OBD Readiness Check Failing

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Last month and the car has about 440 miles on it since the last flash. I drive the car every day... But I only live about 5-10 min from work
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Reload stock tune to turn on all your sensors, install spacers, and cross your fingers.

After that, do more research about what you can and can't do for mods that affect emissions testing in your state.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Reload stock tune to turn on all your sensors, install spacers, and cross your fingers.

After that, do more research about what you can and can't do for mods that affect emissions testing in your state.
I can reload the stock tune but that won't do me any good since I'm supercharged and have larger injectors. Lol. I'll get the spacers for shits and giggles.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I can reload the stock tune but that won't do me any good since I'm supercharged and have larger injectors. Lol. I'll get the spacers for shits and giggles.
Jeff, pick up a set of spacers, or make your own by drilling out Dorman spark plug non-foulers. Let us know how they work!

If they work for minubaba & a boosted 'stang, then that just rocks! :headbang:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
But I only live about 5-10 min from work

The O2 sensors need to get to operating temps in order to set the readiness code. Go for a longer drive, 25-30 minutes at least and do that a few times over say a weekend and recheck the readiness tests.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Jeff, pick up a set of spacers, or make your own by drilling out Dorman spark plug non-foulers. Let us know how they work!

If they work for minubaba & a boosted 'stang, then that just rocks! :headbang:
I will. Even though I have stock exhaust manifolds and a cat back. Lol. I think even with a Catback and by deleting the stock resonator, the exhaust flow might be much better and is causing the cats to act weird. Nothing in my Lund tune is adjusted for emissions.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
The O2 sensors need to get to operating temps in order to set the readiness code. Go for a longer drive, 25-30 minutes at least and do that a few times over say a weekend and recheck the readiness tests.
I'll continue to do that. Taking a 5 hour drive tomorrow to North Carolina, so maybe that will set them. Lol

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I will. Even though I have stock exhaust manifolds and a cat back. Lol. I think even with a Catback and by deleting the stock resonator, the exhaust flow might be much better and is causing the cats to act weird. Nothing in my Lund tune is adjusted for emissions.
didnt read the whole thread, but wanted to say, lund tunes turn off rear o2 sensors by default, even without headers. maybe they just need to be turned on by tuner?

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
didnt read the whole thread, but wanted to say, lund tunes turn off rear o2 sensors by default, even without headers. maybe they just need to be turned on by tuner?
He turned mine back on

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
With Lund turning off the o2 sensors by default would that only set the o2 as not ready or both o2 and ho2? this thread has me paranoid but I got 3 more years before emissions, catless headers going on this weekend...

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Do an internet search, there is a document written by Ford that describes the driving cycle required to get all of the readiness monitors set.

FWIW, I could never get them all set with a tune in the ECU.

Dave

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Do an internet search, there is a document written by Ford that describes the driving cycle required to get all of the readiness monitors set.

FWIW, I could never get them all set with a tune in the ECU.

Dave
Makes no sense that others are passing inspection with them all set and are tuned.... I dunno. I still have a while before I get inspected, but I want to rectify the situation now and not later

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My Ecoboost does not set all the monitors with a tune. I have resigned myself to putting it back to the stock tune for inspection.

Dave
Sponsored