Sponsored

OEM Differential Oil Cooler Install

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
....... So your going to have to find a Track pack 2016 to find the right codes in PCM EEC. We know the address range of both of those controllers......
I think we have those addresses based on the work that [MENTION=21788]Tank[/MENTION] and others have done. But why a 2016 track pack instead of the 2017 convenience pack that we also have data for?

My way of thinking is that the only difference b/w a 2016 tech and 2017 convenience is the trans/diff cooling and some updates to speakers etc. Seems like the differences in codes for 2016 tech and 2017 convenience should more quickly show the PWM pump info, if it is discoverable using FORSCAN.

Maybe a comparison of all three would help?
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
my thoughts are the 2016 had it as option so a comparison between a base and track as-built would only be the magnaride, and two coolers. The tech16/conv17 have all sorts of other stuff. Also did we find address's in the ECM. The ECM causes limp mode. Base cars monitor the tranny, track cars monitor tranny and diff. Can the forscan make changes in ECM? Tranny cooler runs all the time so no logic involved. Diff cooler runs on demand, we don't know if it is variable speed or fixed. my guess is both the PCM ECM have different thresholds. PCM turns on pump at 300' limp maybe 320'. Interesting two controllers monitoring same sensor.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my bet we don't figure this out, maybe we can diff temp to show on display. But will end up adding a switch to run the pump. may even have to add a circuit to make square wave signal for speed

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
As Built Comparison program from Forscan Blog

Hey folks,

A member on the Forscan forum, Clockwork, has developed an As Built Comparison tool.

Clockwork's tool can be found here: http://www.compulsivecode.com/Project_AsBuiltCompare.aspx

The thread on the Forscan forum can be found here:
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2012

I am by no means an expert so I wanted to throw this out to all to try to figure out. It's a pretty neat program that ties into Ford Etis, as built and html data.
The three VINS I have been using are:
1FA6P8JZ4G5520965 - 16 Tech
1FA6P8JZ7G5520586 - 16 Track
1FA6P8JZ0H5522939 - 17 Convenience

Clockwork tells me the more VINS the better as this will weed out coincidental data.

I've compared the as built differences with my manual work and this program caught all. If other's are interested in discussing this more, we might want to start another thread....

Last edited:

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Anybody have a p/n for the track/R diff cover?

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody made any progress on getting an OEM pump to run on the bench even?

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
any word on a ford diff cooler upgrade?

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spacecitypanteras.com
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
20 GT350R LR217, 2017 Raptor, 20 720S, 71 Pantera
I am finally getting back to this project and have some time off due to Harvey...
Not nice for Houston.

Could you post a picture of where you brought the diff temp sensor wires through?
I have the back seat out, but where exactly is C406 andC408?

Thanks,
Kirby

Sponsored
OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
PS:
I have the Track Pack harness installed, so I thought if I found the 'other side' of C406 or C408...
My issue is physically locating either of those.
Thanks.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Do you mean that you added the entire track pack harness from the front kick panel area to the rear of the car, or did you just add the harness at the differential area? If the latter, you won't find a connector since our tech pack cars don't have the harness.

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean that you added the entire track pack harness from the front kick panel area to the rear of the car, or did you just add the harness at the differential area? If the latter, you won't find a connector since our tech pack cars don't have the harness.
I am aware the Tech Pack harness not having the wires.
I actually started this thread. :)

I am running the wires from the kick panel back to the sensor.
Got the kick panel plug, just looking for the plug that connects to the Track Pack harness in back that I added.
It's connector C406 or C408
Can't find them physically.

Thanks,
Kirby

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I am aware the Tech Pack harness not having the wires.
I actually started this thread. :)

I am running the wires from the kick panel back to the sensor.
Got the kick panel plug, just looking for the plug that connects to the Track Pack harness in back that I added.
It's connector C406 or C408
Can't find them physically.

Thanks,
Kirby
I just want to say that I am jealous of the cars in your signature... and to let us know if you get that to work. I would love to get the sensor to work in the instrument cluster.

OP
OP
kgschrader

kgschrader

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Kirby
Vehicle(s)
I just want to say that I am jealous of the cars in your signature... and to let us know if you get that to work. I would love to get the sensor to work in the instrument cluster.
Thanks to jwb, tank and others, much of the physical hardware you need to get the sensor to work is listed. I've got the wire from the kick panel installed in the plug and have run it back to the left side rear seat, but I am struggling to locate the two rear plugs, C406 and C408.

Since I have the Track Pack rear harness, cooler, etc. all installed, the sensor wire should at least be coming to C406 and maybe C408.

Tap into those with my two wires and it should show up on the display. I already activated both the trans sensor and the diff sensor with Forscan.

Thanks for the complement on the cars. They do keep you busy though...

Kirby
Sponsored