and keep going. Once it's actually done, the pop-up will stick on screen until you acknowledge it. Then, give it a good 2-3 minutes off to make sure it does a full cold boot.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It seems to really vary for whatever reason. Mine usually takes 50 minutes, but I've heard 2 hours. Remember to ignore those first couple pop-ups saying it's "done". SYNC will restart itself and keep going. Once it's actually done, the pop-up will stick on screen until you acknowledge it. Then, give it a good 2-3 minutes off to make sure it does a full cold boot.
For sure it varies. Right, thanks for the feedback.
I've done plenty of updates successfully and they usually finish on my commute home. On this one I forgot to plug it in until halfway in my commute, so car idled in the garage without me seeing the screen. Then about an hour later and a 3/4 bottle of red wine I remembered my car was still idling, :crackup: so I went and shut it off and pulled the stick. I guess that was too early.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can someone post an image of the most current SYNC version and it's "dark" mode? Is it all funky blue colors instead of black/gray?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
How does one enable this mode?

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I prefer the lincoln theme. But you need forscan for that.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I prefer the lincoln theme. But you need forscan for that.
So I was trying to play around with this yesterday. Is it true that you can’t have the Lincoln theme and also the Ford performance splash screen? Also, does the FordPass app on my phone still work if using the Lincoln theme, or do I need to get the Lincoln equivalent? Or nothing since there is not a Lincoln mustang?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So I was trying to play around with this yesterday. Is it true that you can’t have the Lincoln theme and also the Ford performance splash screen? Also, does the FordPass app on my phone still work if using the Lincoln theme, or do I need to get the Lincoln equivalent? Or nothing since there is not a Lincoln mustang?
Your first question has come up before. You either have Lincoln or Ford, not both. On the second your car is a Ford with a Ford VIN number. That's what FordPass connects to. Nothing to do with you Sync screen.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Your first question has come up before. You either have Lincoln or Ford, not both. On the second your car is a Ford with a Ford VIN number. That's what FordPass connects to. Nothing to do with you Sync screen.
When I briefly played with it yesterday with forscan I changed to the Lincoln theme and got a prompt on my phone that I needed to get an app on my phone from the App Store which I dismissed, so I wasn’t sure if that meant the car was not going to continue talking to the FordPass app. So I changed it back. I don’t have a telematics module, so it’s USB only for FordPass on my car (and maybe Bluetooth). I may try it again and see how it goes for a few days. I like the Ford performance splash screen but wish it didn’t have the snake and just the words. Wasn’t sure if there was a work around to get the Lincoln theme and the Ford performance both.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
When I briefly played with it yesterday with forscan I changed to the Lincoln theme and got a prompt on my phone that I needed to get an app on my phone from the App Store which I dismissed, so I wasn’t sure if that meant the car was not going to continue talking to the FordPass app. So I changed it back. I don’t have a telematics module, so it’s USB only for FordPass on my car (and maybe Bluetooth). I may try it again and see how it goes for a few days. I like the Ford performance splash screen but wish it didn’t have the snake and just the words. Wasn’t sure if there was a work around to get the Lincoln theme and the Ford performance both.
As far as the splash screen, this has been discuss for over 5 years now. Unfortunately the answer is no. You have the choices you have and that's it. :frown:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the blue colors on the darkest theme in the newest versions of Sync. Doesn’t match the digital dash display at all.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I hate the blue colors on the darkest theme in the newest versions of Sync. Doesn’t match the digital dash display at all.
By matching, you mean the font?
If you have digital dash, you can set it to all blue (or create your own color dark blue, it looks great actually) and then you'll have it matching, ish...

From what I can remember from earlier posts, Lincoln theme is gold-ish, that DEF won't match.