OBDII Oil preassure PID?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I am using OBDLink software with OBDII MX. Both my GT350 and the R have oil pressure displayed in the center info screen on the dash. I am trying to create a gauge within the OBDLINK software to reflect oil pressure. However I cant seem to find a OBDII PID for oil pressure. Anybody have a clue or been down this road already? search results cam back zippo! I also have FORSCAN but I haven't searched there yet.

Thanks in advance,

Harold,
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
in for an answer on this as well. Wanted to add it as a custom channel to my data capture

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I am using OBDLink software with OBDII MX. Both my GT350 and the R have oil pressure displayed in the center info screen on the dash. I am trying to create a gauge within the OBDLINK software to reflect oil pressure. However I cant seem to find a OBDII PID for oil pressure. Anybody have a clue or been down this road already? search results cam back zippo! I also have FORSCAN but I haven't searched there yet.

Thanks in advance,

Harold,
What device are you trying to display this on?
Seems like the Torque (Pro) app is compatible with the ODBII MX (not a 100% on this though) and the Torque App seems to be customizable where the OBDLink app is not. Itā€™s only available for Android.

Iā€™m working on doing this for an IPhone and am stumbling against compatibility issues. If I find more info that could help you, Iā€™ll post here.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
So! I am now able to see all the sensors on the 350. Seems that certain PID's are proprietary to manufacturers and requires licensing purchase. Within the OBDlink app I purchased the license for both my truck and the R. And VOILA!!! Now, I can see the sensors in FORSCAN but the interface and the gauges are horrid! This is why I was looking for PID's. I am currently using OBDlink as the guages are customizable and familiar to look at. I am up for recommendations of other software. As for video and overlay I use racechrono pro. Maybe one day I will play with the big boys and buy a MOTEC dash dataloger like Kevin ; )
Screenshot_20190228-070705.jpg

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Congrats @Zitrosounds !!!

Yeah, those displays look like something out of the ā€˜70s :crackup:

Thanks for the update. Did you get the Engine Oil Pressure up as you originally wanted?

I did some digging last night and it seems, if youā€™re using an ios device, OBD Fusion allows for customizable and enhanced PIDs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zitrosounds

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Congrats @Zitrosounds !!!
Yeah, those displays look like something out of the ā€˜70s :crackup:
Thanks for the update. Did you get the Engine Oil Pressure up as you originally wanted?
I did some digging last night and it seems, if youā€™re using an ios device, OBD Fusion allows for customizable and enhanced PIDs.
Yes. I found the PID's specific to Ford and had the Oil pressure up. But I decided on running the dash oil pressure display on the center console and will use my phone for coolant temp, oil temp, fuel rail pressure and fuel pressure. I may just end up using a larger display like a small tablet so that I can have the items mentioned and trans and diff temp. It is easier to see the needle in the color bands and a gauge than having to focus on text while on track. My first event for the season is on 23MAR and I should have all this set by then. I will share my display set up and software used when I finish the configuration.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Yes. I found the PID's specific to Ford and had the Oil pressure up. But I decided on running the dash oil pressure display on the center console and will use my phone for coolant temp, oil temp, fuel rail pressure and fuel pressure. I may just end up using a larger display like a small tablet so that I can have the items mentioned and trans and diff temp. It is easier to see the needle in the color bands and a gauge than having to focus on text while on track. My first event for the season is on 23MAR and I should have all this set by then. I will share my display set up and software used when I finish the configuration.
What were the PIDS?

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
OP, would you share the PIDs you found? Thx.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads