Sponsored

Neighbors complaining about cold start-ups

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Because of your early departure time a compromise is justified. Good luck satisfying the neighbor's demands if you swap to another AM exhaust. The joys of condo living.
Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I like cars and motorcycles and I really, really hated living in apartments where people had obnoxious catbacks, etc. It is extremely douchey and disrespectful. Maybe you can park your car somewhere far enough away to not disturb people, otherwise you should get a quieter exhaust.

All I can think about is that Southpark episode that captured it perfectly. A lot of people think it is cool and attention grabbing to have a loud exhaust, but it is only negative attention and you're the only one who thinks it isn't.

To everyone who says "f' the neighbors, who cares what they think?" - how about I come rev a douchey open header bike next to your window on my schedule and you can just deal with it? It will only be for 30 seconds at a time, so you'll have no right to be upset or annoyed.

that biker episode of south park immediately came to mind lol.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I lived in a Condo Complex for 7 years. There were aspects of living there I hated, like some real OCD get your pantys in a knot neighbors. I did like living right next to downtown though. Once, someone fished my recycling out of the trash and left it on the roof of my car!!!! (many years ago) because I put it in the trash by accident. I never found out who it was.

I recall the day I purchased my BMW M6. It was A LOT louder, especially on startup than my Audi TT with Borla (I had purchased the Dinan touring exhaust for the M6). Thankfully and strangely, I did not get a single complaint. My reasoning is I usually dont go to work till 10, so most people were out. Also dont drive it after 10pm and finally, the guy living above the garage was super chill and liked my car. It was a carport system too, not an fully enclosed underground garage!

I'm glad I moved to a house. I'll say this though, even living in a house like I do now I've gone back and forth WRT the Corsa Xtreme. I dont want to raise hell in the neighborhood every time I startup the car (so haven't decided yet). You should have carefully considered this exhaust since you live in a Condo. :-)

I wouldn't bother fighting them. My two suggestions: tell them you will not start up the car during hours when noise ordinances are in place (Condo rules), this works if you have a second car. Otherwise, swap the exhaust and check out something much more mild like a resonator delete (stock mufflers) + your old stock setup or FRPP touring etc - you should talk to some of the sellers here like Hypermotive, AM etc. I would suggest the Corsa Sport as they advertise it as a touring setup, but I worry it will be too loud for your association. You should be able to sell your Xtremes pretty quickly due to demand. I know it sucks, but in the big picture its not a huge deal!

You DEF dont want to start a war with those guys, not worth it and the resident always loses. And you dont want punctured tires and/or keyed cars.

I just checked my Seattle noise ordinances and it looks like I'm A-OK for now.
http://www.seattle.gov/DPD/codesrules/codes/noise/default.htm

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
This is why I got the MBRP street. It's loud enough on cold start without really waking anyone up, yet if I want it to be loud it can be. I leave early as well, usually about 5:45am and am as quiet as I can possibly be. So far I've lived in this neighborhood (where the old people live downtown lol) and no complaints so far! I want headers, but I think that would just be rude.

Sponsored

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
A lot of people think it is cool and attention grabbing to have a loud exhaust, but it is only negative attention and you're the only one who thinks it isn't.
Well said.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Bring them a fresh pie? Should solve your cold start complaining issues.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
obvious solution is not to rent and to buy not just because of the exhaust but for 100 thousand other reasons.

the cold startup doesn't last long anyways and if you aren't violating rules your fine. they also don't pay for your car payment or in your case rent either. there's nothing obnoxious about the corsa extreme unless you make it but cold starts are just a thing you can't avoid.

they must hate motorcycles too then, especially harley's. my dad's bike is still alot louder than my corsa extreme cranking up.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Whether or not it meets condo agreement rules, it's still not worth getting up in the morning to a car that's been keyed or had tires slashed.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Whether or not it meets condo agreement rules, it's still not worth getting up in the morning to a car that's been keyed or had tires slashed.
i'm sure there is surveillance

but if you don't wanna deal with apartment complex's then buy a house! smarter and wiser to do anyways....renting is just throwing money out the window with no return or reduction.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
It sucks being told what you can and can't do, but it would be no different than you trying to go to sleep at 12:00 midnight and some punk is in the your parking lot with his boom boom stereo system rattling your windows. I always look at it from the perspective of I'll show you respect and I don't bother you, so you show me some respect and don't bother me. In your situation because you live in a condo complex your kind of stuck, as much as you like your exhaust system you probably will end up selling it and getting something not as loud. Unless you can park a little further from the building and that might get you by.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it doesn't matter what catback is on the car...you're going to hear it on cold start

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
This example is akin to having late, loud parties until 2 am or using a state of the art surround sound system late at night. You live in a condo and living in a condo or an apartment building comes with it's own set of responsibilities to the others who live there. If you don't wish to be considerate to the people who share your building, then maybe a condo or apartment isn't for you. Paying your rent does not give you the right to take away everyone else's reasonable expectations of peace and quiet.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
trade it in for an ecoboost and run the stock exhaust and never get another noise complaint again. im pretty sure teslas make more noise than eco stocks.
Sponsored