Sponsored

Need Help choosing new exhaust

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Don't all Bullitts have the active exhaust? Probably a lame reply but if you don't like H or X pipe, I'd leave it alone, just change the exhaust mode.

In cabin, the Flowmaster will be WAY louder than Corsa with how much it drones.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
Don't all Bullitts have the active exhaust? Probably a lame reply but if you don't like H or X pipe, I'd leave it alone, just change the exhaust mode.

In cabin, the Flowmaster will be WAY louder than Corsa with how much it drones.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeh lots of people say the flow master drones terribly.
I did h pipe delete first but didn’t like it. Then tried the SwitchFire which was better.
have to say back to stock the Bullitt does
Sound good in track mode. But I want just that little bit more and I think either an Axel back or a different resonator may do the trick.

ps - guys DO NOT TOUCH the Acceletec resonated x pipe. God it was awful.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Do you know the measurements?.
just wondering if this could replace the stock resonator and leave the rest of the stock exhaust intact ?.
The Milltek is built to fit the OEM connection center to center distance of 110mm.
Any competent exhaust installer can easily fit the Milltek resonator to your Bullitt.

OP
OP

Leigh_bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Bullitt
The Milltek is built to fit the OEM connection center to center distance of 110mm.
Any competent exhaust installer can easily fit the Milltek resonator to your Bullitt.
Many thanks
I dropped Milltek an email about the resonator.
I’m guessing it’s much more free flowing than the stock suit case.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP

Sponsored

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Hi All
I have a 2020 Bullitt.
Already tried the H pipe and X pipe but I didn’t like the sound. I actually prefer the stock resonator.
I would like the exhaust just a little louder and wondered what the best Axel back would be with the stock resonator?.

I have been looking at the flow master American thunder as an example because I don’t won’t it too loud like the corsa exhausts.

or is it best just to stay stock ?.

thanks
BORLA SPORT.....YOU'RE WELCOME!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Steeda's axle back sounds great, but isn't too annoyingly loud. Up to 10 RWHP increase. Up to 20% weight reduction
Sound clips
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-3612-s550-axle-back

Looks good on a Bullitt as well
1712087604448-t0.png
52441995201_bec560d273_c.jpg
I have a Steeda axle back on my Bullitt, but the mufflers are round and not oval like yours. I’ve heard many say mine is comparable to a Roush axle back. Needless to say, it is also very loud with LTHs and the Steeda x-pipe.

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
I have a Steeda axle back on my Bullitt, but the mufflers are round and not oval like yours. I’ve heard many say mine is comparable to a Roush axle back. Needless to say, it is also very loud with LTHs and the Steeda x-pipe.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve compared the 2 side by side, I’d be very surprised if they didn’t come from the same factory, they were identical down to the weld quality. The tips were exactly the same.
Private labeling.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
check out the AWE TOURING CAT BACK exhaust, their description sounds like it may be what you’re looking-for…

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Many thanks
I dropped Milltek an email about the resonator.
I’m guessing it’s much more free flowing than the stock suit case.
Theres not much which is more free flowing than the stock resonator. Its two straight tubes all the way through with some holes to get the resonator effect. Its downside is really just weight.

FWIW I also didnt like an H pipe and went back to the stock resonator. I had the Roush Axleback with the stock resonator and it was fun but a bit loud for some areas. I switched to the the Corsa Touring Axleback which is a good volume just a bit louder than stock and a couple steps quieter than the Roush for sure. The Corsas is loud when you ditch the factory resonator and use one of their midpipes, but the Touring in Axleback form is pretty tame. It growls and doesnt roar. Good refined tone. Its just a bit expensive compared to the Roush, which is a real bargin.

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
We all have different likes and dislikes i have the Steeda aggressive axle back and Steeda H pipe and when I'm cruise around town at has a very Deep sound but it can get loud at full throttle and there is no drone
Sponsored