New car paranoia?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Along these lines of paranoia and anal retentiveness, my wife pointed out to me after a walk last night that the windshield on the right edge isn't as inset as on the left. It's flush with the lip while on the left it's about a centimeter inset.

I know it doesn't matter, but now it's bugging me. I asked her why exactly she pointed it out to me.
Point out to her one of her feet is bigger than the other. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I was pretty paranoid for about a week, parked it in the sticks at the grocery store.
Someone drove into it gawking at it. Never fixed it, reminder of stupid people.

Then 10 months after I bought it, someone turned left and drove into it. Now it's just a car on the street. A VERY BRIGHT car on the street.

Careful with these colors boys and girls, color blind folks can't see them. It's like Frogger only you are the car.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I waxed my car first time last week, after 10 months of owning it. Its a car, its not a "he/she/it" or whatever, its a car. I am not taken "her" out, I am driving my car. Car is all shiny now. But I still park it far away from everyone else. 🤪

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
...Especially consider a lot of people save up for years to be able to afford something like this. The thought of having their prized possession break or wear out is too much.

...They never experience the true capability of the car because all they do is drive down to the local DQ once a week in the summers. They spend their whole life suffering in a Nissan Altima, waiting for the day they can finally have their dream car, and when they finally get it, they'd rather continue driving their old Altima for fear of damaging their holy grail car...
I heard about this in a Porsche club in NM. They had saved up to own their dream car, and by the time they had the money they were old men. They had a meet where they decided to drive through a mountain pass as a group, and after a half hour of holding up traffic a bunch of them needed a break because they were tired. 😴

I heard this story through a Mustang club that was making fun of them. 😁 Mustangs are made to be affordable, so you can afford to drive it.

Later, I made friends with a Corvette owner who... He didn't wait until he was old to buy a Corvette. But by most accounts he always drove his Corvettes gently, for fear of putting stress on them. His current Corvette is a 1996 model and he dreads the day it will have 9,000 miles on it.

Whatever he likes about the Corvette I don't begrudge it to him, but sure I don't get what he likes about driving them, if he only ever drives at grocery-getter speeds. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I get paranoid when I’m in traffic and the person tailgating me is taking selfies ….and the front of their car (usually Altima) is smashed from previous collisions. It’s not that I think my car is precious or whatever. It’s just that even if insurance “takes care of it”, it still requires time and attention from me that I’d rather spend on other stuff.

Same goes for odd noises and such. The “tick” never bothered me much, but I’m glad people here shared experiences with 2k rattle here. When I first heard my 2k rattle, it sounded like the car was straight-up trash. Being concerned enough to read up on it saved me from handing over to a dealer ….which again, requires my attention and time.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
This thread is a gas. There are true comedians among us. I hate to admit it but I'm getting to be an old fart. A neighbor down the street saw the gt in the garage and one day bought his 2004 mustang all original over to show me. His wife sat in the drivers seat. Convertible. Great guy older than me. He acted like it was his 1st car when he was 16. He was so happy. Paid next to nothing for it 3 years ago. It sat in the previous owners garage. 44,000 miles on it. Wants to put new wheels on it. Gold. Rapid red like the gt. He doesn't drive it. I have a found a true mustang believer and friend. I'm 15 he's 16! Oh well. Where I live there is more salt than snow everywhere. Piles of it. Lol. I just can't put the beauty through it. I disappear when I drive the mother. Had open heart surgery - new ball game - drive! I don't know what I'm talking about but it sure is fun.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
I'm *supposed* to get my GT/CS by the end of this month. I have a long weekend vacation planned in New Orleans during November. That's roughly 500 miles one way. If I have it by then, I'll be driving the Mustang. I hope nothing happens to it, but I know to a certain extent - it's beyond my control.

