MY VOODOO IS USING OIL !

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Might be a dumb question but how are you measuring your oil? Just based on the dipstick or is there a low level warning or an oil level gauge/sensor? I'd get a warning light on my CTS-V and my BMW actually had an oil level gauge.
Stick, I could be wrong, but if the oil light comes on then I think it is basically too late and your engine is toast.

My car is using oil. I'm not losing sleep over it as it seems pretty common... but I'm not pleased about the situation to say the least. It's runs fine and doesn't smoke. I don't get how an engine make oil disappear?
How much oil and is it constant or getting worse? Mine got worse rather quickly.

My dealer techs are also mystified as to where it is going or how it is using it.
Sponsored

Rorysbrown

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mymustang.ca
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Coupe 2.3L High Performance + HP + 6M
Mine has used a half a quart after my first 5,000kms/3,000miles

kawiboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Gt350
Im having same issue with my car, dealer changed my oil at 1000k, filled it to the max I checked when i got home,I then checked it again at 6000K it was down 5.5qt so i fill it back up, and drive it for another 1000k and check again and it's down 3/4qt so i went in to the dealer they tell me to drive it for another 1000k and bring it back, I'm at 500k so far and it just keeps going down, the car has 7000k i do not track the car, It's been babied from day one no blue smoke that i can see and the car runs fine I've never had a new car that burns this much oil.

8WOOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I've owned several sports cars, from 30k sedans to 100,000+ sports cars. Never had any oil issues. My first Mustang a 2012 GT burned tons of oil, the engine didn't make it 5000 miles before it ceased up. My second is this gt350. It didn't burn any oil for the first 1,000 miles. After a long and hard drive for about 3 up and down windy mountainous roads, it from the top of the dipstick to the bottom. I hate to say it, but Ford's Mustangs just have issues all around. I've owned 3 f-150's and never had any issues.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Im having same issue with my car, dealer changed my oil at 1000k, filled it to the max I checked when i got home,I then checked it again at 6000K it was down 5.5qt so i fill it back up, and drive it for another 1000k and check again and it's down 3/4qt so i went in to the dealer they tell me to drive it for another 1000k and bring it back, I'm at 500k so far and it just keeps going down, the car has 7000k i do not track the car, It's been babied from day one no blue smoke that i can see and the car runs fine I've never had a new car that burns this much oil.
When I had my 2012 Boss 302 it used oil as well. I took it to the dealer and they initiated an oil consumption test. Kept using oil. They asked me to drive with the service manager and I did. He laughed at me and asked me to drive it normally and not baby it just because he was driving with me. I honestly told him I was driving it like I normally do. The answer was I was not driving it hard enough and getting it hot enough to properly seat the rings. I never got to test that theory because i ended up trading the car for a GT500. But I have heard this before from several others.

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have a 2016 mustang GT. Is this oil consumption issue only with the VooDoo
engine? I just checked my oil and have not lost a drop of oil, but it was broken
in properly. Whether breaking in a motorcycle or a car, you got to drive it like
you stole it after it warms up of course. Then I change the break in oil at 1000
miles.

OP
OP

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I have noticed mine is burning more oil now that the temperature outside is dropping.The cold engine running "loose" theory could possibly apply here.My dealer did a leak down test and my compression was even in all cylinders ( no wimpy break in either lol)
Sponsored