jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Any update?
cat monitor came on but not the 02 yet.... I checked in with the other guy trying these, and he has the same. I have not driven the car since December with the brutal cold. i did try a drive cycle before shutting down.

I am getting impatient with a track day coming the end of March. Yesterday, I swapped the stock cats back in with the custom extenders. Hope to drive it around some today with the warmer weather. Going to check on the status of the other car also
Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Guys. I’ve been through all this before. Your best bet is to go to a shop. Be upfront. Tell them what you have. If you don’t have cats then it’s gonna be extra tough but if you have cats then just ask them if they can make it pass. Ask that way. Can you make it pass

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just so you all know I went to the same place that I’d given lots of business to from alignments to lowering springs to exhausts on every vehicle I’d owned and one day the manager had quit and suddenly my car wouldn’t pass with just a cat back and 93 tune and CAI. Never had that problem in the id say 10 years before. I had to put it back stock, 100% to pass the test (for then all to show ready) then back to how it was before. Got smart after that and asked around to different shops before I went in. Bottom line if you mod anything it may not pass inspection in the normal way like every other stock car on the road

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
there has been a major crackdown on shops doing emission test. Some smaller shops are getting out of the business for that reason. States are coming down really hard on them. Tough to get a hookup now or days :) ... speaking for PA

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Guys. I’ve been through all this before. Your best bet is to go to a shop. Be upfront. Tell them what you have. If you don’t have cats then it’s gonna be extra tough but if you have cats then just ask them if they can make it pass. Ask that way. Can you make it pass
I don’t know how they do it by you, but here they plug into the odb and read it. The shop itself can’t adjust or pass you. The machine itself reads the computer.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know how they do it by you, but here they plug into the odb and read it. The shop itself can’t adjust or pass you. The machine itself reads the computer.
U are correct. They can make it pass tho. But yeah maybe just here idk
Sponsored