New Lund tuning device (LRX). Thoughts?

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Lund tuning has recently released they're new tuning device called the LRX. which is a replacement for the ngauge. seems like a really good device especially since it can do crank relearns , no WIFI needed, etc. I haven't been tuned yet, but Im stuck between Lund or Wengerd performance, but the LRX seems just like a better way to go.
Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same hardware as the Livernois tuner isn't it? Looks the same.

I like the SCT device because you can buy them from anyone, any tuner *can* write tunes for it (I realize Lund no longer supports SCT), plus there are a lot of X4's and BDX's on the used market.

Sure, it's not connected online, and you have to connect it to a laptop to upload your files (there's WiFi but I have never used it), but you're not locked to the tuner you bought it from.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
$800.00? Wow!!! That's a bit steep.

It's only $400.00 for a couple of Bama tunes on an X4/SF4.

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Lund tuning has recently released they're new tuning device called the LRX. which is a replacement for the ngauge. seems like a really good device especially since it can do crank relearns , no WIFI needed, etc. I haven't been tuned yet, but Im stuck between Lund or Wengerd performance, but the LRX seems just like a better way to go.
I'm Wengered Tuned 🙌👌🏁👍 Lund is a household name and I'm sure u cant go wrong with Lund either..

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I just ordered one yesterday. Looks like it should arrive next friday. Currently Lund tuned using an RTD+, so for me it was totally worth $400 it to upgrade to the LRX for the additional features that it will allow me to have access too.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought lund was going to sell the new thing out of Aussie? I'd wait for that if you're gonna risk giving them money. Puts these others to shame. It's the device @engineermike and @K4fxd are working on.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I just ordered one yesterday. Looks like it should arrive next friday. Currently Lund tuned using an RTD+, so for me it was totally worth $400 it to upgrade to the LRX for the additional features that it will allow me to have access too.
Will they provide you the tunes you have for RTD for this device for free ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's Lund :crackup:

Just have to ask them. Yes the new software from PCMtec is very good. Maybe Lund is using this new flasher for PCMtec, I don't know.

Sponsored

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Yes, you have to download the software for the device and connect it too your computer and it will download your current tunes to the device.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
It's Lund :crackup:

Just have to ask them. Yes the new software from PCMtec is very good. Maybe Lund is using this new flasher for PCMtec, I don't know.
It is a cheaper option for new customers who want a PCMTEC multitune, as they previously had to use an NGauge or double license on an RTD which was quite expensive.

Obviously they offer their normal tuning as well which is not through us.

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Its a big WHY from me. Why do you want one? RTD with TDN will do the same with your phone. No need to do anything else. Lund is always trying to get into something other than just quality tunes. They feel the need to create this whole ecosystem just to deliver canned tunes to the masses.

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Its a big WHY from me. Why do you want one? RTD with TDN will do the same with your phone. No need to do anything else. Lund is always trying to get into something other than just quality tunes. They feel the need to create this whole ecosystem just to deliver canned tunes to the masses.
I assume they make more money this way also the RTD is slower according to them and very painful for some customers due to Bluetooth issues every time an iOS update comes out.

Also they can't easily offer PCMTEC for RTD customers due double licensing (expensive) and no 15-17 suppirt for PCMTEC via an RTD. LRX offers PCMTEC support for all vehicles they support.

So there are many reasons for them offering a new device.
Sponsored