Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Put a rock..
no wait.
Put a sponge you would use to wash car with- under accelerator pedal.
1 of those 2.5" thick- 4" wide- 6 " long sponges.
Taped to bk side.
Smooth accel <dusting hands off>

Now the exhaust is more maintenance. As potatoes with a hole bored thru C/L, longitudinally, then shoved in tail pipe of each side, to "self shave" into a perfect fit, is a bit of a maintenance item.

Yes, its more a restriction than a baffle, but the potato, itself, does have some
( more than many would think)
sound absorption property's,
that not many other vegetables in the standard produce counter lineup possess..

Nor do many vegetarian's care too see used for this... anymore than PITA member cares too see animal hide used to detail a cars paint.

Especially the PBS ~ "Jazzy Vegetarian".
She gets livid over abusive potato usage.

1 SACK a yr will likely go soft before u can use them all. RUSSETT.. ONLY. Nothing from Idaho either.

A Completely overrated
"US State of starch production" in the North America.
Chilean or Ecuador'ian root vegetables in general are the best known "Go-To"
S550 silencer's of that dreaded diease known as 'Audio-Stang'.

Look it up. There's a Wikipedia on it.

Becoming more common everyday, as dealerships around the nation take in trades on these 460 hp platforms. Audio-Stang is actually a disease, not unlike alcoholism or diabetes .. but for not just any automobile. But a 2015 & later S550 V8.

Although some would argue they have AUDIO-STANG symptoms in both thier V6 S550 cars & their ,
Hair~dryer induction, 4 cyls.

The sponge under accererator is a much more smoother transition than any high dollar computer flash "tune" Lund or Palm Beach has developed.

Probably why in there main "tune selling market areas fir accelerator issues,
these sponges hav mysteriously dissappeared from most ALL store shelves.. and then later seem too show up by thousands on Eastern European Ebay sites by thousands.

No Audio- Stang cases have yet bedn reported on othrr continent's yet to our knowledge. But contagion is difficult to stop from spreading anytime these days w/cars being imported into overseas markets.

All fun aside. Did she not test drive this car at all before delivery? I understand if she didnt. But again, a respectful dealership salesman should hav at least brought up the fact that this car was not stock. Assuming he even knew. Which again is as unlikely as knowing Idaho potatoes are not a good idea for sound absorption..

nor do they withstand thermal exhaust breakdown nearly as good as other US geographic potato growers, for some unknown reason. Well. We know the reason, but its taboo too discuss it in this climate change world we live in today.

See, Must not be enuff petroleum contaminants in the Idaho soil, to give the starchy paste of this root vegetable the desperately needed " audio suppression" qualitys, that say a Silicon Valley grown potato has come to be known for..

w/all the chemistry in the groundwater/ soil there, and in other highly polluted soils of farmland throughout the US.

Hence central/South America root veggies are great as used motor oil and other chemicals are dumped daily into the groundwater & soil supply.

Again. All kidding aside.
Tell that dealership they owe your wife some sponges and some quality contaminated root vegetables to make this car deal ""RIGHT"" for her.

Otherwise the teenage neighbor boys are gonna start following / flocking too her like a puppy dog would follow a child, with this cool hot rod car of hers ..

Too many "all kidding asides" in this post? Huh?

Oh. If it turns out too just be too fast, speed wise...and a ticket magnet..

Might we suggest a good rounded edge
"river rock " (from 100,000 yrs of tumbling down a waterway), in place of the sponge,
under the loud pedal.

Hope this helps.

I KNOW IT HELPED Me... TOO Forget about ALL my Problems, while writing this HELPFUL RESPONSE.

Thx for saving us~ $200 an hr,
w/our therapist, this week.

Hopefully some other issue's or thread jacking problems- needing solved - will pop up on here soon, as this post, or another post will be desperately needed by us,
before our next * therapy* appointment w/ our clearly real life, ....
"What about Bob" - quality shrink, we have.

Again, another similar problem that needs solving could genuinely save us yet another weekly trip to that,
money sucking...
Hoover vacuum..
w/a diploma from the
" Isle of Midway, School of Psychology~
& WW2 History "
that calls himself a life-coach and
"mental disorder consultant". Who has a mental disorder in this scenario anyhow?

