Need New Battery......................

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Yes, mine is the Deltran Battery Tender Plus.
That charger is meant for motorcycles, etc. Not adequate for car batteries. Look into a CTEK. MXS 5.0 which is the same as the Ford one.
Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Looking for advice on the best replacement battery for a 2020 Shelby GT 500 with a dead battery. Considering options such as the Optima RedTop or Odyssey PC680, but it's important to ensure compatibility with the vehicle's specifications and electrical system. Seeking input from fellow Shelby owners and consulting owner manual or mechanic.
Optima batteries aren’t what they used to be. Hard pass on that one.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
That charger is meant for motorcycles, etc. Not adequate for car batteries. Look into a CTEK. MXS 5.0 which is the same as the Ford one.
I "fully confess" I know nothing about battery chargers or tender plus. When you say CTEK & then go onto say MXS 5.0 is that 2 different chargers or just one with the model number behind it??? I definitely will be buying a new one. I'm now waiting for a call back from my Ford Dealer regarding the battery as its actually still under "full warranty". My warranty runs out in July of 2023.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
"charge to your motorcycle, ATV, UTV, personal watercraft, or scooter ".

Agreed. Migrate from the Battery Tender Plus to the CTEK referenced above or something else specifically dedicated to maintain an automotive battery.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
"charge to your motorcycle, ATV, UTV, personal watercraft, or scooter ".

Agreed. Migrate from the Battery Tender Plus to the CTEK referenced above or something else specifically dedicated to maintain an automotive battery.
Its too bad that my Deltran battery tender plus doesn't put that on the packaging. Something like this: "NOT MEANT FOR CAR BATTERYS!!!!!!!". lol I HAD NO CLUE. THANK YOU for the great info.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I "fully confess" I know nothing about battery chargers or tender plus. When you say CTEK & then go onto say MXS 5.0 is that 2 different chargers or just one with the model number behind it??? I definitely will be buying a new one. I'm now waiting for a call back from my Ford Dealer regarding the battery as its actually still under "full warranty". My warranty runs out in July of 2023.
MXS 5.0 is a CTEK charger. Ford sells the same one only with Ford stickers on it. Got mine using Ford points.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
MXS 5.0 is a CTEK charger. Ford sells the same one only with Ford stickers on it. Got mine using Ford points.
I just now placed the order on Amazon for the CTEK 40-206 MXS 5.0 BATTERY CHARGER. I have a question for you it says it has "different modes". What mode would you use when I store my car for the winter and it doesn't get driven or started for almost 4 months at a time???

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I just now placed the order on Amazon for the CTEK 40-206 MXS 5.0 BATTERY CHARGER. I have a question for you it says it has "different modes". What mode would you use when I store my car for the winter and it doesn't get driven or started for almost 4 months at a time???
Normal mode. Connect the positive to the battery, negative to a body ground that way the battery management system won’t be affected. Then plug it in and forget it. It will default to normal mode when you plug it in.

Mine stays on from November to mid April usually.

OP
OP

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Normal mode. Connect the positive to the battery, negative to a body ground that way the battery management system won’t be affected. Then plug it in and forget it. It will default to normal mode when you plug it in.

Mine stays on from November to mid April usually.
Hmmmm--So I don't connect the black (negative) to the negative post on the battery?????

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Its too bad that my Deltran battery tender plus doesn't put that on the packaging. Something like this: "NOT MEANT FOR CAR BATTERYS!!!!!!!". lol I HAD NO CLUE. THANK YOU for the great info.
It doesn’t matter what type of motor vehicle it is as long as it’s a 12V system. Holy hell
.people have zero clue about simple battery charging circuitry.

You can install a “CAR” battery in a motorcycle if you want and vise Versa. The only difference in choosing a 12V charger, is how many amps you need to supply based on how big of battery capacity you’re connecting it to, and how long it’s going to sit for. That is all.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
It doesn’t matter what type of motor vehicle it is as long as it’s a 12V system. Holy hell
.people have zero clue about simple battery charging circuitry.

You can install a “CAR” battery in a motorcycle if you want and vise Versa. The only difference in choosing a 12V charger, is how many amps you need to supply based on how big of battery capacity you’re connecting it to, and how long it’s going to sit for. That is all.
Had the same problem with my 2020 Gt 350 dealership replaced it under warranty with the GT Mustang battery.
Sponsored