Sponsored

OBD Readiness Check Failing

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Nobody has ever claimed that high-flow cats will do anything for passing emissions. Only Kook's Green Cats have a chance of passing.
Sponsored

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
OP, sounds like you need to RESEARCH before you make purchases. You can't just modify a car blindly and think everything will be okay.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not really sure how headers can just all of the sudden develop a drone.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You cannot turn off emissions controls and have the readiness tests show as Ready.
Hmm that's odd that noone's cracked this PCM yet to do that. Most other performance cars that I've had modified were easily tuned for that and to pass, including GM and Ford.

Hopefully that changes soon as I'm looking to do something like this myself in the near future.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hmm that's odd that noone's cracked this PCM yet to do that. Most other performance cars that I've had modified were easily tuned for that and to pass, including GM and Ford.

Hopefully that changes soon as I'm looking to do something like this myself in the near future.

I doubt Lund, HP Tuners or SCT will ever do that, the Feds will throw them in jail and shut them down.

To get what you want will be some open source crack that each owner would take on as their own risk.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I doubt Lund, HP Tuners or SCT will ever do that, the Feds will throw them in jail and shut them down.

To get what you want will be some open source crack that each owner would take on as their own risk.
Lots of tuners do this...I can't speak for Lund himself but there are many others that do so. Think of all the modded cars out there that are registered and driven on the street. Do you think all of these people completely demod their cars and retune to stock everytime they go for inspection (which in many places is as often as once a year)?

So it's not that the tuners and/or software can't...it's seems to be more the PCM for the 15+GTs.

OP
OP

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem + PP
The spacers worked! I passed my inspection!

I installed spacers and install a tune that keeps you o2 sensors on... And used the ebay bluetooth scanner (or similar) along with the free torque app on my phone to check emissions monitors before going to the inspection station to ensure a pass. Done!

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The spacers worked! I passed my inspection!

I installed spacers and install a tune that keeps you o2 sensors on... And used the ebay bluetooth scanner (or similar) along with the free torque app on my phone to check emissions monitors before going to the inspection station to ensure a pass. Done!
Nice! Did you use the 90* spacers I linked?

Boosted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus RS,,
Have SSW Long Tubes with FRT CBE and Steeda Tune.No CEL's,no drone.
Wondering if the drone comes from the Stock Resonator?:)

OP
OP

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeff - I bought the one you linked, but my mechanic said he could not use the 90 degree part of it. Still, worked great!

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Spark plug non fouler, Dorman 18mm 42009, each comes in a two pack get two packs or two. Drill out first set with 1/2" drill bit, install non drilled set first then drilled out ones then the sensor, if it still kicks a cel light later on remove the sensor and add a little steel wool, but most with high flow cats don't need the wool only with off road pipes.

OP
OP

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have SSW Long Tubes with FRT CBE and Steeda Tune.No CEL's,no drone.
Wondering if the drone comes from the Stock Resonator?:)
We literally have the same car :) lol (color/pp)

I am at a loss with the drone. I am thinking of just dumping my factory catback and going with a soloworks system (j-pipe apparently has no drone). This is my second car and I don't care how loud it is at startup or WOT - just needs to cruise quietly at 75mph on those long drives!

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I have stock manifolds and a Catback exhaust along with all other mods below. My CAT, HO2 and O2 readiness monitors aren't setting as "ready". Very odd... I talked to Lund and he said all my emissions settings are stock and nothing has been modified in that area. I'm wondering if I should install the O2 spacers just to see if they will set for shits and giggles. Sorry for the sideways pic... The pic is actually taken correctly but when I link it to here it switches it to sideways
image.jpg

OP
OP

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long has it been since your re-tune? Does your car sit for long times?
Sponsored