OBDII Oil preassure PID?

Discussion in 'Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by Zitrosounds, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Harold
    Vehicle(s):
    16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
    0   0   0
    I am using OBDLink software with OBDII MX. Both my GT350 and the R have oil pressure displayed in the center info screen on the dash. I am trying to create a gauge within the OBDLINK software to reflect oil pressure. However I cant seem to find a OBDII PID for oil pressure. Anybody have a clue or been down this road already? search results cam back zippo! I also have FORSCAN but I haven't searched there yet.

Thanks in advance,

Harold,

2. honeybadger

honeybadger Just don't care

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    in for an answer on this as well. Wanted to add it as a custom channel to my data capture

Zitrosounds likes this.
  3. Tank

Tank 9/11 - Never Forget

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    G0853 9/11 - Never Forget
    0   0   0
    #3 Tank, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    What device are you trying to display this on?
    Seems like the Torque (Pro) app is compatible with the ODBII MX (not a 100% on this though) and the Torque App seems to be customizable where the OBDLink app is not. It’s only available for Android.

I’m working on doing this for an IPhone and am stumbling against compatibility issues. If I find more info that could help you, I’ll post here.

Good Luck!

Zitrosounds likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Zitrosounds

First Name:
    Harold
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    So! I am now able to see all the sensors on the 350. Seems that certain PID's are proprietary to manufacturers and requires licensing purchase. Within the OBDlink app I purchased the license for both my truck and the R. And VOILA!!! Now, I can see the sensors in FORSCAN but the interface and the gauges are horrid! This is why I was looking for PID's. I am currently using OBDlink as the guages are customizable and familiar to look at. I am up for recommendations of other software. As for video and overlay I use racechrono pro. Maybe one day I will play with the big boys and buy a MOTEC dash dataloger like Kevin ; ) Screenshot_20190228-070705.jpg

5. Tank

Tank 9/11 - Never Forget

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    G0853 9/11 - Never Forget
    0   0   0
    Congrats @Zitrosounds !!!

Yeah, those displays look like something out of the ‘70s :crackup:

Thanks for the update. Did you get the Engine Oil Pressure up as you originally wanted?

I did some digging last night and it seems, if you’re using an ios device, OBD Fusion allows for customizable and enhanced PIDs.

6. OP
    OP
    Zitrosounds

First Name:
    Harold
    Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Yes. I found the PID's specific to Ford and had the Oil pressure up. But I decided on running the dash oil pressure display on the center console and will use my phone for coolant temp, oil temp, fuel rail pressure and fuel pressure. I may just end up using a larger display like a small tablet so that I can have the items mentioned and trans and diff temp. It is easier to see the needle in the color bands and a gauge than having to focus on text while on track. My first event for the season is on 23MAR and I should have all this set by then. I will share my display set up and software used when I finish the configuration.

Tank likes this.
  7. Andy13186

Andy13186 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT 10speed
    0   0   0
    What were the PIDS?