Sponsored

Neighbors complaining about cold start-ups

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I have a Corsa Extreme (I know), and I live in a condo complex. Someone left a note on my car complaining about early am start-ups; I leave every morning for work before 6 am. Any ideas besides yanking the catback or choking my neighbor out?:doh:
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I like the choking idea.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
Tell them to get over it...Once you start the car, you're out of there within 30 seconds...they'll live.

If you're going to yank your exhaust because of one neighbor, out of the many many that live there...you're crazy!

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Tell them to get over it...Once you start the car, you're out of there within 30 seconds...they'll live.

If you're going to yank your exhaust because of one neighbor, out of the many many that live there...you're crazy!
He/she wrote neighborS on the note, and I'm not removing it. I'm hoping for an easy solution, cuz I really don't wanna be called before the association board, or have to deal with this idiot doing something to my car.

Sponsored

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Can you park in a different location that would disturb less people when you have to leave that early?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)

The one neighbor that said something that is. When I was younger I had loud motorcycles and cars and felt terrible when I would leave out in the morning. Only to get pounding headaches from the noise when I drove it. Pretty smart I was. Needless to say my cars stay bone stock these days.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic

Wow.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Sorry....

I have a Corsa Extreme (I know), and I live in a condo complex. Someone left a note on my car complaining about early am start-ups; I leave every morning for work before 6 am. Any ideas besides yanking the catback or choking my neighbor out?:doh:
Sorry about this.... Yes there is always ONE in a condo complex.... Do not live in a condo complex...... I only put on the Ford Racing X Pipe, happy with the sound and no complaints from the neighbors..... Good luck on the out come...

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

Yeah, that will solve the situation.:tsk:

There are too many factors involved with just telling folks to get over it.

1. There are likely binding covenants to living in the condos.
2. There are likely noise ordinances.
3. He has to live with/near these people. It's never a good idea to treat your neighbors with disdain.

My stance regarding loud exhaust is well known. Loud does not equal good in my book. That being the case, if I was one of the neighbors and every morning I was greeted by this noise, I'd say something too, hoping to work something out and taking into consideration the OP's situation.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
living in a condo with the corsa extremes is just asking for complaints. Better do something before you get kicked out or the car gets keyed.

RTmiata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there a noise ordinance and between what time is it in effect? If you are outside of the times or there isn't a written ordinance then who cares what they think.

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I like cars and motorcycles and I really, really hated living in apartments where people had obnoxious catbacks, etc. It is extremely douchey and disrespectful. Maybe you can park your car somewhere far enough away to not disturb people, otherwise you should get a quieter exhaust.

All I can think about is that Southpark episode that captured it perfectly. A lot of people think it is cool and attention grabbing to have a loud exhaust, but it is only negative attention and you're the only one who thinks it isn't.

To everyone who says "f' the neighbors, who cares what they think?" - how about I come rev a douchey open header bike next to your window on my schedule and you can just deal with it? It will only be for 30 seconds at a time, so you'll have no right to be upset or annoyed.

Last edited:

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Tuff situation. I think it boils down to any noise ordinance, whether it is from the city, neighborhood, or condo/apartment association. If you are in violation of that, I don't think there is much you can do except change your vehicle to comply, as much as that would hurt. Either that, or find somewhere else to live (not as easy and cheap as changing out exhaust). As far as the neighbor that wrote the note is concerned, I would find out who it was and talk with them. Maybe something can be worked out in the meantime. Good luck with your situation, I don't envy you.

Brutus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah yes, now I remember why I hate 5.0s and the douches that feel the need to make them even louder. I went through this for years with an asshat next door that owned several, each with a shitty sounding wake-the-neighborhood exhaust. Very happy day for us all when his wife left him and he could no longer afford the house, so he moved.

As someone above said, having an exhaust like this, one that affects others in a bad way, is disrespectful and extremely annoying.
Sponsored