Guessing he did online degree program thing, since housing/amenities (we hear) on that island, is rather diffucult to procure adequate housing for campus life.

Good luck, & for the sake of my own wallet.
Please keep the issues/problems coming my way, for my own financial sanity.

Oh. We included other example's,
such as the lesser desirable
"Banana silencer",
& the throttle response solution visual aid below of the *1980s Custom Shag carpet , port window Van*,
that uses the "KEEP ON TRUCKIN"
Throttle pedal assembly assembly too slow down, and smooth out, the acceleration transitions - due too its bulky-ness of the design alone... & its abilty to get Slightly hung up on carpet and slow throttle transition considerably.

Hence smoothing out Throttle response much like the sponge, ( or Lund/PB tune), but with much more added
"class too the interior design & its dignity"

As they say. A pics worth about 10 words.
Ok 1000. But 10 is more likely here.

... & that potato installation < in pic>
clearly isnt finished, here just yet...,

As the hole thru for exh gas escape from its center line, thru the longitudinally bored axis, must still be opened up...
once all initial test fit stages are completed,
& not at the 80% finished stage shown here in this potatoe exh Audio-Stang's - antibiotic solution.

Id stay away from the 'nanna design' audio reduction method.

Just to dam hard to control the outer peel friction ration to 'pipe stiction'.

Plus the thru hole for controlled exhaust escape is much more difficult w/Banana, to say the least. ( its curved, and a "helical Sinker EDM" setupn doesn't seem too wrk well in this fleshy fruit..

They all curve, from the (banana) factory, almost always... & its hard to find a "straight " non - sex toy-
shaped Banana these days.

Good luck w/ it all.

Sounds like she bought a really cool car.

Just a few annoyances too overcome. Hope these tried and true methods- /w photo documentation, helps a bit at least.. if not. Hey. We tried, right??

Wish when i was 16, the lady down the street from us, had a hot rod like this 1 u describe.

We'd hav been waiting for her to come hm from wrk ea day, after school,
screaming for her to do burnouts in the neighborhood.

Using lineloc of coarse!@!

SmartSelect_20200714-071349_Google.jpg
SmartSelect_20200714-071434_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20200714-071553_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Very simple...
1. Make a post on one of the s550 Facebook pages or on this forum asking to trade catbacks for a stock one. The car will still be loud but not obnoxious.
2. Figure out what brand of headers you have. Contact that company to see if they can sell you Catted mid pipes with “factory connect”(3-2.5 reduction)
3. Buy a 600 dollar ngauge/tune combo from Lund racing. Tell them your mods. Send pictures if you have to. Tell them you want 100% stock shifting. She will need to run 91 octane+ exclusively.

All this shouldn’t cost more than 1000 dollars, is minimally invasive, and you retain the benefits of having a modified car.

Hope your wife ends up loving her purchase! I know mine loves driving the fun car:)

OP
OP

tnmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Put a rock..
no wait.
Put a sponge you would use to wash car with- under accelerator pedal.
1 of those 2.5" thick- 4" wide- 6 " long sponges.
Taped to bk side.
Smooth accel <dusting hands off>

Now the exhaust is more maintenance. As potatoes with a hole bored thru C/L, longitudinally, then shoved in tail pipe of each side, to "self shave" into a perfect fit, is a bit of a maintenance item.

Yes, its more a restriction than a baffle, but the potato, itself, does have some
( more than many would think)
sound absorption property's,
that not many other vegetables in the standard produce counter lineup possess..

Nor do many vegetarian's care too see used for this... anymore than PITA member cares too see animal hide used to detail a cars paint.

Especially the PBS ~ "Jazzy Vegetarian".
She gets livid over abusive potato usage.

1 SACK a yr will likely go soft before u can use them all. RUSSETT.. ONLY. Nothing from Idaho either.

A Completely overrated
"US State of starch production" in the North America.
Chilean or Ecuador'ian root vegetables in general are the best known "Go-To"
S550 silencer's of that dreaded diease known as 'Audio-Stang'.

Look it up. There's a Wikipedia on it.