I believe all enthusiast type cars were made to be driven not parked, but I also know that outside the occasional road trip, my mustang won't get a lot of miles because I'm semi-retired and when I work, I work remotely. But... my 07 Mustang had over 220k miles when I sold her and most of them were in the first 7 years of her life when she was my daily driver.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
These type threads come up often and it always cracks me up when folks belittle someone else because of how he chooses to enjoy his car. You know, the one he bought and paid for himself. If a guy puts 50K miles a year on his Mustang and takes it through the car wash twice, so what? And likewise god help the guy who buys the car as a garage queen and takes it to Barrett-Jackson 10 years later showing 700 miles.

Help me understand how anyone earns the moral imperative to pass judgement on the way someone else chooses to enjoy his own stuff. I’m sorry, but it just ain’t nunya business. And please don’t tell me these cars were made to blah, blah, blah. They were made for the owner to do with what he sees fit.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
These type threads come up often and it always cracks me up when folks belittle someone else because of how he chooses to enjoy his car. You know, the one he bought and paid for himself. If a guy puts 50K miles a year on his Mustang and takes it through the car wash twice, so what? And likewise god help the guy who buys the car as a garage queen and takes it to Barrett-Jackson 10 years later showing 700 miles.

Help me understand how anyone earns the moral imperative to pass judgement on the way someone else chooses to enjoy his own stuff. I’m sorry, but it just ain’t nunya business. And please don’t tell me these cars were made to blah, blah, blah. They were made for the owner to do with what he sees fit.
As they say, opinions are like a certain body part, everyone has one. I will say, though, that there are many ways to moralize. Like right now, I'm tempted to point out that your moralizing about what other people post is no different, fundamentally, from their moralizing about how someone should drive their car.

But then I remember that this, too, would be moralizing. And so, I won't.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

I agree with you and 100% don't care about what people choose to do with their cars. However, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for people who spend all that money and never truly enjoy their stuff. I suppose that could seem a bit pretentious on my part, and maybe I'd feel differently if I were wealthy and had little free time. And I also accept some people collect cool cars as more of a trophy than an item they want to use. But as someone who loves driving something fun, I just think they're missing out.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I was paranoid about everything when I bought my Porsche. I could not afford $100k or more for a new one, so mine was used and did not have a warranty. Porsche repairs are scary; an engine and transmission can cost over $60k. I could not get an extended warranty because it was modded. So, I bought the Mustang so I didn't have to worry any more. It had a warranty and nothing on it is that expensive to repair. The peace of mind is wonderful, but I sure miss that Porsche.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As they say, opinions are like a certain body part, everyone has one. I will say, though, that there are many ways to moralize. Like right now, I'm tempted to point out that your moralizing about what other people post is no different, fundamentally, from their moralizing about how someone should drive their car.

But then I remember that this, too, would be moralizing. And so, I won't.
I figured someone would go down this rabbit hole. Fact is, it ain’t moralizing if you‘re right.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you and 100% don't care about what people choose to do with their cars. However, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for people who spend all that money and never truly enjoy their stuff. I suppose that could seem a bit pretentious on my part, and maybe I'd feel differently if I were wealthy and had little free time. And I also accept some people collect cool cars as more of a trophy than an item they want to use. But as someone who loves driving something fun, I just think they're missing out.
But ice, wouldn’t that assume that unless they used their car in a manner you agreed with they weren’t “truly enjoying” it? It just seems to me that if they can enjoy their car by looking at it and rubbing on it then we have no right to pass judgement. Might not be what you and I would do but hey, whatever blows up their skirt.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I figured someone would go down this rabbit hole. Fact is, it ain’t moralizing if you‘re right.
I'm pretty new here and I don't want to get into a urination contest with anyone, but... I doubt that everyone else is posting opinions that they don't consider to be valid.

Note that I agree with your basic premise here. I say, to each their own. The difference seems to be that I apply that principle to posting on a forum like this as well. 999 times out of a thousand, I don't feel the need to "correct" someone's opinion -- just doesn't seem like my place.
Sponsored