Sponsored

Never Letting My Girlfriend Drive My Mustang Again...

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Buff it and live with the scratches that remain. Or have shop paint. Not likely to get a shop to handle for anything less than $750 to a grand with removal/detrim etc.. especially as a customer pay with no insurance involved.

Ask her to help buff it etc.. at least it was a pole and not another car that would require insurance involvement.

These are opportunities to show her what matters, If she's one you want to keep around
Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its just a car, accidents happen. If you hit something you wouldn't ban yourself from driving the car. It sounds like you think she did it on purpose

I guess we don't know the whole situation, but this has happened to me and its really not an issue worth getting worked up over.

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
As a 45 year old divorcee, who now back out in the dating world, I've come to realize that its much easier to replace possessions versus relationships. So if you love her, forgive her and move on. It could have been much worse, a respray from a good body shop and it's fix, plus I bet she'll never ask to borrow your mustang again.
This. At the end of the day it was an accident; she was driving a car unfamiliar to her. Polish out what you can and see if a body shop can repaint and blend the area.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Buff it and live with the scratches that remain. Or have shop paint. Not likely to get a shop to handle for anything less than $750 to a grand with removal/detrim etc.. especially as a customer pay with no insurance involved.

Ask her to help buff it etc.. at least it was a pole and not another car that would require insurance involvement.

These are opportunities to show her what matters, If she's one you want to keep around
If this is the route you decide, he is correct about price. For the same money or very close you can buy a brand new bumper cover and have it sprayed. This way there is no blending of paint and no chance of seeing the repair. In addition, if you want to add PPF to help keep these things from happening, you really shouldn’t do it over a respray because it can take the paint off if you ever need to replace it. If you start with a new bumper that won’t happen. The other plus to this way is they can paint it while you still have your car and once it’s done, drop it off and pick it up the same day.
I had the same happen on my 23’ Mach. The cover was just under $500 for a Ford OEM replacement and about $300 labor.
I would do it the exact same way again if it were to happen.
You can also sand it down, clean it up ands sell the old one for $200+ on eBay.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Alright so recently I just experienced one of the worst pains a car guy can have. This happened the other day when I let my girlfriend use my mustang (Which I never do because of this and will never let her again) but she was begging me and she didn't want to take the Tacoma so I said screw it why not...but even before she left I specifically instructed her on how to drive like I always do when I'm driving such as: "This car is lowered" and "Enter the driveway at an angle" etc... So she went on her way to do errands and what not and unfortunately at her last stop (Starbucks) the worst happened which was she decided to reverse park in spot for whatever reason and ended up hitting a cement pole scratching the left side of my rear bumper.

So now the million dollar question is what should I do? Cover it up with Street Aero stickers? New Bumper?...OR maybe if someone knows how to DIY fix-it that might include some elbow-grease on the bodywork that might not be an expensive fix??? I Don't Know...?

But any advice would be great before I end up taking it to a bodyshop if there isn't a cheaper option....

tempImage7ZFDge.png

tempImage2lHiYv.png

tempImageEfx0fY.png

tempImagelyEsme.png
OUCH!!!!!!!!! The price of Love, man......... sorry to see and hear! Buff what you can out and touch up. Get yourself a Meguiars SCRACTH-X kit w drill buff attacthment and buff it out, then touch up accordingly.............
Anthony

Sponsored

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
Yeah, frustrating but as long as no one was physically hurt then that’s the main thing. Your car can be easily fixed.

As others have said, buff out what you can which will probably make it look ten times better. Looking at your photos though I doubt that will get it all out so my next stop would be to get a SMART repairer to fix what’s left. Not too sure how it works in the US, but in the UK you’d never go to a body shop for that relatively minor repair as it would be too expensive. We’d use an accredited SMART repairer who typically would come to your house and do the repair there. They would sand down the damaged part(s) then mix and apply new paint, blending it all in. Provided they are decent repairer you won’t notice where it had been fixed and it will last as long as the car. From looking at the level of damage it would probably cost around £250 ($300).

Fred Larson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My state requires a front license plate, so I installed one via a Sto N Sho quick release bracket. I instructed my wife to take care with same when parking, but somehow she managed to literally rip it right off the car. I keep it in the trunk with the Grabber Blue piece of the car still attached, to show the officer in case I get stopped for no front plate. My story will be "It just happened the other day."

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
GOod luck matching that paint color. I've never heard anyone have good luck with that color. A good shop should have no issues, but it seems they do.

Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
My fiancé asked to drive my Mustang the other day. I asked if she knows how to drive a manual and she said "I tried learning a long time ago". I said "you aren't learning on my car". Even though this is the easiest manual I've ever owned, no way I'm letting her drive it. She's a terrifying driver in her Wrangler.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
In my case I am more likely to do the screw-up than she is.
My car has 600+whp and when I tell guys at the dealer/shop that my wife may pick it up when they are done, they are like "you let your wife drive this car?!?!"... I always say "yep, she is the ONLY person I will let drive it." Especially when it doesn't have the Drag Radials on it. It's lowered 3/4" and she has ridden with me enough to know to go up driveways at an angle and that you can take the speed bumps in my area at 30mph :p Love her!