Sponsored

Active Exhaust Question/Help

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt; 2017 Explorer
I need some advice on my active exhust. As our homes in the neighborhood are close together and I leave at 6am every morning, I’m trying to be a nice neighbor by setting my Bullitt to start Quiet Mode between 4am and 8am. But every morning I start it up and Brrr-app-app-appp it’s in Normal mode. Why isn’t it holding on to the quiet mode times I set?
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I need some advice on my active exhust. As our homes in the neighborhood are close together and I leave at 6am every morning, I’m trying to be a nice neighbor by setting my Bullitt to start Quiet Mode between 4am and 8am. But every morning I start it up and Brrr-app-app-appp it’s in Normal mode. Why isn’t it holding on to the quiet mode times I set?
Have you set the time you want it to start in quiet mode? You have to set the start and end hours. For example mine is set to start in quiet mode between 22:00 (10) and 08:00 (8 am) Once you set it and save it, it should always start in quiet between those hours.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Have you set the time you want it to start in quiet mode? You have to set the start and end hours. For example mine is set to start in quiet mode between 22:00 (10) and 08:00 (8 am) Once you set it and save it, it should always start in quiet between those hours.
Yes I have, 4am-8am. The settings are saved — they’re still in there when you go back in — but it starts in Normal mode anyway.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have, 4am-8am. The settings are saved — they’re still in there when you go back in — but it starts in Normal mode anyway.
Well, sounds like a trip to the dealer....

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Perhaps a stupid question, but is your clock set correctly for AM / PM ?

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Did you actually tick the "quiet start" box in addition to setting the times? I made the same mistake the first time, thought I had it set and it was still loud. Once you tick the box mine has been working great for early morning starts.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually tick the "quiet start" box in addition to setting the times? I made the same mistake the first time, thought I had it set and it was still loud. Once you tick the box mine has been working great for early morning starts.
Yep, it was checked. But I wondered, if they are both checked will it only quiet-start within the time window I define?

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have them both checked. One is to set the time, one is to enable/disable the feature.

Not that this helps your situation but:
One thing I noticed, if you put the car in accessory and make the change, it will not enable that change until you turn the vehicle off and then start it.

As an example, (if its currently set to 11pm-8am and at 8:45am you want to start it quiet) If you turn on accessory, change the time to 9am and then start the car, it will still start in normal and be loud.
You have to change the time in accessory, turn the car off and then hit the ignition to start the car for it to commit proper.
Off->Accessory(change time)->Off->Run

You could also set the window to 24hrs and try to start it in quiet mode to see if it works.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yep, it was checked. But I wondered, if they are both checked will it only quiet-start within the time window I define?
Yeah that was my reason for not checking the other box originally, but mine starts up normally every time unless it's in that time frame.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Hey all, thanks for your input. It’s resolved. User error. I was thinking there were two options under the Quiet Mode: I thought the one with the check mark meant “all the time”. And I thought the Set Time was only for if I wanted it to be in quiet mode during certain times. But it turns out it’s a combo platter: You have to check “quiet mode”; and then also set the time window. It’s been working as desired ever since. (In my defense, I’ve found the owner’s manual to be of little help.)

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Dumb question since I don't have it yet but is quiet mode only available during a selected time of day at startup? Or say I just don't want attention during the middle of the day can I select quiet?

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Dumb question since I don't have it yet but is quiet mode only available during a selected time of day at startup? Or say I just don't want attention during the middle of the day can I select quiet?
You can set quiet mode any time you want. In fact you can change between all modes at any time. The ability to set a time for quiet mode is so if you leave home early, you can set the car to start in quiet, otherwise it will always start in Normal mode.
Sponsored