New car paranoia?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I am a little in the middle. I like to keep mine clean and baby it in the garage thru the week, I do have a pretty nice daily driver that I drive since I drive 200 plus miles a day for work. That said, I do get it out on the weekends and take drives, I go for 200 mile road trips at least once a month across state lines to visit family. II have driven in a frog strangler rain storm more than once (the auto rain sensing wipers are awesome BTW). I've had mine a little over 3 months and have about 3200 miles. 1000 a month is the average. I doubt I will take it out much in the winter with summer tires unless it's a warmer day, don't want to have any ill effects of hard tires. My next set once the P Zeros are gone will be High Performance All seasons.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I will never understand people who buy somewhat affordable mass produced cars and not drive them. Seems a lot of older dudes like to do this. Which is puzzling being toward the end of your life preserving your car.

I daily drive mine and get it washed once a week. I don`t abuse my car but I also don`t worry about stuff breaking. The warranty for me is a big part of the car even though I hate working with dealerships. I even went ahead and bought the Ford extended warranty so I can enjoy this car for a very long time worry free.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
450 miles on mine this week. I got it to make memories with my family not sit in a garage collecting dust.
I‘m just a little over 700 on my ‘22 from early July, but in my defense since I got it I’ve been rehabbing a new knee on the clutch side. Went a month without being cranked. But it’s starting to loosen up a little now and feels great.

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
I‘m just a little over 700 on my ‘22 from early July, but in my defense since I got it I’ve been rehabbing a new knee on the clutch side. Went a month without being cranked. But it’s starting to loosen up a little now and feels great.
might wanna check out the 25 dollar steeda clutch pedal spring. makes the clutch feel consistent. takes 5 minutes to swap.

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
might wanna check out the 25 dollar steeda clutch pedal spring. makes the clutch feel consistent. takes 5 minutes to swap.
The Steeda clutch pedal spring is one of the best mods I have done...and I have done more than a few.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Steeda clutch pedal spring is one of the best mods I have done...and I have done more than a few.
Guys, isn’t it true that the Steeda spring doesn’t reduce clutch effort but actually increases it just a bit while making it smoother?

OP
OP
AvalancheSVT

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Guys, isn’t it true that the Steeda spring doesn’t reduce clutch effort but actually increases it just a bit while making it smoother?
its kinda weird. the stock setup has like 2 so its really hard to compare the two.
the stock spring basically eliminates pedal effort and this just allows for enough so you can feel what's going on.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

NO, the compression rate of the spring is consistent, throughout its cycle.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Take the spring out entirely. Enjoy your new clutch feel.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

babrams3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT C/S Manual FBO
At the end of the day, we're not driving out of warranty ferraris and lambos. relax a little and let it rip, could always be a bigger headache