Becoming more common everyday, as dealerships around the nation take in trades on these 460 hp platforms. Audio-Stang is actually a disease, not unlike alcoholism or diabetes .. but for not just any automobile. But a 2015 & later S550 V8.

Although some would argue they have AUDIO-STANG symptoms in both thier V6 S550 cars & their ,
Hair~dryer induction, 4 cyls.

The sponge under accererator is a much more smoother transition than any high dollar computer flash "tune" Lund or Palm Beach has developed.

Probably why in there main "tune selling market areas fir accelerator issues,
these sponges hav mysteriously dissappeared from most ALL store shelves.. and then later seem too show up by thousands on Eastern European Ebay sites by thousands.

No Audio- Stang cases have yet bedn reported on othrr continent's yet to our knowledge. But contagion is difficult to stop from spreading anytime these days w/cars being imported into overseas markets.

All fun aside. Did she not test drive this car at all before delivery? I understand if she didnt. But again, a respectful dealership salesman should hav at least brought up the fact that this car was not stock. Assuming he even knew. Which again is as unlikely as knowing Idaho potatoes are not a good idea for sound absorption..

nor do they withstand thermal exhaust breakdown nearly as good as other US geographic potato growers, for some unknown reason. Well. We know the reason, but its taboo too discuss it in this climate change world we live in today.

See, Must not be enuff petroleum contaminants in the Idaho soil, to give the starchy paste of this root vegetable the desperately needed " audio suppression" qualitys, that say a Silicon Valley grown potato has come to be known for..

w/all the chemistry in the groundwater/ soil there, and in other highly polluted soils of farmland throughout the US.

Hence central/South America root veggies are great as used motor oil and other chemicals are dumped daily into the groundwater & soil supply.

Again. All kidding aside.
Tell that dealership they owe your wife some sponges and some quality contaminated root vegetables to make this car deal ""RIGHT"" for her.

Otherwise the teenage neighbor boys are gonna start following / flocking too her like a puppy dog would follow a child, with this cool hot rod car of hers ..

Too many "all kidding asides" in this post? Huh?

Oh. If it turns out too just be too fast, speed wise...and a ticket magnet..

Might we suggest a good rounded edge
"river rock " (from 100,000 yrs of tumbling down a waterway), in place of the sponge,
under the loud pedal.

Hope this helps.

I KNOW IT HELPED Me... TOO Forget about ALL my Problems, while writing this HELPFUL RESPONSE.

Thx for saving us~ $200 an hr,
w/our therapist, this week.

Hopefully some other issue's or thread jacking problems- needing solved - will pop up on here soon, as this post, or another post will be desperately needed by us,
before our next * therapy* appointment w/ our clearly real life, ....
"What about Bob" - quality shrink, we have.

Again, another similar problem that needs solving could genuinely save us yet another weekly trip to that,
money sucking...
Hoover vacuum..
w/a diploma from the
" Isle of Midway, School of Psychology~
& WW2 History "
that calls himself a life-coach and
"mental disorder consultant". Who has a mental disorder in this scenario anyhow?

Guessing he did online degree program thing, since housing/amenities (we hear) on that island, is rather diffucult to procure adequate housing for campus life.

Good luck, & for the sake of my own wallet.
Please keep the issues/problems coming my way, for my own financial sanity.

Oh. We included other example's,
such as the lesser desirable
"Banana silencer",
& the throttle response solution visual aid below of the *1980s Custom Shag carpet , port window Van*,
that uses the "KEEP ON TRUCKIN"
Throttle pedal assembly assembly too slow down, and smooth out, the acceleration transitions - due too its bulky-ness of the design alone... & its abilty to get Slightly hung up on carpet and slow throttle transition considerably.

Hence smoothing out Throttle response much like the sponge, ( or Lund/PB tune), but with much more added
"class too the interior design & its dignity"

As they say. A pics worth about 10 words.
Ok 1000. But 10 is more likely here.

... & that potato installation < in pic>
clearly isnt finished, here just yet...,

As the hole thru for exh gas escape from its center line, thru the longitudinally bored axis, must still be opened up...
once all initial test fit stages are completed,
& not at the 80% finished stage shown here in this potatoe exh Audio-Stang's - antibiotic solution.

