New Rear Calipers

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
So back in October my car failed it's MOT on the handbrake efficiency. I was able to clean up the mechanisms on the caliper and it was working fine untill recently where I basically don't have a handbrake so I have to park in gear and it looks like the brakes are binding slightly.

Im going to replace the calipers both sides but having a bit of difficulty finding the parts I need. Bristol Street Ford advise they can only find 1 part number and don't think they're sided, but comes up at £495.66 each. (But you can get £50 back if you return your old one)

Levitstown Ford there are multiple variations available, not sure on the right one, but they are both LH/RH available and showing around $90 a side.
Rear brakes on Levittown Ford

Has anyone else had this issue already or can advise on part numbers or what I should be looking at or where else I can order from in the UK?
Sponsored

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
If you e-mail Levittown your vin, they should be able to find the right parts. If your EB is a base model, it could be a good time upgrade the rear brakes completely. My son’s base EB is upgraded to what I have on my GT PP. I think it is the same as a EB PP. But Mike and Benny at Levittown were super helpful in finding all the right parts.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So back in October my car failed it's MOT on the handbrake efficiency. I was able to clean up the mechanisms on the caliper and it was working fine untill recently where I basically don't have a handbrake so I have to park in gear and it looks like the brakes are binding slightly.

Im going to replace the calipers both sides but having a bit of difficulty finding the parts I need. Bristol Street Ford advise they can only find 1 part number and don't think they're sided, but comes up at £495.66 each. (But you can get £50 back if you return your old one)

Levitstown Ford there are multiple variations available, not sure on the right one, but they are both LH/RH available and showing around $90 a side.
Rear brakes on Levittown Ford

Has anyone else had this issue already or can advise on part numbers or what I should be looking at or where else I can order from in the UK?
Like I've mentioned in the other thread - have you tried adjusting tension of the handbrake actuation cable under the car ? It is most likely culprit here and it takes 5 minutes to fix.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
If you e-mail Levittown your vin, they should be able to find the right parts. If your EB is a base model, it could be a good time upgrade the rear brakes completely. My son’s base EB is upgraded to what I have on my GT PP. I think it is the same as a EB PP. But Mike and Benny at Levittown were super helpful in finding all the right parts.
Thanks, I'll email them. Can they ship direct to UK if you contact them?
Iv previously used them for a fuel vapour hose and had to ship using Stackry, after Ford UK were confused about what I needed despite having the part number lol.

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
Iv previously used them for a fuel vapour hose and had to ship using Stackry, after Ford UK were confused about what I needed despite having the part number lol.
It is certainly worth asking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Like I've mentioned in the other thread - have you tried adjusting tension of the handbrake actuation cable under the car ? It is most likely culprit here and it takes 5 minutes to fix.
Yeah I think it's the calipers mate, I got an AA patrol to clean the spring mechanism up at the rear and free them back in October, and didn't need to touch the tensioner bolt. And based on the calipers and brake disks I think the caliper is stuck at some point between on and off as it also looks like it's getting hotter than it should.

Here's my disks.
PXL_20230505_112851078.jpg

PXL_20230502_083001072.jpg

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've not ordered from Levittown Ford but I know TascaParts ship to the UK

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had issues with my hand brake after I took the rear brakes apart. Turned out I needed to screw the brake pistons on both sides back in, reassemble and then pump the brake pedal a few times. This tightened up the hand brake and then I tweaked the adjustment nut.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
aye handbrake calipers have threaded pistons which require winding in after pad changes / cable changes. PIsh pish design of epic pishness!

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Why not just rebuild your existing calipers?

I’ve disassembled a used pair of rear calipers in my 2014 to get powder coated and I reassembled them myself. Replaced with new seals and cleaned and lubricated the piston mechanism. Once I put them in then I had to adjust the handbrake as it pulled up high. Should only take 4 clicks to lock engage. It’s not that hard to rebuild them. Yes you have to turn the piston back into the cylinder cavity. There’s tools for that. You’ll also need snap ring pliers. You may also want to check your ebrake cable and make sure they’re not stuck. I’ve had both sides get stuck in my Civic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Iv had a look at Tasca Parts, think it works out to about £280 for 2 calipers with shipping which I don't think is too bad so might order from them. Pads and everything else I'd just look at getting in the UK, I'm sure they shouldn't be as difficult or expensive.

I would have a look at refurbing but I think it would be easier and less to go wrong if i just replace. And it's my daily so the easier and quicker the better tbf.

Unless anyone knows of the same calipers are used on any other Ford cars.

This is what Levittown Ford have quoted -
Screenshot_20230510-195703~2.png

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
OEM parts (From the US) are cheap enough to not have to buy used. Me, I'm waiting till mine are completely worn out and replacing them with the GT350R kit.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OEM parts (From the US) are cheap enough to not have to buy used. Me, I'm waiting till mine are completely worn out and replacing them with the GT350R kit.
If the S650 really is just a new skin with a lot of the same underpinnings, we may also get the option of backwards compatible rear Brembo’s … :sunglasses:

WD :like:

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks for the recommendations. I went ahead and ordered from Tasca parts in the end and added the pads on anyway as I doubt they'd be much different price wise over here and saves me searching.

American parts websites always seem so much better than what we get here, just enter your VIN and it gives you diagrams and breakdowns to make it easy lol

£350 in total.
Screenshot_20230513-120820.png
Sponsored