Sponsored

Need a new front splitter

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Any of the usual online Ford parts stores (Tasca, Whitebear Lake, etc) will sell you one, usually much cheaper than the dealership price. They used to be around $300.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My splitter finally split (with Shelby lettering) - literally and flew off on the highway. Where's the best place to get a new one?
You might want to have a close look at why it detached in the first place. Early on, dealer techs doing PDI treated them like they were just decorations, snapping the splitters into place but not bothering with the screws to hold them on. They'd detach at around 90 mph.

OP
OP
rick81721

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
You might want to have a close look at why it detached in the first place. Early on, dealer techs doing PDI treated them like they were just decorations, snapping the splitters into place but not bothering with the screws to hold them on. They'd detach at around 90 mph.
Ha I'm surprised it lasted this long - almost 5 years. The bottom was scraped so many times the bolts were wearing away.

Sponsored

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
my bolts are all scraped too. I think I'll have more luck waiting for it to spontaneously detach then manually removing it.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I bought mine at Levittown Ford. Ask for Bernie on the forum and message directly.

CVCashmere

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ha I'm surprised it lasted this long - almost 5 years. The bottom was scraped so many times the bolts were wearing away.
The structural bolts that hold it on are actually way up inside those oblong holes in the bottom.

1.8t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have an R knockoff splitter in good shape I could sell you. Shoot me a PM if interested.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You might check over at the GT350.org forum, there I seem to recall one there for sale for a reasonable price.

Also, if you were scraping with the non-R splitter, the R will be worse LOL

Sponsored

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
FYI-The splitter fasteners should NOT be reused. I had the front bumper fasteners replaced and the Ford tech reused the splitter fasteners. My splitter came unhooked at 100 mph and folded under the car. Dealer paid for all replacement of parts and repair labor.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
my bolts are all scraped too. I think I'll have more luck waiting for it to spontaneously detach then manually removing it.
Extractor drill bit should do the trick and I'd just replace with new ones...

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
FYI-The splitter fasteners should NOT be reused. I had the front bumper fasteners replaced and the Ford tech reused the splitter fasteners. My splitter came unhooked at 100 mph and folded under the car. Dealer paid for all replacement of parts and repair labor.
There is no problem whatsoever reusing the Torx fasteners or the 45 degree hex head ones, as long as you clip the splitter in place properly and torque all the fasteners to spec. These bolts are not special, use no loctite, and do not stretch. If you break the plastic half moon clips when removing them then you need new clips but that is about it.
Sponsored