Id stay away from the 'nanna design' audio reduction method.

Just to dam hard to control the outer peel friction ration to 'pipe stiction'.

Plus the thru hole for controlled exhaust escape is much more difficult w/Banana, to say the least. ( its curved, and a "helical Sinker EDM" setupn doesn't seem too wrk well in this fleshy fruit..

They all curve, from the (banana) factory, almost always... & its hard to find a "straight " non - sex toy-
shaped Banana these days.

Good luck w/ it all.

Sounds like she bought a really cool car.

Just a few annoyances too overcome. Hope these tried and true methods- /w photo documentation, helps a bit at least.. if not. Hey. We tried, right??

Wish when i was 16, the lady down the street from us, had a hot rod like this 1 u describe.

We'd hav been waiting for her to come hm from wrk ea day, after school,
screaming for her to do burnouts in the neighborhood.

Using lineloc of coarse!@!

SmartSelect_20200714-071349_Google.jpg
SmartSelect_20200714-071434_Google.jpg

SmartSelect_20200714-071553_eBay.jpg
Thanks?!? Haha

OP
OP

tnmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Very simple...
1. Make a post on one of the s550 Facebook pages or on this forum asking to trade catbacks for a stock one. The car will still be loud but not obnoxious.
2. Figure out what brand of headers you have. Contact that company to see if they can sell you Catted mid pipes with “factory connect”(3-2.5 reduction)
3. Buy a 600 dollar ngauge/tune combo from Lund racing. Tell them your mods. Send pictures if you have to. Tell them you want 100% stock shifting. She will need to run 91 octane+ exclusively.

All this shouldn’t cost more than 1000 dollars, is minimally invasive, and you retain the benefits of having a modified car.

Hope your wife ends up loving her purchase! I know mine loves driving the fun car:)
I ended up finding a local speed shop. They said they would swap out the Corsa headers with stock headers (w/cat) and adapt them to the Borla exhaust. They also said the CAI shouldn't effect the stock tuning too much, but that they would tune it using their account online (I think it was FM tuners or something). The swap out and re-tune was quoted as 1500 bucks.

All I have to do is find the stock headers and cats.

Then I have to sell the Corsa headers. They have less than 22k miles on them. I have no idea what they are worth, but I know what they sell for new, so I guess thats a starting place.

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have stockers from my 19 with 6k miles on em. However shipping would be dumb. As for knowing about a tune. when in normal mode is it going through all the gears in normal mode driving? like 1-2-3-4-5. cause no tune in normal mode is 1-3-4. or something. Been awhile but I know it skips second with no tune in normal mode reg driving. I would honestly keep the exhaust and headers and get a resonator. never heard that cat back in person so I cant comment on that. My active exhaust with LTH no cats and a magnaflow tru x is amazing. even with my stage 2 whipple. Quiet mode makes my exhaust almost non existent.

OP
OP

tnmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I have stockers from my 19 with 6k miles on em. However shipping would be dumb. As for knowing about a tune. when in normal mode is it going through all the gears in normal mode driving? like 1-2-3-4-5. cause no tune in normal mode is 1-3-4. or something. Been awhile but I know it skips second with no tune in normal mode reg driving. I would honestly keep the exhaust and headers and get a resonator. never heard that cat back in person so I cant comment on that. My active exhaust with LTH no cats and a magnaflow tru x is amazing. even with my stage 2 whipple. Quiet mode makes my exhaust almost non existent.
Yeah, I know that shipping is dumb. But at this rate, its still less than the dealership. If you are interested in getting rid of them, PM me.

The primary reason to add back the cats is so the local ford dealership will work on the car. I have already talked to them and they have resisted doing any work without a stock tune or stock equipment. The car only has 22k miles on it, so warranty issues are still concerning.

I know this is counter to everything you guys do, but she is adamant about getting it back to stock.

BTW- the car shifts 1-2-3-4-5 in normal. It barks the tires in 1-2-3-4 if you accelerate out of a turn. It does not skip any of the gears in any mode unfortunately.
Sponsored