OP

Genzen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium with PP
Was the blue taped front end for the track or something else? I can't think of a reason you would get more debris but you have 1 more day of track experience than me :p
Blue 3M scotch tape!

I was advised to do it by others and I am glad I did! It also depends on the track. This track was pretty clean with mostly grass of the track but there are many others tracks built around sand and dirt like Willow Springs.
Sponsored

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Not to thread jack but does anyone else have any "on track" aka HPDE videos of the s550? I'm curious how it stacks up to other cars, not just the ss 1LE that Motortrend did...

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
Blue 3M scotch tape!

I was advised to do it by others and I am glad I did! It also depends on the track. This track was pretty clean with mostly grass of the track but there are many others tracks built around sand and dirt like Willow Springs.
Ah I see! Never thought about that as all the tracks in the area are either surrounded by grass or 100% concrete/asphalt. Good to know!

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Nice......

Evan, Nice job of driving on that road course, have done a lot of drag racing in my years, but never a road course..... What speed were you hiting, and what gears are you using the most...... Very nice thanks, John :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Any tire tread. Left on the tires...... Ha! I hope so..........

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Definitely a fun day out.:thumbsup:How were your tires and brakes at the end of the day? I went with a buddie a few years ago and he managed to total his 370Z by hitting the bridge. You did a lot better. LOL

OP
OP

Genzen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Evan, Nice job of driving on that road course, have done a lot of drag racing in my years, but never a road course..... What speed were you hiting, and what gears are you using the most...... Very nice thanks, John :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Any tire tread. Left on the tires...... Ha! I hope so..........
Tires and brakes were perfectly. Fine could probably do 2 or 3 more days with the tires. The brakes much longer. I was maybe 60% of the car's limit. First time and didn't want to trash my car either! =) Fastest speed was around ~120mph on fifth gear. And this was being conservative and not using track mode! I just started using track mode on the road 2 weeks and the car is a beast! Feels faster, louder and more alive!

OP
OP

Genzen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Definitely a fun day out.:thumbsup:How were your tires and brakes at the end of the day? I went with a buddie a few years ago and he managed to total his 370Z by hitting the bridge. You did a lot better. LOL
ouch... I spun out right after the bridge when it was wet and raining during my first session. Scared the crap out of me! I hit the gas too hard and the P Zero SUCKS in the rain!

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Totally cool! I have a reservation to try this next month! :clap2:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Great job!

Sponsored

MontelG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
MAN, that looks like a ton of fun! Well done!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
theres always little rocks and chunks of tire that come up and scuff/chip your car too. They make a spray on temporary paint protection film, its pretty much clear plastidip

ohmy350

Threads
Reaction score
Well done! Not to disparage your efforts and ability, but it did seem like more than a few of the others were out for what looked like a joy ride. I saw a Viper and C7 wave you past like they weren't even interested in racing. Granted, they may be a bit more cautious because of the price of their rides. Maybe you're just that fast!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boolean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT-P
Well done! Not to disparage your efforts and ability, but it did seem like more than a few of the others were out for what looked like a joy ride. I saw a Viper and C7 wave you past like they weren't even interested in racing. Granted, they may be a bit more cautious because of the price of their rides. Maybe you're just that fast!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah that happens quite a bit on track days haha. I lapped a C6 z06 on road Atlanta with my C5 Z06 last time and well let's just say that physics no worky.

That being said the OP looked to be holding his own on this track. NICE WORK!!!
Sponsored